FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lily

Further improvements?

Hey everyone,

I try to keep my mage up to date and read on forums/discord and stuff, but I don't really feel like I am dealing the DMG that I should deal with 865.

Maybe some of you Mythic-Raider pros or something, could have a look at my logs to say if I am doing alright or what to improve?

HC-Logs 6/7 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4KnjvG9dwtX7PY62

I am using Potion of Prolonged Power, even though I know that Deadly Grace is still better.

Armory is in the signature.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Lily

Lily, you're at what, 55% crit fully buffed?

One thing of note, Deadly Graces is just too good not to use.  I know you said you know this but if you want to do better DPS, consider in most fights Deadly Graces will range between 5 and 9% of your total damage, which could be a ton of damage.

From what I can see, you have 2 slight issues, and that's it.  The rest comes with better gear honestly.

You failed to convert 6 of your heating ups from a pyroblast into a new hotstreak.  You had 21/27 procs. 

The other thing I noticed is every, at least on Cenarius, time you burned Combustion you were only getting 5 Pyros in.  You should idealy be getting 7 pyros out during that phase.  It's hard but doable.  I pretty much  maintain 6 of them but at least one burn I get to 7, depends on the stupid server lag at the time.

IMO, those Legendary boots are wasted.  I would drop them for a good pair of Mythic+ or Heroic boots. You probably want the boots off of Heroic (if you're not on Mythic yet) Ursoc, http://www.wowhead.com/item=139195/crimson-wool-lined-slippers&bonus=1807

You can also grab the normal versions, the boots from Huntsman in Karazhan, or heroic Cenarius.  They'll push you towards 58% crit, which doesn't sound like much but goes far in the way of easily procing heating up.

You've got the 375 crit food, you've got the flask.  No Augment Rune, and no Deadly Graces.

Honestly, your DPS seems fine, just need to fine tune things slightly.  Work on making sure every time you proc a heating up it turns into a hotstreak.  Don't miss any.  So far the only ones you missed were pyroblast procing it and not turning it into a hot streak.  Work on your Combustion phase some, try to get out at least 1 more pyro during the phase.  I see you are using PF to get into your rotation, I would wait until you are already in a hot streak to ROP+Combustion.  I am spiking 750k+ on my Combustion phases.  Granted, my guild is only in Normals, I wasn't logging for the Heroic clear I did with my brother's guild so I can't truly compare my dps to yours.

Again, this is different because different fights, albeit slightly.  I really need to get the logs from my brother for that heroic clear, but you can look and compare to see what I am doing vs what you are doing, switch to time table and look.

Your  Elerethe Renferal fight was one of your better fights so I choose that fight to compare.

Yours https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4KnjvG9dwtX7PY62#type=summary&fight=28&source=7

Mine https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9c8BNZFTaLCAXRwf#type=summary&fight=13&source=9

Now, I'm a bad mage, don't be a bad mage like me and use Scorch so much lol.  You use Ice Floes properly, I sometimes totally forget it exists.  I could probably have done better had I remembered to use the damn thing.

Here's a nice website to check simple stats on what you're doing and where you're missing procs.  It's not fool proof and not all classes are supported but it's pretty cool and shows some good stuff.

http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/4KnjvG9dwtX7PY62/96021040/37?tab=basic

Hope that helps some!

TLDR:

Convert more Pyro Heating Up to Hot Streak, you're missing some of them.

Get some more Crit.  Drop those legendary boots in favor of Heroic Ursoc boots.

Use Deadly Graces.

Get at least 1 more pyro out of Combustion phase, you're only at 5.

Message me and I will send you my info to add me to battletag if you have any questions.

Edited by Thazi
  • Like 1

Hey Thazi,
firstly thanks for this really long and specific answer you gave me :)

I switches my leg-boots to 875 boots from Cenarius to get more crit. I always knew that they are the worst leg to get for firemages, due to the stats, but the INT-upgrade was not easy to beat with a lower item^^
Now I got another 2% Crit and fully buffed I am at 61% :)
I am pandaren and use the 375 crit-food. Is Fishbrul Special better for me?

I will keep my mind to converting more Heating Ups into Pyros! On Cenarius I stopped casting cause of the reflection of the boss. But don't really know if that's what blocked 6-7 Pyros.

So, thanks again for your work I appreciate it :) And I will keep eyes open for more Pyros!

The 375 crit food is your best bet.  Even as a Pandaren.  You're at 61% now, thats awesome. 

Yeah, the reflect can be an issue, but shouldn't be a major issue.  When I did it on Heroic Tuesday I think I had to hold off on only 2 or 3. 

The key is not to throw the pyro out, you had heating up but didnt convert them to hot streaks.  Throw a blast out and get the hot streak, with your ice shield it should negate the damage coming back from the reflect if any happens.

Hope it helps, let me know if your dps increases!

EDIT:

Dealing with his reflection ability shouldn't be a huge issue in Heroic mode.  I'll be honest, as long as you keep your ice shield up, you should be okay.  Try to not hit him with instant cast pyros when it's up, but fireblast won't kill you.  Convert away. 

It also helps me that I have the Legendary chest, so I can get an extra bubble with blink.  But even still, a fireblast won't kill you lol.

Edited by Thazi

1 hour ago, Thazi said:

The 375 crit food is your best bet.  Even as a Pandaren.

Yep, figured this out as well. Fishbrul doesn't double :/

1 hour ago, Thazi said:

Throw a blast out and get the hot streak

Sometimes I don't have a blast up, but I will definatly keep trying to improve this.

As an early update:

I finally killed Xavius on heroic this evening with my guild and forgot to start the logs after a relog... So I only got 8 wipes instead of ~20 wipes and a kill. But at least on Xavius, my DMG felt way better with these few changes I had recently and keeping in mind to get more Pyros in Comb + more Pyros from Heating-Up :)

38 minutes ago, Lily said:

Yep, figured this out as well. Fishbrul doesn't double :/

Sometimes I don't have a blast up, but I will definatly keep trying to improve this.

As an early update:

I finally killed Xavius on heroic this evening with my guild and forgot to start the logs after a relog... So I only got 8 wipes instead of ~20 wipes and a kill. But at least on Xavius, my DMG felt way better with these few changes I had recently and keeping in mind to get more Pyros in Comb + more Pyros from Heating-Up :)

Good news!

How many pyros were you able to get off during Combustion this time?

19 hours ago, Thazi said:

How many pyros were you able to get off during Combustion this time?

On first burst I always fitted 6 in Comb. Some pulls I got like 3 Pyromaniac-Proccs... On others it felt like none in 6Mins.

Infight I haven't managed to save all 3 PFs intime. But anyways, my damage (for now just on Xavius) felt much better! :)