FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nodotnowin

Lei Shen 10 man Heroic

Hello,

We've been progressing in Lei Shen heroic (10) for the past couple of weeks and we find ourselves with a lot of problems on transitions, especially the first (we haven't been to the second a lot of times). The "normal" phases are pretty much dealt with for us, we rarely wipe outside of transitions. We got to the last phase twice and the last time we got there, with a healer and 2 dpsers dead, we got the boss to 14%, so we're pretty sure that if we can get 2-3 more times to the third phase with everyone alive, we will kill it. But the problem lies in getting to the last phase. Our comp is:

Tanks: Pala, Druid

Healers: Disc, Shaman

DPS: Monk, Fury warrior, Warlock, Shadow, Balance and Hunter

We can have a holy pala or a blood dk (he can play both chars), another shadow priest and maybe a mage (he isn't very reliable).

For the first transition, we are deactivating the static shock platform and going static->diffusion->overcharge->bouncing during the first phase. We assign the quadrants as such:

1. Guardian + Hunter

2. Prot Pala + WW monk

3. Shaman + Balance + Shadow

4. Warlock + Warrior + Disc

Most of our wipes have come from the 4th group, where the disc is having trouble keeping the others up for example when theres helm of command and either the warrior or the priest gets static shock.

For the second transition, during the second phase, we are going diffusion chain level up + high energy-> overcharge level up -> bouncing balls. We handle the transition like this:

1. Resto Shaman + Shadow + Hunter

2. Disc + Monk + Warlock + Warrior

3. Tanks + Balance

We were gonna try to change the hunter with the monk after one of the wipes on the second transition, but we didn't get there afterwards. The wipes were mostly coming from the second group, where the disc was having problems healing the damage from the diffusion adds.

I only have the logs of 5 tries today, 'cause I dced and forgot to turn on combatlog again but here they are if it helps:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8v0wjyscg38qhum5/ (I think tries 1,3,4 are first transition and 2,5 are second transition)

Morale is getting dangerously low for the amount of first transition wipes, any advice is welcome!

Edited by Nodotnowin

as disc when youre stuck by yourself with no hostiles around, divine star is amazing.

i also think mindbender is overrated and From Darkness, Comes Light is underrated. free, INSTANT flash heals are awesome.

although i am a ways away from getting to lei shen h.

Lei Shen is a transition phase fight. Win the transitions, win the fight. All you gotta do to win is win both transitions. P3 falls in your lap if your team is coordinated enough to not stack up.

If you're losing people because your Disc Priest can't keep people up, I'm more concerned for the Priest. But, we can work around that.

One one platform, you need to put your Warlock, Hunter, and Resto Shaman together. The Warlock and Hunter can solo Static Shock with ease (Dark Bargain + Deterrence). If your Warlock complains, tell him to use Dark Bargain, then immediately use Twilight Ward. Static Shock should hit for about 700-800k, DB will reduce it to 400k over 8 seconds, or 50k ticks. TW will eat 2 of those and he can use a Healthstone along with the Shaman healing to heal up. If the Hunter gets Static Shock, he uses Deterrence. If Shaman gets it, he uses his Spirit Link Totem while Hunter and Warlock stack with him and pop any soft CDs. Shaman MUST get everyone topped off. If you have an add anywhere near you during this, have the Warlock use Shadowfury, Axe Toss, or Carrion Swarm to get the add away (he is playing Demonology, right?).

Whatever platform you put the Hunter + Warlock + RSham on, divide the tanks up to 1 per adjacent platform. Your Protection Paladin and Shadow Priest should be on one platform. Both can solo Static Shock and can easily survive Helm of Command. Have your Spriest do some off-healing if needed since DPS in this phase is utterly worthless.

On the other tank platform, put your Guardian and Boomkin. I might be wrong, but don't Boomkins get Deterrence when giving Hunters Symbiosis? Now your Boomkin can solo a Static Shock while also using his Heart of the Wild to do ample off-healing if needed. Both will have Stampede as well and can be used in a pinch if you get, say, Helm on one Druid and two Bouncing Bolts. RNG is a bitch, but you gotta deal with it.

