FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cirrem

UH Log checks

Hey All, 

Been reading through the forums here trying to improve and thought I'd offer up my latest run to see some glaring issues with my play. 

Up front I know there are some easy things I've not done:

• Only brought 2 potions to raid and used them as best I could (still only 2m damage though when i heard that 4m is reasonable)
  • Only brought 5 augment runes and those were used during some dumb wipes/deaths
  • This was my first attempt at dps'ing this raid. I've tanked normal a few times and the fights were different enough as dps that I made some critical mistake and didn't optimize some situations. Specifically Cenarius I think I could apply more AOE if I used my CDs a little more optimally.

Questions:

My haste dropped after some new upgrades. I have loads of crit now, but my haste is around 15%. Do we have guidance on how much iLvls you can drop for haste vs. mastery and the number for haste vs. versatility. 

I also find that I have pockets of time where staying RP capped happens because of haste buffs and needing to unload runes. I also have trouble with the idea I need to death coil when I already have scourge up. 

I see people that switch talents for each fight optimizing there build, but my Legendary bracers seem to push certain talents into primacy regardless of the situation. For example, AWS seems clearly to loose when considering the bracers. 

Anyways, any help would be really appreciated. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/19416035/latest#bracket=12

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/durotan/Cirrem/advanced

Edited by Cirrem

So just checking out your Heroic Ursoc parse, I notice that your dot uptime isn't to great at around 20 seconds with it being off the boss, being runic capped for around 40 seconds of the fight these are pretty simple fixes. You gave some delay on Apoc but it didn't seem to cut your timers off or anything for Apocs I would suggest trying to cast this off CD better reguardless, soul reapers also a problem you only got 4 out of possible 7 casts, as well as some of your soul reapers only being procced with 2 or less wounds there for only giving you 14% haste (or less) compared to 21%. Also worth mentioning just from experience I feel like you aren't getting 4 or 5 wound before SSing with bracers this is ideal. Instead of 2 or 3. I am also guessing you aren't spending much time fishing for Scourge of the world procs.

So yeah also if theres any chance try and find some better trinkets, even 840 crit strength trinkets out value both of your trinkets you are currently wearing, a 835 crit strength would also out value your strength verse one. Ideally a darkmoon card would be pretty good as a replacement for either though i suggest getting rid of the versatility one first.

Thanks @DRtain for the reply! I have noticed there are times with it off the boss. I probably need to get a mod in place to warn of that since i'm constantly being bad about it. 

The wound count is a good thought. I do have times where I feel the pressure to bump the last wounds before I run out. 

About the trinkets, even with the strength difference the stat weight is that bad? I kept a few of my trinkets and I'll be on the lookout for WQ trinkets. Is haste at my stats still not as good as crit?

You already have the fingernail, so as Drtain states and you've noted grab the WQ's with the Str + random stat WQ's and hope for a decent secondary roll.
Failing that, farm HoV  (Hunger of the Pack)

Perusing over your logs
Obviously acknowledgment of lack of pots etc.
Appreciate a lot of the missing CD uses could be because you've been asked to hold CD's for burst phases, the below hasn't taken that into consideration but it's an overview of what you could have potentially used without reservation.

Nythendra
You missed 1 SR
You missed 1 Apoc
You didn't cast any Death and Decay
Your wound burst management is good (as it should be with bracers)
Missing around 30 secs of Virulent plague uptime.

Ursoc
You used AoD on pull, BL was used towards end.  Synchronise the two for max output.
Missed 2 SR casts
You didn't cast any Death & Decay
20 secs of Virulent Plague missing

Dragon of Nightmare
Missed 1 Apoc
Missed 1 DT
Missed 2 SR
Missed 8 D&D's

Elrethe Renferal
Missed 2 Apocs
Missed 2 SR
Missed 7 D&D's
50 secs of VPlague downtime.  (I refresh this prior to switches/platform changes)

II'gynoth
Missed 1 Apoc
Missed 2 DT's
Missed 3 SR
Missed 6 D&D (Appreciate this isn't conducive to drop these all over the place, but you can still hit 8 D&D's in the fight if you place them well enough without fear of them ticking on Ichor's whilst they're being kited etc)

