FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Patches

Im 50k dps off of what simcraft is giving me. What to do?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jG16pZRQqz8CkXAJ/#boss=-2

Here are the logs from last nights run of EN, we cleared 7/7 N and 3/7 H

Punching my hunter up in Simcraft estimates me at around 320k dps. I know thats with flawless execution and top end buffing, so i know  not to expect that since i dont use 375 food or runes yet. But looking at my performance on mostly single target fights, i feel like i'm doing something wrong. 

Unbuffed on target dummys i can only seem to hold around 270-280k dps. 

Im 867 and have 23% mastery. 21% haste. and 22% crit

Edited by Patches

You might be surprised how much DPS consumables make up for. Flasks, Food, Runes, pre-potting, and fight potting is a good chunk.

Have you at least tried to use ALL the consumables at least once to see where you are?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

You might be surprised how much DPS consumables make up for. Flasks, Food, Runes, pre-potting, and fight potting is a good chunk.

Have you at least tried to use ALL the consumables at least once to see where you are?

Not on dummys, no. During raids I make sure im flasked and fed with 300 food every fight. on Heroic i combat pot each fight but I only pre pot on some.

Edited by Patches

29 minutes ago, chicken said:

Did you look at the log specifically for his toon?

On the Ursoc fight, the potion of deadly grace accounts for 2.3% of his DPS.  So from the sim at 320k dps and the admittedly small ancedotal evidence, that's only 7k dps on that fight.  Even if you chalk up that low percentage to bad RNG, it's unlikely that good RNG would double that.

And even if he's using a 375 rune, his agility is 25704 which is a 1.4% increase from the rune.  Again, is not going to make a difference when he's talking about pulling 260-270k when sim says he should be doing 320k.

I think he's concerned about how to get better.  His parse on that fight was 90% which is pretty good.  There's a large gap on the Ursoc in the middle of the fight, and I'd guess he got focused then and was running.   From his numbers, I'd guess he'd be closer to 93-96% uptime if he hadn't been focused.   I know the guild I was raiding with before some drama occurred, the top hunter was parsing in the mid 90s consistently, but it was really apparent on the Ursoc fight the impact to his DPS and uptime when he was had to run because he was focused by Ursoc.

For Ursoc, I'm spec'ing MoC, because it's a fire and forget.  I had several instances where barrage got interrupted by a charge, or running from a charge since that's pretty much the only shot that could be used there, and that's a big dps loss

32 minutes ago, Eyeroll said:

Did you look at the log specifically for his toon?

Can't at work unfortunately. Since he's not using food(cheap) I assumed he wasn't using expensive DG's, flasks, or anything. Considering food is the cheapest buff to purchase.

I think MoC is better for Ursoc/Neth as well.