FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
shmalls

Spontaneous Appendages for MM

Recently saw this was one of the top trinkets for MM in Azor's guide, and I was curious if anyone else has tried it with MM. The trinket's tooltip says it triggers from melee attacks so could it really be that good by sheer stats? Has anyone tested to see if the tooltip is wrong? I know the tooltip for Six-Feather Fan said the same thing and it definitely worked for ranged.

I found one on my Survival spec. I tested it for about 2-3 minutes on a dummy and it did not proc at all. Maybe there is a specific skill that would trigger it? I honestly don't see this trinket being good just for the stats alone, as you can get a stat stick with mastery on it..

I'd like to know why this trinket is in the list also as if it is viable, it would be such a beast of a trinket...

I am using it with MM, and it does proc. The reason for it being listed so high on the simulations is that it seems to proc far more often than the ingame spelldata shows. From my own experience the procrate is fairly low, and SimulationCraft now posts this warning when I sim myself: "In-game testing shows that the actual rppm is much closer to 1.3~ than 0.7, so we slightly underestimated down to 1.25."

I'm not sure if the MM guide has been updated to reflect this or not.