FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nadrui

Need some critique

Hello, I just recently started with logging and looking back on yesterday's raid I'm a bit mortified with my performance. I feel like I can do better but I'm not sure exactly how.

I will say that I was playing a bit carefully since it was my first time raiding with these people and I didn't want to muck it up so I was a bit conservative with rushes and such. Other than that, I don't feel that my performance is as good as my gear can allow, and I was wondering how far from there I am.

Here is the log link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1fHpN6PncMZRwJ89#type=damage-done&boss=-3

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Nadrui/

Though I did switch out my chest and belt, overall my stat values are the same as from the log

Hello.

I was looking a bit on your logs, and recognized some bad things going on.

First look was Nythendra kill: Momentum uptime of ~51% - this is kinda low. Try aim for a more consistent way of using Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat. You want your Momentum buff on most of the time when you use Glaive into 2-3 Chaos Strikes.

Another thing I was a bit worried about was your Resource waste. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1fHpN6PncMZRwJ89#type=resources&fight=2&source=29&spell=117
This should in the best situation be zero, on this fight around ~110 is accepted. So try to smash some more Chaos Strikes when you bank up that fury!

Another thing I did recognize, you are not using pots. Always pre-pot before boss-pull, and always use one with second meta or something. This will help you alot - the Potion of the Old War will give you ~5% dmg output.

Your Ursoc kill seems a bit better - but here you are not using Metamorphisis from start - which is a HUGE mistake. Also, I recognized you only cast 11 Annihilations - that is a way too small number. You want to look a bit on your rotation there - this should be kinda spammed in Meta form! Your crit chance is a bit small on Chaos Strikes, so fair about this. Only using 1 pot - wuut? Fury waste is alot better, same with Momentum uptime.

By looking at those fights, I really want you to get the basic rotation right, use pots, flasks, crit food, and then keep on going. Seems like you can take some basic steps and you will soon be on ~300k DPS ST.

Good luck! :-)

Thanks for the feedback! I just recently switched from prepared to demon blades so I'm feeling a bit off not having a spam skill. The amount of fury wasted was also concerning to me, but I don't have a clear picture of when that much would have been wasted. I will definitely keep a closer eye on it next time. As for the potions, I guess I'm just a bit stingy :P Will try to fix that too ^^

Regarding Annihilation, should I focus on that exclusively during meta? Like besides Glaive, just annihilation/blade dance?

On 11/15/2016 at 11:42 AM, Nadrui said:

Regarding Annihilation, should I focus on that exclusively during meta? Like besides Glaive, just annihilation/blade dance?

You should do like "Fel rush -> Glaive -> Annihilationx3 -> Fel rush -> Annihillationx4". If you spam enough, this should be possible. But yeah, your primary focus is Annihilation. Of course if there are multiple targets blade dance is maybe a fine Fury Dumper also, but I think you need 3+ targets for that to be better.

On 11/15/2016 at 11:42 AM, Nadrui said:

Thanks for the feedback! I just recently switched from prepared to demon blades so I'm feeling a bit off not having a spam skill. The amount of fury wasted was also concerning to me, but I don't have a clear picture of when that much would have been wasted. I will definitely keep a closer eye on it next time.

If you ever think like "should I use Chaos Strike or not in this situation". It's better to just do it, than not do it. Wasted Fury is never a good thing.