Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aravran

Priorities

8 posts in this topic

hey

Come across an issue yesterday, did Kara and got a couple of ilvl upgrade, 865 finger and trinket, like a dumbass, I just equipt. When I checked later I noticed my crit and haste had dropped to 18%, think I got rid of a couple of enchanted pieces, Ok question being, should I go ilvl, especially from 845 to 865 and loose haste, or keep the haste, I feel strangled now, runes don't keep up, I did give away a ring with 1263 haste which probably would have fixed it, but was 840ilvl, also my crit and haste vary, I can check and it drops to 16%, then 18%. crit does the same. Things have gotten really weird, or struggle on for better specs in new gear that can take gems.

tah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely ignore the item level when talking about rings or necks, they don't have primary stats, they're all about the secondaries.

As such, if you replace an 830 ring with perfect secondary stats with an 870 with bad ones it will be worse, just check their amount and notice it's a very small increase even with high item level difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks, did just that, had an 845 ring with 1263 haste and good crit, seems to have made things better, both back above 22% now, so back to a good starting point. So rested and food, I am ok for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep you higher ilevel items in your bag though so that when you use the premade group finder it will display a better "overall" ilevel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sniz said:

Keep you higher ilevel items in your bag though so that when you use the premade group finder it will display a better "overall" ilevel.

^ This, this and lastly this,  whilst you're lower ilvl items will benefit you with preferred primary/secondary stats always keep the higher ilvl item in your bags regardless of their poop factor.

Edited by Skorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please note that this applies mainly to jewelry (necks and rings). For slots with main stats, then choose the better itemized piece as long as it's less than a 15 ilevel gap (sockets add roughly 5 ilevels) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Aegis said:

Please note that this applies mainly to jewelry (necks and rings). For slots with main stats, then choose the better itemized piece as long as it's less than a 15 ilevel gap (sockets add roughly 5 ilevels) 

I usually go with +/- 10 ilevel for gear, and swap in and out rings and trinkets to maintain secondaries.

crafted rings are especially useful, and im not just saying that because im a jewelcrafter ;)

 

ps for reference:

Dawnlight Band of the Fireflash (haste/crit)

" " of the Feverflare (haste/mast)

" " of the ???? (Haste/ versa)

Maelstrom Band of the Aurura (versa/haste)

 

 

Edited by Sniz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sniz said:

I usually go with +/- 10 ilevel for gear, and swap in and out rings and trinkets to maintain secondaries.

crafted rings are especially useful, and im not just saying that because im a jewelcrafter ;)

 

ps for reference:

Dawnlight Band of the Fireflash (haste/crit)

" " of the Feverflare (haste/mast)

" " of the ???? (Haste/ versa)

Maelstrom Band of the Aurura (versa/haste)

 

 

Haste/vers and vers/haste are the same. Aurora. Other ones to look out for are impatient (pure haste) and decimator (pure crit).

the recommended is +\- 10, but I find that that's abit too restrictive. Ymmv, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.