That leaves your Disc Priest, Warrior, and Monk on the last platform. If the Priest uses Body and Soul, Helm is completely negated by Leap, Roll, and PW:Shield. You also would have a Disc Barrier, Rallying Cry, and whatever Monks bring to keep themselves alive. Healthstones should be used by EVERYONE during periods of damage time. If needed, Warlock can drop another Soulwell at any point, preferably somewhere during P2.

This separates your tanks to pick up adds easily, provides a spreading of the people who can solo Static Shock, and divides up your healers and off-healers. The ONE thing to remember during the transitions is if nothing is happening on your platform, someone else is having the time of their life trying to deal with all the bullshit on their platform. Since you're 2 healing, DPS requirement to handle each phase should be minimal, and Phase 3 will be over in a heartbeat.

For Phase 3, LITERALLY the only thing you need to know is keep 3 people out of melee range when the Ball Lightning comes and NO ONE STAND BESIDE ANYONE EVER. If you spawn more than one Diffusion add, you're destroying yourself with stupidity. Bloodlust immediately going into P3. Prioritize adds until boss hits 8%. When boss is at 8%, wait for the next Thunderstruck, move him away from it, and burn him. Pop all remaining healing and defensive CDs and just wail on him.

You are indeed wrong Zagam, restos get the Deterrance. On the other hand, I easily soak one static shock with Barkskin and Unending Resolve. I understand why you suggest having the shadow priest with one tank and the balance (in this case, me) with the other, but what about the second static shock that neither of us can handle by ourselves?

2nd Static Shock? That'd be REALLY crappy RNG. I don't think we ever saw two Static Shocks on the same platform. I think there are what, 3 per intermission? Odds of getting 2 on the same platform are REALLY bad. If both Druids got 2 Static Shocks, they each can battle res the other one...lol

As for Boomkins, just use Unending Resolve then. Problem solved. The whole fight is having people maximize their defensives, move collectively, and coordinate during the intermissions. Phase 1, 2, and 3 are child's play. We had 3 people on each platform and a Brewmaster solo his platform. People alone on a platform don't get Static Shock, so that eliminated that. The only bad part of this strategy was sometimes him getting two bouncing bolts. Problem was resolved by not giving a shit about one add spawning, him taking care of the 2nd, and cleaning up all the adds during the first Ball Lightning in P2. We've had incredibly messy transitions where no one died because LOLAOE of a Warlock + Tank with vengeance + Elemental Shaman. Just gotta have people have 3 yards between them so Ball Lightning doesn't clip anyone.

I don't have much to add to what Zagam said other than, Druids can indeed solo pretty much all of the transition mechanics as long as they don't get a bad rng chains of like 3 things.

I do first transition with just myself (blood dk) and a feral druid. I stack in static shocks anyways if I can because, lol that barely even touches my HP, but the druid can easily go bear form pop a cooldown and solo a static shock, cast a couple heals, then jump right into a boncing blue ball, and then if we have bad rng take another static shock as long as I am definitely stacked with her for that one. The only time our feral druid has ever died in a transition is when she got hit with helm of command, a bouncing blue ball, and a static shock all back to back to back.

However oddly enough we have a very similar problem. our north and south quadrants are both 1 tank and 1 dps, and both are basically flawless, but we have tons of problems coming from our two quadrants that each have a healer and 2 dps. Most of the time it's people getting ganked by a static shock, sometimes it's adds, but it's always coming from the platforms that have more people so you'd think they should be easier.

2nd transition seems to be a lot easier though. we've only gotten there with everyone alive once, but we all got into phase 3 still alive. I'm pretty sure by the end of this week we'll kill Lei Shen as long as we can get to phase three 4-5 times.

Edited by Storm

i dont really understand the 3 non tank per quad strat. if you have 2 raiders at each quad and give the less survivable quads a tank, or even just let tanks roam, you have even odds on all platforms, but with 3 raiders on a plat they have triple chance of an ability vs the 1 raider one tank platforms.

The three team should always be 2 DPS and a healer. The three of them can soak a Static Shock without CDs if topped off. With a CD like AMZ or Barrier, it's trivial. With this combination, having a Diffusion add is no problem as the two DPS can burn it down while the healer keeps them all topped off. 3 people allows for easy platform coverage for Bouncing Bolts, and Overcharge is child's play to deal with. Where's the issue?

You don't just "roam" because Overcharge in a bad place is a wipe. Also, you don't "roam" because of Helm of Command picking random targets. Have you even seen the fight on heroic?