FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shine

Need some help with stream

Hi

So, in the past I've been able to stream Hearthstone on twitch using OBS, this came with some minor lag but no issues for the rest.

Since then I installed Windows 10 (and installed a GeForce GTX 960 and 16gb ram)  and had to reinstall everything.

In the mean time I switched to playing Overwatch and just now I wanted to start streaming that.

So I installed OBS again, put in the twitch key and messed around with some minor settings. and it works. Seems fine from my end and all is ok. Game not lagging, stream not lagging, no issues with sound or anything, for about 1 - 2 mins.

Then somehow my WiFi is suddenly disconnected, throwing me out of Overwatch and discord while OBS starts reconnecting (which it succeeds in because the WiFi reconnects again quickly).

I tried WoW too but same issue, whenever I start streaming it's only a matter of time before I disconnect again.

Now I am not much of an expert on these matters so I figure I'd try the good people of Icy Veins.

Does anyone know if/how this can be resolved.

Does lowering game settings help? (I'm running pretty hd) Does messing with some more OBS settings help? anything I can do to stabilize it?

Hope to hear from ya.

Shine

Edited by Shine
typo's

Only just saw this, my bad. The fact that it works for a bit does hint at a problem outside of your usual "lower the settings, fix it". I assume everything works fine with other programs outside of OBS? Could it be a hardware issue maybe?

hey,

thanks for your reply and just like you sorry it took me so long to reply myself.

Since I'm fairly new to this I am not sure if it is indeed a hardware problem. so I'm just going to give you some info (limited as it is)

first off, I bought the parts for this PC back in 2011. Back then it was a total of 785 euros and it was a dream PC back then.

I am not entirely sure what parts I bought exactly what I do know is that the motherboard+CPU are still the same from back then.

like I mentioned in my original post I put in a geforce GTX 960 and 16GB RAM recently. I also replaced the Power supply with a new one (the guy at the store told me it's the exact same as the one that was originally in it 5 years ago).

it might be worth noting I use a USB to connect wireless to my internet.

If there is any way I can easily look up the info needed, feel free to let me know. Might running a cable to my PC help?

and just to support your assumption, yes everything works fine outside of OBS.

hope this helps some.

Edited by Shine

I know you must be busy in general, Im still bumping this tho ^^

anything can be done? any other programs than OBS that will suffice are also ok.

Edited by Shine