10 posts in this topic

I hereby present you with the truth of the Bash Barbarian.                Email me any questions regarding D3, not my own snake or my GF's nudes.

On: danhibikisan@gmail.com           (For Gear details see video below)

Yes, YOU can clear GR70 and more with a Bash Barbarian, 3 25+ gems and NO augments without too much of a hassle.

"But I tried and I failed, HOW DID YOU DO IT?!"  You might ask.

Well Timmy, this is it:

Gear wise, the stuff you need, although in my video you will notice that I did not even have the best stuff YET, so it is not a big thing until later. Hence this is a good build considering the "lack" of good gear "needed" versus high GR clearance.

I found that the most important thing is survival, because I solely play on Hardcore and yes, much like a boss.

I have a GF, a job, studies, two snakes and a big interest in real instruments like the electric guitar or the piano, notice how I mentioned "real". Why is this important to notice? Not the instruments Timmy, but my other hobbies? (GF included)

It is important because I do not have all the time in the world, I do not find any joy in "grinding" stuff out or doing "cookie-cutter" builds that everyone does because everyone does them.

TLDR: (Still quite long mind you[but packed with more info per word{this is how you use all these btw}])

How: You need large packs of monsters *shocker*, preferably large monsters because they give more progress, the more "small" monsters you attract the longer you should wait to engage until you have found a sufficient amount of large monsters or non-flighty elites. This depends on your map-layout: if it has labyrinth-style layout simply run to next map asap and only stop if you encounter a clutter of elite packs; The type of monsters also the decision to train them or if skelesnores, discard them, if phantasm (where the f*** did my 10 elite pack go) and similar stuff.

WHY: You will GIBB small monsters in groups, this is bad because it gives little progress and a lot of big leftovers, this is why you want the many small monsters in groups with as many big monsters/elites as you can find since Battle Rage: Bloodshed has the possibility of killing the tough guys almost as fast as a hundred spiderlings on one pixel.

IF: The big guys/elites don't die in the first gathering of trained mobs, just keep training them, unless they are melting to your damage it is more effecient to keep stacking pack after pack until you can almost gibb those pesky porkchoppers, just be careful with effect-stacking elites like...

LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!LAZERS!

lasers.jpg

Edited by ChuckAlgren
Avoiding unnecessary questions by adding additional info

Why wouldn't you use LoN for this? In which case, this just becomes the standard LoN generator build. LoN provides far more damage increase than the IK set.

20 hours ago, Blainie said:

Why wouldn't you use LoN for this? In which case, this just becomes the standard LoN generator build. LoN provides far more damage increase than the IK set.

It is a good question, my reasons for not going LON (which I tried out) was because i found it too low on toughness as well as too similar to the LON + Thorns build which most barbarians go with instead of the even more common leap-quake.

I also enjoy the constant super high toughness instead of having to "time it" like you do with the LoN build, plus LON + thorns generally focus only on elites. I have never even been close to dying yet which makes it an "easy 70GR" build for those wanting to reach that number with a less common setup.

TLDR: It is a not commonly used, constant high toughness - tank build that does not demand as much as the LON build or feel as cookie-cutting to play. Now, you might need LoN or something else to break GR80, but so far my Bashbarb holds up.

1 person likes this

Thanks for going through your thought processes! :)

Very nice!

I like the idea of not going mainstream LoN Thorns.

gj! :)

On 11/25/2016 at 5:15 PM, ch1zra said:

mainstream

HE DID IT BEFORE IT WAS COOL, OK?

On 11/29/2016 at 7:52 PM, ch1zra said:

hipster cat with zerked barb overlay.

I'm proud of your ingenuity. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cabony
      Our guild <Do it For Practice> is looking for a possible merge. We have been clearing content since release but hit a roadblock lately. We easily have the capacity to clear hard content, but we are just lacking a serious amount of players. This leads to other players leaving because of lack of players and the vicious cycle continues.
      The people in our guild are all extremely friendly and willing to help each other out. This is what kept our guild alive for this long, the base core is really strong. Having to pug players for mythic raids has just become a real big issue because it leads to a lot of time lost while all we want to do is just progress through hard content.
      Currently we are basically in need of a big amount of dps players, could make room for a tank and some healers if necessary.  The people we do have are all extremely geared. The average item level of our raiders is 880.
      The only way I see this problem solved is by simply merging with another guild that is experiencing the same kind of issues.
      We are an 18+ guild, most of us are 20+.
      We are open to many ideas, just talk to me about it.
      Prefer if you add me on real id, Matthijs #2267 or otherwise in-game, Cabony.
      Thank you for reading.
    • By Cabony
      Hello guys, Do it For Practice is recruiting on Stormscale EU, Horde side.
      We killed Nythendra, Ursoc and Elrethe on mythic and trials of valor heroic odyn and guarm.  Our next goals are the dragons and eye mythic.
      The current raiding days are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7-11 server time. Besides normal raids we also have regular mythic+ groups going.
      The age requirement is 18+. Most of us are 20+ currently, I am 26 myself.
      We use the RC Lootcouncil addon for our loot distribution, so we can gear our players as well as possible and let the least amount of loot go to waste. We strive by the philosophy of making the entire guild stronger as a whole, not just some players. This is so we can have the strongest group possible to continue progressing trough mythic content.
      I am sure the players we currently have are more than capable of clearing most mythic content currently out. We just need some more players to help us in achieving our goals.
      We are currently looking for some dps in the form of, but not limited to: Shadow Priests, A Hunter,  WW Monk, Warlock or Warrior. Having more than one playable spec is extremely valuable here!
      Please be at least 865+ before you apply, we are past the point of progressing trough easy content. You need to be able to hold your own. However we do have a social rank, if your friends wish to join us as well!
      Interested?
      Add Matthijs#2267, IGN = Cabony
    • By maviebris
      Hey everyone. I'm worried that my time invested in BM is for not. However, with the changes coming to MM, my thoughts are that BM may still be a viable raiding spec. I enjoy BM because of its freedom of movement.  A dead hunter does no damage, and that my motto. With that being said, I want to be sure I'm maximising my damage output. I'm currently waiting on some drops, namely trinkets, which I've been incredibly unlucky with, but other than that, I'm geming for mastery, and enchanting agi where needed. Currently, in raids, with flasks and potions, I've been ranging in dps from about 265-310, depending on the fight.  Given my gear, I feel like I should be doing more. I'm unsure if I'm hitting a ceiling with BM, or if it is something I'm doing wrong. I've been following the standard rotation posted on icy-veins, and even under normalized conditions on training dummies (no flasks etc...), under 2-3 min rotations, I've been peaking at around 270k dps. Any thoughts on this?

