Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stan

wow Gold Making: Obliterating Ancient Healing Potions

9 posts in this topic

Njxkes1.jpg

I've conducted an experiment, whether it was still enough profitable to craft ObliterumObliterum through Alchemy using Ancient Healing PotionAncient Healing Potion, given the low price of ObliterumObliterum on highly-populated realms.

This method is extremely popular and efficient. I've only used my Level 100 character with 600 Alchemy. You obviously need to unlock the Obliterum Forge first and the wrists you need to buy require some initial investment.

How to get Ancient Healing PotionAncient Healing Potion.

• Recipe: Ancient Healing PotionRecipe: Ancient Healing Potion & Recipe: Ancient Healing PotionRecipe: Ancient Healing Potion are bought from the Alchemy vendor. The third rank is created as an item in your inventory and you have a chance to get it anytime you're crafting Ancient Healing PotionAncient Healing Potion.
    • I've got mine after crafting 523 potions, it's really random, but absolutely do pay attention to your inventory if you're a first timer, don't just go AFK
    • The recipe may appear anytime in your inventory that's why you should stop crafting as soon as you see it and commence wth the rank 3 learned (it grants procs).
    • Given the low ObliterumObliterum price on my realm, rank 3 is a must if you want to profit.

Obliterum Price

• ObliterumObliterum price at the time of writing: 2,395g/pc
  • ObliterumObliterum price at the time of publishing/selling: 2,359 g/pc

Numbers

Investment: 144,865 Gold > 14,546 Yseralline SeedYseralline Seeds

So rank 3 gave me an extra of 1,684 potions.

Average Obliterum AshObliterum Ash per obliterated Ancient Healing PotionAncient Healing Potion = 1.5005

Results: 79 ObliterumObliterum / 83 Obliterum AshObliterum Ash

Profit: 43,454 Gold.

The method still works, but is very time-consuming. I didn't bother get Yseralline SeedYseralline Seeds cheaper, I bought them all from the Auction House at the average price of almost 10g/pc. It takes ages to obliterate all the potions, which is why I didn't want to spend even more time searching for cheaper seeds.

How to Obliterate Faster?

EasyObliterate is a must if you don't want to go bonkers. It replaces the traditional Forge UI with a much more compact interface and allows you to obliterate with the spam of a single button.

• Set Auto Loot & Auto Select on.
  • When in-game type /M and create a new macro with /click EasyObliterate, so you can place it on an actionbar.

b793819229338cf2aac12fb9ce90c209.png

I tried a lower budget variation of this, only bought 200 Yseralline Seeds, and crafted rank 2 Ancient Healing Potions.

Ended up losing 2k gold. Haven't tried this with rank 3 yet, but don't try this with rank 2.

14 hours ago, Maruken said:

I tried a lower budget variation of this, only bought 200 Yseralline Seeds, and crafted rank 2 Ancient Healing Potions.

Ended up losing 2k gold. Haven't tried this with rank 3 yet, but don't try this with rank 2.

You absolutely need the Rank 3. You should only use Rank 2 for the Rank 3 proc if you don't have it yet.

Hi Stan

Have you looked at the Infernal Alchemist Stone,

It is a little hard on the bloods, but as an Alchemist you don't have a lot else to spend them on.

Brimstone is fairly cheap on most AH, its just a matter of weighing up costs of the Felwort.

11 hours ago, Sungrass said:

Hi Stan

Have you looked at the Infernal Alchemist Stone,

It is a little hard on the bloods, but as an Alchemist you don't have a lot else to spend them on.

Brimstone is fairly cheap on most AH, its just a matter of weighing up costs of the Felwort.

Hi Sungrass,

I've explored this option, but I don't really like it, because it depends on too many variables. It's a good way to spend your bloods though, but at the end of the day, you will run out of bloods and finding crafters that sell it for 100-200g (that's the price of bloods i'd have to find if I wanted to make some nice gold) can be problematic. Add the fluctuating price of Felwort and unstable prices of Obliterum. Destroying 1 stone gives anywhere between 110-180 ash. When Obliterum prices rise, I search for cheap Alchemy trinkets or crafted jewelry on the AH, buy it and destroy it.

I'm not saying this method isn't working, but obliterating potions currently gives me more gold and it only depends on the price of seeds. It's very time-consuming though:(.

Anyway, 1,915g + 3 bloods would be my investment.

Hello, Stan.

Thx for this guide. I can advice you one more hint for this method.

You can use autoclicker (i used GS Auto Clicker) to make it faster and no need to click it manually. You just move your mouse to button Anigilation and start the autoclicker. I drinked tea and all my potions became shards.

Edited by Voperon

23 hours ago, Voperon said:

Hello, Stan.

Thx for this guide. I can advice you one more hint for this method.

You can use <snip> to make it faster and no need to click it manually. You just move your mouse to button Anigilation and start the autoclicker. I drinked tea and all my potions became shards.

Stuff like this is against the ToS I believe, since you are automating your actions. It can get you banned. Going to remove the name of the program from your comment.

23 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Stuff like this is against the ToS I believe, since you are automating your actions. It can get you banned. Going to remove the name of the program from your comment.

It's ok, it was not for advertasing just for ppl to use

51 minutes ago, Voperon said:

It's ok, it was not for advertasing just for ppl to use

I mean that, by using that program, you can be permanently banned on WoW. If people read that and use it, you could be causing them to get banned :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0