Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saskov

dps help Ret Pally, help for a better DPS

16 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm new here in Icy Forums but always checked the site for information, you guys do an awesome job. I'm dpsing in Legion as a Ret Pally and I'm having a little issues with dps constancy. I can easily do a burst of 300k in one target fight, but when I look overall my dps is always near 190k. I will put some info to see if you guys could help me to see what I'm doing wrong.

if AoE:  Wake of AshesWake of Ashes - Divine StormDivine Storm - Crusader StrikeCrusader Strike - Divine StormDivine Storm - Blade of JusticeBlade of Justice - 

Divine StormDivine Storm - Crusader StrikeCrusader Strike

Single Target: Blade of JusticeBlade of Justice - Crusader StrikeCrusader Strike - Templar's VerdictTemplar's Verdict or Justicar's VengeanceJusticar's Vengeance when low life Wake of AshesWake of Ashes to fill Blade of Justice cd

Really don't know what I can do to improve it, I had a complete revamp of stats (I was advised to focus Haste till 22% > Crit = Vers > Mastery)
I thank you guys since now.

Edited by Saskov

I THINK ur mastery and critical are very low instead of ur big haste 

u run sharrd and max the haste more so u have atk speed but no dmg , this is the problem
check me http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Illuvagor/simple 
yes I have much better legendary for pve dmg but u have the survivability to make more with your movement speed 
I believe if you sattyr your neck and ur rings and back with critical enchats u will do more dmg than I do at total 
believe me 22% of haste its a lot and enough with 22% haste I can run easily old war and crit food for better dps 

Hey saskov I'm not the best ret pally ever but I would like to help you as best I can. I notice that you seem to use JV alot. it really isnt worth it it only deals slightly more than TV and costs 2 HP more personally i use eye for an eye for more survivability. you also seem to cast JV and TV without the bosses having judgement on them this seems to be a big problem for you as on nythendra you cast 16 TV and 6 jV without judgement on her. other than that maybe replace chrono shard with either the horn or FCM because your haste is a little above the recomended.

I hope this helped

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, barypally said:

Hey saskov I'm not the best ret pally ever but I would like to help you as best I can. I notice that you seem to use JV alot. it really isnt worth it it only deals slightly more than TV and costs 2 HP more personally i use eye for an eye for more survivability. you also seem to cast JV and TV without the bosses having judgement on them this seems to be a big problem for you as on nythendra you cast 16 TV and 6 jV without judgement on her. other than that maybe replace chrono shard with either the horn or FCM because your haste is a little above the recomended.

I hope this helped

Hey bro, thank you for the tips! Will try to assimilate those advices in my rotation, I'm really having a bad time to control the Judgement buff due to long cd of the skill. Do you think putting Weak for Judgment availability? Thank you again!

I suggest you set up a Progressive texture aura for judgement this would give you a visual que on when judgement runs out

1 person likes this

couple things, 

bary is 100% correct, for raiding it's wise to use JV, not even once. i wouldn't even bother with taking it as a talent. your job as ret is to dps, let the healers do their job and heal you. it's a total waste of holy power. and dont hang on to your wake of ashes! pop it as much as you can!

i also noticed you're not gemmed or enchanted. 200 str in your current gloves would go a long way. maybe bump up your crit by a full 1% with cheap ring enchants while you're at it. now for the bigger boosts - i suggest getting mark of the hidden satyr on your neck and using fireball food(i can provide a name for the food later). that should give you an instant 6%(ish) more overall damage

if you've got some gold to spare i can help you "reforge" a bit if you want better substats (crit, haste, vers, etc), just let me know

as far as your rotation goes, i think you're fine. the only thing i can recommend (because people don't realize it) is to incorporate arcane torrent once or twice when you have some down time if any. for me i pop shield of vengeance when i have it, every little bit counts

Edited by Brutal
wake of ashes cd
2 people like this

justicars vengence if your using that tends to be a dps loss esp on boss fights the big use of that comes from pvp where you can stun your better off with something else like ye for an eye. i also noticed your mastery is pretty low i have mine around 38% at the moment and my haste at 20% also if you can get it you'll defiantly want the faulty counter measure that with crusade works great ive gotten up to a 900k burst on pulls with lust 720k on pulls without over all DPS is usually around 350-390k