Cenarius
Missed 1 Apoc
Missed 1 DT
Missed 1 SR  (also 1 SR cast burst 0 wounds)
Missed 10 D&D's

Xavius
Missed 1 DT
Missed 1 SR  (also 1 cast O wounds burst)
Missed 12 D&D's

Edited by Skorn

1 Rune Useage for D&D every 30 seconds for avg 340k dmg per cast.
2 Runes per FS and you've averaged 291k per hit (Crit)
You should be weaving into your rotation off CD,
granted some fights it's better to hold placing it till you can cleave off the target as I said above, the missed CD's could very well be situational depending on what your raid comp requires you to do, burst phases etc but if you're not cleaving it should be used off CD.

Edited by Skorn

That is true, but FS gives you wounds and SS bursts them, surely SS is a better use of that 1 rune than DnD considering wound mechanics?

Do not cast D&D single target. Also please stop just copy pasting useless information from Checkmywow the site does give useful into but not if you just say anything that it tells you @Skorn, D&D is not worth while for single target. 2 wounds puts the dmg to just about the same as D&D and it's more than likely to proc more than 2 wounds.

Edited by Drtain
  • Like 1

Can't be useless information if it's useful.  One or the other.
To not cast ANY D&D even on single target fights is non viable or odd to say the least.  You should be at the very least casting it if you're dropping off mechanics,  Rot / Focus charge, venom/storm debuffs, so to see that NON were cast through most of the fights is not optimising your output.

CMP, is a formative approach to those whom want to know why they're not percentile'ing as well as they should, as in the case of the OP , he's averaging 64% for his ilvl, clearly focusing on wound bursting than an accurately simmed rotation which includes D&D.

If you check any of the top tier'd percentile UH DK's the minimum casts on D&D is 3-5 on Single Target fights, with bracers.

Edited by Skorn

I mainly mentioned it because 

On 11/4/2016 at 10:44 AM, Skorn said:

1 Rune Useage for D&D every 30 seconds for avg 340k dmg per cast.
2 Runes per FS and you've averaged 291k per hit (Crit)
You should be weaving into your rotation off CD,
granted some fights it's better to hold placing it till you can cleave off the target as I said above, the missed CD's could very well be situational depending on what your raid comp requires you to do, burst phases etc but if you're not cleaving it should be used off CD.

is not correct, despite the dmg different, using it when dealing with mechanics is different but as mention you said it should be used off cd which isn't correct.

As opposed to telling someone not to cast it on single targets, which is incorrect also.
Difference being able to switch up your rotation to accommodate the Rune spending (regen) , place it prior to RP dumping/Scourge fishing.
If you have the bracers then priority rotation changes I agree somewhat but to fully negate D&D out of your rotation is principally wrong regardless of your setup.

Your last Nythendra kill you were ilvl 875 with legendary bracers.  Pulling 367k dps, casting 1 D&D
my last kill of which I weaved in 10 D&D's  (excessive Rot targeting + drop off prior to RP dumping)
I pulled 349k dps WITHOUT bracers.. and 3 ilvls lower ... trying to digest the logic here.

Mythic VS Heroic, MC and my guild requires melee to stand at ranged during heart of the swarm (sometimes they call it out during pull). If you look at my Guide for unholy dps I already suggest D&Ding during mechanics that force you to stay in melee, as this was a farm night i wasn't also putting in 100% effort honestly. Mechanics change drastically as well as other things. My heroic parse you could compare to yours and say you're doing much better perhaps according to what you say you did? I guess? but your logs say you were doing 327k. I also think it's fair to point out your trinkets out rank mine uvan's ring also isn't a terrible dps increasing legendary. But regardless no point in arguing over this.

In my opinion and when i compared damages:
DND is NOT an option on single target, but in 1 rare situation: a) you are not in melee range AND b) you risk being runecapped before returning into melee range. At around 847 iLvL I did way more dps in very similar fights, as we were wiping on the first boss at about the same time, so I had very similar stats to compare with

@Phreeze Yeah using D&D single target isn't optimal unless your going to be sitting out of attackable range and cap on runes before returning, or you have no runic to cast deathcoils, when at ranged casting deathcoils unless rune capped is optimal and if you are still out of range by the time ur runic is depleted then it is worth casting a DnD