FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sarnen

Frost DK trinkets

Is there a bis list (even if imperfectly accurate) ranking for trinkets for frost?  I only recently learned that versatility is our best stat, but SimC shows some surprising results with trinkets I wouldn't expect.  That may also be because SimC can't perfectly model all the trinkets intricacies.  So while it may be a difficult quetion to answer, I'd still like at least a ballpark idea of what I should be gunning for.  I'm not good enough with math and esoteric mechanics to trust my own judgement.  Cenarius stat stick trinket might be BIS for all I know, for reasons I don't understand (and don't really need to as long as I know the rotation).  Can someone help me out so I can at lesat try to prioritize certain dungeons or bosses?

12 hours ago, mgibbonsjr said:

Someone dropped this in the DK Discord. Can not vouch for who did these sims nor who dropped it, so take it for what it's worth =)

qr1oSTv.png

there are more up to date ones out there for higher ilvl but its an excellent starting point. do bare in mind that sims are just tools and a general guideline, for your personal character things will likely play out differently so for 100% accuracy you need to self sim and fart around in game, but its an excellent starting reference point :D

I'm told the eye of command is supposed to be good.

Trying to figure out what to use and for what situations between 865 Ursoc, 865 Nature's call, and 895 seed pod, and some 850 str/haste and str/crit stat sticks leftover from WQ

I have an 870 Titanforged PvP on-use versatility trinket on my Frost alt. How does it match up compared to the trinkets listed above?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Neahra/simple

It feels useful as it lines up perfectly with Pillar of Frost, and versatility is listed as a strong stat, but I do not know how it is budgeted.

Edited by Ashiraya

On 11/4/2016 at 4:08 PM, Sarnen said:

I'm told the eye of command is supposed to be good.

Trying to figure out what to use and for what situations between 865 Ursoc, 865 Nature's call, and 895 seed pod, and some 850 str/haste and str/crit stat sticks leftover from WQ

eye of command sims really good however in many cases it kinda fall flat, like in reality its garbage for mythic + in many ways. The issue is once you switch targets your stacks are reset. So on pure single bosses like ursoc you are fine, however, everything else when you should be targeting adds and such your stacks go away diminishing the value, so its a good sim trinket but in real play its value is questionable. 

^^ following on from Demon

As a rule of thumb, I would recommend you largely concentrate on secondary stats after first making sure it gives a healthy amount of +STR.

If it has +STR then it's reliable, but not necessarily BiS, all static BiS lists will be invalidated if your setup is heavily weighted one way or lacking in others.

If it has large secondary stats (Unstable Crystal, Ettin Finger) it will be high up the list, but very dependant on your existing stats... going over softcaps will have diminishing returns and depends a lot on what you have available in your bags to rebalance gear.

Of those two I'd prefer the fingernail purely because the +STR will always be useful, whereas the crystal could easily cause overstacking.

If it has +STR as a stacking proc (Chaos Talisman) it is also worth holding on to.

All other items that give random +crit +haste etc as a proc chance are very RNG dependent and often low performing in my experience.

Personally, I'd be happiest with 860+ Ursoc Paw (for the +STR .. the proc is garbarge), Darkmoon Dominion (lol gold), Chaos Talisman, Ettin Finger... Faulty Counter is very good and stacks well due on being 'on use' but it gives only crit as a base stat so your mileage may vary.

13 hours ago, Ashiraya said:

I have an 870 Titanforged PvP on-use versatility trinket on my Frost alt. How does it match up compared to the trinkets listed above?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Neahra/simple

It feels useful as it lines up perfectly with Pillar of Frost, and versatility is listed as a strong stat, but I do not know how it is budgeted.

It's very good for those reasons you listed, I can't think of much that would beat it unless you get some high ilvl versions of those in the top 5 of the list.

4 hours ago, Browed said:

I'm also looking forward to some of the major trinkets coming in the Nighthold:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=140806/convergence-of-fates&bonus=3443#comments

Will be very interesting to see in combination with Icecap... PoF with very little downtime has some major potency.

This trinket hurts my soul. 3 procs per minute, 15 second total reduced CD combined with Icecap, potential for close to 100% PoF uptime, its powerful. However, I fear it will reopen the frostscythe arguments XD. I thought the storm was gone, but I see it again on the horizon. 

On 7.11.2016 at 7:22 PM, demonardvark said:

This trinket hurts my soul. 3 procs per minute, 15 second total reduced CD combined with Icecap, potential for close to 100% PoF uptime, its powerful. However, I fear it will reopen the frostscythe arguments XD. I thought the storm was gone, but I see it again on the horizon. 

they nerfed it >.< it reduces the cd of empowered rune weapon now, which blows. this trinket is no longer as good as it could

2 hours ago, Muzgu said:

they nerfed it >.< it reduces the cd of empowered rune weapon now, which blows. this trinket is no longer as good as it could

yaaaaaaay well sort of XD makes no matter to me which talent people use long as they are having fun, but in many places the debate was a bit..... aggressive lol.