Edited by Lamuria
clarification
1 person likes this

Hey guys, read all the messages.  Lamuria, if you mean Blinding LightBlinding Light I try to include in the rotation when I have some time up. Tried Zeal today, but still prefer CS because of the faster cooldown. What you guys think about hat? I'll try to rebalance my stats reforging, never researched about it, thanks for the tips. I'll really try to incorporate those tips this week, I think next week I'll have some results to share with you, thank you again guys, you're awesome.

QUICK EDIT: I was reading about and: wasn't reforge removed in Draenor?

Edited by Saskov
1 person likes this

hey saskov 

personally i use fires of justice over zeal for the same reason i like the faster cooldown so i have less downtime however ive never simed with zeal i will try to when i get the chance anyone else know what kind of dps loss if any you get for chosing zeal?

Just now, barypally said:

hey saskov 

personally i use fires of justice over zeal for the same reason i like the faster cooldown so i have less downtime however ive never simed with zeal i will try to when i get the chance anyone else know what kind of dps loss if any you get for chosing zeal?

Hey, I simed it, and had a lost of 30k DPS overall. Dropped from 359k to 339k(according to my ilvl stats and scales)

1 person likes this

ok so to increase dps on fights like elereth and ilgonoth maybe you should retalent into zeal for the extra cleave but depending on how much gold you have to spend on tomes it may not be worth it unless you have a warlock in your raid to resummon you when you hearth out

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Saskov said:

Hey guys, read all the messages.  Lamuria, if you mean Blinding LightBlinding Light I try to include in the rotation when I have some time up. Tried Zeal today, but still prefer CS because of the faster cooldown. What you guys think about hat? I'll try to rebalance my stats reforging, never researched about it, thanks for the tips. I'll really try to incorporate those tips this week, I think next week I'll have some results to share with you, thank you again guys, you're awesome.

QUICK EDIT: I was reading about and: wasn't reforge removed in Draenor?

Indeed it was removed, but i put quotation marks because you can grab crafted gear with the proper stats and boost them with obliterum. sometimes that can be the best choice. in his case, he has gear thats is less than or equal to the max ilvl of crafted gear. which on turn would give him the proper substats AND more str/stam.

5 hours ago, barypally said:

ok so to increase dps on fights like elereth and ilgonoth maybe you should retalent into zeal for the extra cleave but depending on how much gold you have to spend on tomes it may not be worth it unless you have a warlock in your raid to resummon you when you hearth out

yes that is correct, but if you do run short on gold, just keep zeal. its only a 10k or so difference and really only boils down to your haste whether you'll have downtime with it

Hey saskov just wondering if the changes have helped with your dps and by how much

right i had a read of this post, and made an account with icy veins just so i could reply. cos i could straight away see why your DPS was low. you pop crusader THEN judge! MASSIVE lose. why? because whilst judgement is up you need to spend holy power and the only way to do that is to use TV! pull on fights should be as follows:

pre-pot>wings>ashes>JUDGE>tv>cs>tv>blade>cs>judge>tv then keep rotating as follows. always make sure you never use ashes if you havent got judge off CD, you have to utilise your holy spenders AFTER you;ve judged. im pretty sure you get 10 sec before it runs out and you have to use it again. if you are popping blood lust, you will probably be able to get another cs>blade>tv rotation is before you are having to do another judge, always always prioritise your holy builders before you judge, its a total waste of dps, and also vice verse. never use holy spenders if you have no judgement buff up on the boss/adds. takes a little practice but once you have it you'll remember it and then you can start mixing in other spells/abilities/pots/cds.

good luck and have fun

Édéá - Kazzak

PS. also f**k sims off. it makes no difference in you as a player, they take into consideration perfect timing with the best gear. its a load of bollox! go with what feels right to you.

GL

Edited by robemhood

You should do VoW Mythic (+) endlessly until you have Faulty Countermeasure.