Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vladamyr

Retribution

13 posts in this topic

I use the CLCRet addon and was wondering if someone could post the proper rotation string (with 4pc T13) and maybe enlighten me on clash settings

Edited by Damien

Ok I have made my own rotation string using what I believe is the proper rotation according to the guide. Could someone check it over and make suggestions? I also realize that this priority will alter at 3HP (in which case I want to tvdp, exo, tv) until i have used my 3HP up.

• inqa - Apply Inquistion at 3HP
  • inqr - Refresh Inquistion at 3HP
  • cs - Crusader Strike
  • Inqrdp - Refresh Inquistion with Divine Purpose Proc
  • exoud - Exorcism (AoW Proc) on undead/demon
  • tvdp - Templar's Verdict with Divine Purpose Proc
  • jhp - Judgement generating Holy Power
  • exo - Exorcism (AoW Proc)
  • tvhp - Templar's Verdict at 3HP
  • how - Hammer of Wrath
  • hw - Holy Wrath

It looks mostly right, although I'm really not sure how the add-on handles the under 3HP / at 3HP differences. The priority you listed seems to be a kind of hybrid of the two.

You should keep in mind that you should only use DP procs on Inquisition if the buff is about to expire. Otherwise, it should go on Templar's Verdict. And Templar's Verdict with a DP proc should be above Exorcism in the priority.

Yes, I actually think i could delete #9 and just manually know that at 3HP - tvdp, exo, tv.

The inqrdp and inqr - Refresh Inquistion when Inquistion has X amount of time left. For me that is set at 5 seconds.

TVDP is above Exorcism but I had moved Exorcism vs Demons/Undead ahead of it according to section 1.3 in the guide? Am I misreading that?

Thx a bunch for the help!

Edited by Vladamyr

No, you are spot on!

5 seconds is also a good amount for refreshing Inquisition.

Let me know how it works out in practice and if you need to adapt it at all for some reason.

It seems to work really well so far. I added a Power Auras notification (spinning circle on my HP bar and a thunder clap sound) for when I have 3HP. The audio cue is really nice so that I don't have to stare at my HP bar. Pulling about 42k on Madness 10N (I'm only 392 ilvl) don't know if this is proper range of dps or not? I'm going to setup on a training dummy over the holiday weekend and check it vs 2 other rotations and I was wondering what you thought was an acceptable test damage amount? 10, 25, 100 million?

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Ultraxion/10N/Retribution_Paladin/?page=4

42,000 DPS would make you the 150th best Retribution Paladin world wide on normal Ultraxion. I'd say your rotation is fine, and you outperform many better geared people because no one takes the time like you do to fine tune your DPS. If just 20% of the WoW population would spend 25% of the energy you did to improve, there'd be a whole helluva lot less wipes in the world of Azeroth.

Ok, that makes me think my recount was off then Posted Image I will hope not, but i switched to recount because Skada was giving me erroneous results. Maybe I have something else messing up my damage meters? I really need to remember to run WoL's to get good accurate info.

Any ideas on the test dummy sample amount? Once I have nailed that down i'm testing the haste vs crit EJ debate (for myself) once and for all.

Edited by Vladamyr

The DPS you get on Madness of Deathwing is considerably higher than what you'd get on Ultraxion, due to the several buffs on that fight. The top Retribution Paladin on Madness 25 heroic is clocked in at 120K DPS on Worldoflogs :) http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Madness_of_Deathwing/25H/Retribution_Paladin/

Regarding the dummy, 10 million seems quite adequate!

Holy mother of derp did I derp...I read his post as testing on Ultraxion, not Madness. Please forgive the fact I was up until 3am toting an old friend who just came back to WoW through LFR...

P.S. Monday night LFRs at 3am = NO BUENO

On a side note, 42k on Madness is still acceptable. It greatly depends on your group composition, who is padding meters with Spellweave, and how awesome your group is. If your group is powerful enough to kill the arm tentacles before he starts casting Cataclysm (100% damage buff), then your DPS will look crappy compared to others. However, if you're the top DPS and get to put Avenging Wrath, Zealotry, and your Guardian for a full 25 seconds during his Cataclysm cast, then you'll easily do more than 42k. Madness is such a finicky fight that testing your DPS here will only cause bigger headaches. Continuously use LFR Ultraxion as a template for how well you'll perform on a stand alone fight. You can do it as many times as you want (or can tolerate that obnoxious trash).

Tried out several rotations today on the target dummy and the clear winner was the one listed above. I used straight rotation, without using cooldowns or trinkets, for testing and all attempts were for 10m damage. So unless my testing is flawed the winning rotation for CLCRet is as follows with Inquisition refresh at 5 seconds:

inqa inqr cs inqrdp exoud tvdp jhp exo tvhp how hw cons

inq inqdp tv5 tvdp es how exo cs j tv3

Inquisition refresh = 2 (as a note this is with Divine Purpose) without I would try 3-5

inq = apply Inquisition at 3+ HP

inqdp = apply Inquisition with Divine Purpose Proc

tv5 = Templar's Verdict at 5 HP

tvdp = Templar's Verdict with Divine Purpose Proc

es = Execution Sentence

how = Hammer of Wrath

exo = Exorcism

cs = Crusader Strike

j = Judgement

tv3 = Templar's Verdict at 3+ HP

1 person likes this