Here is a link to my armory. 
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eldrethalas/Maviebris/simple

• By Xanah
      Guild: Dawn of the Dead | http://www.dotd.org   Faction: Horde | Server: Zul'jin (PvE) | Timezone: EST   Current Progression: 4/7M Emerald Nightmare   We've been raiding max size raids continuously since WoW has been released and are the only guild to have done so here on Zul'jin. We have strong leadership, no drama, and plans to keep raiding for years to come. Unlike many guilds, we're not recruiting for the short term, and we don't over-recruit.   Website: www.dotd.org   Raid Times: Our schedule is 8-11 EST Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.   Needs: We are a small guild, and we expect high attendance. As such, we recruit people to raid, and desire people who can step in and contribute immediately. We don’t recruit people to sit around, so all spots are for raiders who can expect to be in most every raid.   We are currently looking to add skilled and reliable:   2-3 Melee DPS
      High: Enhancement Shaman
      Low: WW Monk, DH
      3-4 Ranged DPS
      High: Hunter, Shadow Priest
      Low: Elemental Shaman, Balance Druid
      1 Healer
      High: Disc Priest, Resto Shaman, Holy Paladin
        ALL exceptional applicants will be considered regardless of the class.   What we ask of you:   Effort: Not all applicants come from highly progressed guilds, and that’s okay, but it does mean that you need to be prepared. We recruit the player, not the gear, but we do ask that you have some current experience and be a minimum iLvl of 725. You need to have the best gear available to you, (BoE, Crafted) with gems and top end enchants. You also need to be able to display an understanding of your class mechanics, role in a raid, and ability to learn new fights.   Attitude: It’s a game. We play for fun. How you fit in with the guild is taken very seriously. We’re a bunch of mostly 18-30 guys and girls who have fun playing together. While we have a good time, we also know when it’s time to buckle down and work hard.   Skill: The best way to determine skill is to see you in a raid. Because we don’t wish to have anyone transfer that we’re not serious about, be able to express your knowledge of your class and why you’re an exceptional player who would be an asset and is worth a shot. Gear will come with time. Skill will not. Impress us with your knowledge of your class and gameplay mechanics. Feel free to share any logs, theorycrafting, or other work you've done.   Commitment: We make a commitment to you, and ask you to do the same to us. A raid takes a team of more than 20 individuals working together. We rely on you to show up to raids, research your class and new fights, respect your fellow players, and notify us when you are unavailable. You rely on us for gear, experience, and coordination. It's a large investment of our time to train and gear new players, and we ask the same investment on your part so that we can each benefit.   We have a variety of informational resources available to prospective applicants on our web site: http://www.dotd.org-- please refer to our "Applications" forum for detailed information. Also feel free to visit us on WoWProgresss for more information and kill videos! http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...wn+of+the+Dead   Should you wish to speak to someone in-game, please don't hesitate to reach out to an officer directly, whisper Xanah (Xana#1662), Taladros (Rallion#11635) or Jeare (Jeare#1759).   We look forward to hearing from you soon!  
    • By Slaying
      Are you a competitive player looking to be part of the uprising of a hardcore PVE guild?
      The guild is located on Tarren Mill. 
      I'm currently looking for very ambitious players to become part of a fresh team, who hunger for progress. 
      Listed, is a few requirements.
      Your thirst for progression knows no bounds, raiding 5 days a week during progress sounds natural and is a must if you want to be among the top players. Wiping only gives you motivation to try even harder, you don't care that your repair bill is getting close to 5 digits. Even though you spend a lot of time mastering your own class and role, you realize that it's useless without proper teamwork. You believe that skill can be taught, but your loyalty and persistence is what makes you stand out from the rest. You can't believe that some people actually have the nerve to show up late to raids, logging in 30 minutes prior to make sure that everything is in order, flasks, food, augment runes and potions, is something that you take for granted. You're at least 18 years old. Things that will give you an even higher chance to make the cut.
      You have previous experience of high tier raiding, anything from an early clear of ICC10HC to a Cutting Edge achievement is a good indication that you have ambitions. Your gear is top of the line, the other 95% of the players receives a minor reality complex when you apply to their groups. You're a social fella, besides raiding, you want to be in a guild for the sake of a community, why do dungeons with randoms when you have a bunch of guildies online? If you feel like I've just described you, please don't hesitate to drop your BattleTag here and I'll contact you! 
      (Our raidtimes are scheduled to be Sunday->Thursday 19.00->00.00 Server-Time during progress and 3 days per week during farm, so everyone gets some space to breathe.)