FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dazzery

Question about Talents in EN Mythic

Hey guys, I am wondering and testing things about GA vs Obliteration on Nythendra/Ursoc/Elerethe and also ToV Odyn. Logs say Obliteration seems strong but shouldnt GA be better with only a bit cleave? And do stats like crit change something?

It depends on your relic traits, if your 3 FS/OBLIT traits from relics obliteration is pretty good. Other wise i stick with GA.

Obliteration sims out superior on pure patchwork single target fights. If there is anything to cleave GA plays out better. However, GA also is increased by your mastery and pillar of frost helps it a lot too. In addition it hits really hard for just 1 rune and can help with FP uptime. So while, I do like obliteration GA just flows better with rotation, requires no planning, and helps prevent empty GCDs. So, in well frankly all cases, I stick with GA. 

On 11/15/2016 at 1:23 PM, Dazzery said:

so also on nythendra? feel like its hard to cleave there

on mythic you can because your teammates will get MC'd and you need to burn them down. However, your supposition is correct, on any other difficulty with nythendra or ursoc obliterate on paper plays out better. Again though it comes down to individual preference and playstyle. Obliteration requires a little bit more planning than GA fire and forget. Also there is scaling and stats. So if you check mythic ursoc logs, there is actually a fairly close split between people using GA and Obliteration. Depending on stats and such it comes down to personal taste or what is better for your specific gear setup.