FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Alean

Gearing help for a frost mage.

Here's the link to my armory: http://us.battle.net...erinus/advanced

I only have access to lfr gear currently(no time to raid) and have 3 out of 4 pieces of tier 15 but after weeks, if not months cant seem to get the 4th one. Is it worth it to break it up and use the 2 set bonuses on two diffrent tiers cause honestly the tier 15 bonus seems very weak and i love my 1.5 min CD icy veins :x I might get a shot at some raiding soon tho so wanna be geared the best way possible before entering normal ToT.

Edited by Alean

Depending on exact items, the answer would differ.

Could you please give me a list about what items you could equip exactly? In general tho, you should mix the bonuses, but I would like to go more in depth.

Additionally, I would strongly suggest you to get premium for askmrrobot.com. It is very cheap and has a function called "Best in Bags", which will tell you the best possible gear choices slot by slot and what gemming and enchanting would be the most suitable for your character.

• Like 1

I have the hands legs and chest piece of tier 15, checked out the premium for mrrobot seems really great but is it really accurate?

I have the hands legs and chest piece of tier 15, checked out the premium for mrrobot seems really great but is it really accurate?

And what do you want to replace? t14 set items in the same slot? are they upgraded or anything?

Yes, it is really accurate for single target fights.

Yes, it is really accurate for single target fights.

I haven't found Ask Mr. Robot to be very accurate in recommending BiS. For example, here is my mage: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Blackmagia/simple

I have the Signet of the Shado-Pan Assault ring. It has Crit and Haste stats. Ask Mr. Robot says Jin'rokh's Dreamshard is the BiS 522. It has Crit and Hit. I'm easily hit capped already, so why would I want more hit?

While we're on the subject of gearing, why does so much of the Shado-Pan Assault stuff have Mastery? Maybe that's really a question for Blizzard... Even when I look at the stat priority for fire mage, mastery is last. Why should I spend my valor points on equipment that has Hit and Mastery (when I'm already hit capped)? It seems more reasonable for me to upgrade some 522 equipment that has Crit and Haste.

Edited by Blackmagia

I am pretty sure, that AMR would do something about that lost haste. You might get more haste from a chest piece (for example), but you loose hit rating which you have to get back from an item.

Blizz want us to play arcane :PPP

Buying VP item again, depends. if you are replacing T14 items with it, they will be better due to the massive intellect upgrade.

• Like 2

Exactly as Oltier said. It's about the sum of the parts not the individual pieces. Trust AMR they are almost always correct Posted Image .

As for Mastery on items, for Fire (at heroic gear levels) Mastery surpasses Haste after the 5036 Haste breakpoint. It would be impossible for Blizz to appease every class on gear since all the classes have different stat priorities.