Zadina

hearthstone The Rest of This Week's Revealed Neutral Cards Are Here!

10 posts in this topic

STSUQQC2RDBJ1478134163971.jpg

Today, we are taking a look at Hired Gun, Worgen Greaser, Blowgill Sniper, Grook Fu Master, Backroom Bouncer, Dopplegangster, Dirty Rat and Auctionmaster Beardo.

There were several card reveals the past week and it's been slightly difficult keeping up with them, so apologies for the slight delay! I've done a bit of research for the cards I am about to present and hopefully this article has as good insight as L0rinda's articles.

So, we begin the rest of the past week's card reveals with the remaining neutral cards.

17i4qLM.png

Most of these cards are pretty uninteresting, filler cards that won't make much of an impact. Hired Gun isn't as bad as it looks, but it still remains a mediocre card. Blowgill Sniper is a better Elven Archer and it also belongs to the Murloc Tribe. However, it's hard to see it fit even into a Murloc deck with Bluegill Warrior being on the same mana tier.

The following two cards have gathered a lot of positive attention from professional Hearthstone players, streamers and the general community.

oJx6Cvl.png

Doppelgangster was revealed by TrumpSC. This card can work extremely well with the Grimy Goons theme of buffing cards in your hand. Even a single +1/+1 buff will make this card produce three 3/3s and this is quite powerful at 5 mana. Combined with the fact that Doppelgangster also synergises with Brann Bronzebeard, this card can prove devastating in the hands of one of the Grimy Goons classes (Warrior, Hunter, Paladin). Rogue, with the additional help of class cards like Shadowstep or Shadowcaster, can produce some entertaining results as well.

Dirty Rat was revealed by Hearthpwn; it is definitely an interesting card and it grabbed the community's attention. According to Ben Brode, Chris Metzen came up with the name and flavour of this card - one of the last projects he worked on before retiring from Blizzard. Dirty Rat is reminiscent of Deathlord, with the difference that it has a Battlecry and not a Deathrattle, while the Rat also pulls from the hand not the entire deck. It can be an excellent tech card against both aggro and control decks. Personally, I am not a fan of cards with such a big random factor and I think it's being overestimated a bit, especially against control decks where it can also have a negative effect by pulling cards like Tirion Fordring.

CPIvEoU.png

Lastly, we have our neutral legendary card, Auctionmaster Beardo, which was leaked by Disguised Toast. Even though it is a legendary card and its stats are decent, it's not that exciting and it is hard to see this card seeing play in general.

The previously revealed Mean Streets of Gadgetzan neutral cards can be found here. As always, your feedback and comments are welcome!

2 people like this

By the looks of it, next "Year" is going to be the start of a crazy meta. It's kind of like the US elections, I can't wait for everything to be out and over with but at the same time I am slightly afraid of the results. 

Doppelgangster looks cool with Sword of Justice.
Auctionmaster Beardo will improve consistency of Majordomo mage, though not by a significant margin.

@KingMeBut will there be liberal tears at the end? :D

1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

@KingMeBut will there be liberal tears at the end? :D

It's Hearthstone, There will always be tears at the end. xD lol

2 mana 2\1 in the meta full of Maelstrom Portals and Ravaging Ghouls... No thanks.  My hope for a few good\decent 1 and 2 drops beasts\dragons\murlocs for a viable zoobot deck slowly dies.

I Love Dirty Rat concept. There are many creative ways to use it and it requires good hand reading skills to play it effectively

BTW, there are a mistake in the OP. Grimy goons = warrior\hunter\paladin. 

Dirty Rat and Dopplegangster are definitely the most interesting cards in this list and I can see both cards being very strong in specific decks too.

I can't wait for the first tournament where Dirty Rat pulls out someone's Golden Monkey. There goes the win-condition.

So, before we had 4 mana 7/7s. Now we will have 0 mana Deathwings with Dirty Rat? Nice.

I was a bit out of the circulation and missed the spoilers a bit. But it's never late to party!

I'll try to give my opinions on the spoiled cards and rate them, using this scale :

Spoiler

A : Obviously powerful, a multi-archetype staple, perhaps, a format-defining card.  (Tunnel Trogg, Fiery War Axe, Piloted Shredder);

B: A decent card, your typical "bread and butter"; archetype staple; reliable niche card (Blackwing Corruptor, Cult Sorcerer, Blood To Ichor, Acidic Swamp Ooze);

C: A mediocre or weak card that is a filler, outclassed by its peers or has a niche that's not reliable (Eater of Secrets; Stampeding Kodo;Stranglethorn Tiger; Infested Tauren);

D: It has seen play. Once. Something that's just really not great, but can occasionally make it in a meme deck, or via "get a random card" things. (Cone of Cold; Bloodsail Corsair; Starfall);

F: Striclty unplayable. It exists to brick your random effect cards. (Shatter; Wisp; Purify; Captain's Parrot).

I'm also fond of a plus and minus signs, which means that a card is does not exactly fit the definition, in good or bad ways. 

Ratings are purely subjective, and, of course, opened up to debate. But I'll try to back them up with reasonable explainations.

Vanilla Filler 

Sorry, but these are not Chillwind Yeti. These guys are going to shake up The Arena, though, like TGT did with mediocre stuff like Pit Fighter. I liked the Murloc Archer because Fair Murloc meme deck is now even more real. Just don't screw him up and make him say #OneShotOneGill. Anything else and Blizzard will lose my trust.

Dirty Rat

Rat is cool, but it's a bad kind of cool. It does remind of Deathlord, except everything good about Deathlord is missing. The drawback is there before you got your Holy Light value out, like you would have with Deathrattle. It's also common for Priests utilizing Deathlord make it so that this guy simply does not die. You can gamble and dodge the minions in starting hand, but that's a bad thing to do and will generally be frustrating for both players. Dirty Rat to me looks like an anti-Aggro card that goes so over the top it forgets what it's supposed to do. But maybe I'm all wrong and 2/6 stats prove they are that magical and Rat takes over the metagame completely. Anyways, it's nothing good coming and bad design all over.

Verdict : based on toxic design.

Doppelgangster

This is the definitive payoff card for The Grimy Goons. Anything is good enough if you triple it. I do not discount the possibility we'll have a Dark Iron Dwarf-looking 5-drop breaking the game. Again.

I have one serious flavor question, though.

"Doppel" pretty clearly means "two".

Why are there three copies? 

Verdict : A - level roleplayer.

Auctionmaster Beardo.

Even guys like Nat Pagle and Lorewalker Cho are occasionally cool. This dude impersonates Spider Tank worse than Eydis Darkbane and Fjola Lightbane. I believed it to be impossible on a Legendary card.

I was so wrong.

Verdict : F.

Another card got revealed: Warlock card, basically a 7-mana Dread Infernal that deals three damage to everything else instead of one.

Rather slow but looks workable in Handlock/Renolock.

6 hours ago, Keizoku said:

Another card got revealed: Warlock card, basically a 7-mana Dread Infernal that deals three damage to everything else instead of one.

Rather slow but looks workable in Handlock/Renolock.

Renolock for sure. Big fan of it there, a decent body, a strong clear and will always have a slot in that deck.