FORUMS

Is this a hard boss ? for me the only challenge in this fight is Berserk which is 4 minutes. This is considered a short period of time. I did it normal yesterday and half the dps was more then 300k. Nothing important for healers except Dispel and keep them alive plz ;).

5 hours ago, Abohassan said:

Is this a hard boss ? for me the only challenge in this fight is Berserk which is 4 minutes. This is considered a short period of time. I did it normal yesterday and half the dps was more then 300k. Nothing important for healers except Dispel and keep them alive plz ;)

It doesn't seem particularly hard, no. I imagine/hope Mythic will be a big step up.

20 hours ago, Abohassan said:

Is this a hard boss ? for me the only challenge in this fight is Berserk which is 4 minutes. This is considered a short period of time. I did it normal yesterday and half the dps was more then 300k. Nothing important for healers except Dispel and keep them alive plz ;).

The Berserk timer was changed to 5 min (definitely for HC, I don't know about Normal).

There was some kind of bug (or bad tooltip) for his roaring leap; it said that he'd target the largest clump of players so we had a stack point for melee after every leap (that way tanks didn't have to try to turn him around after he came from the ranged group behind them.

However this never worked, he jumped at the ranged group every time. On a hunch, I told the melee to spread out behind him as much as they could and voila...melee every time. I think it's reversed to hit the -smallest- clump of players.

Guest Táñk

yeah we have melee stacking and range spread he keeps going onto range and not the melee

6 hours ago, Blainie said:

I do wonder if that's a bug or WAI. Will see if we can add a note about it anyway, thanks!

Well, I looked at our Replays from Normal tries and N&HC kills and it seems like Guarm leaps at the players that are closest to each other.

What I mean: if you have 2 ranged standing 3 yards apart and 5 melee standing 5 yards apart, sometimes (many times?) he'll leap to ranged - to players that are closer to each other.

When we sorted out the /range, forcing ranged to be always spread at least 10 yards apart, while melee were stacked on each other in two groups left and right of the boss, we never had this leaping problem again.

I think that on this fight ranged have to use /range 10 because many times "I'm sure I wasn't near other people" is not exactly so when looking into Replays.

After 5 minutes on normal Guarm enrage with really solid charge and can wipe whole raid at once. I made video from kill with my guild. Check it and if you have any suggestion don't hesitate to comment video or just PM me :)

Edited by blacktea

On 16.11.2016 at 1:19 PM, MrEdren said:

He most certainly does have a hard enrage in Normal.  Looked like 5 mins.

Looks like it is included in the guide as an all-difficulties enrage, yeah.

On 18.11.2016 at 3:35 PM, blacktea said:

After 5 minutes on normal Guarm enrage with really solid charge and can wipe whole raid at once. I made video from kill with my guild. Check it and if you have any suggestion don't hesitate to comment video or just PM me :)

Thanks for sharing the video! Hopefully it can help some people :)