FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Memnokers

Blood DK in ToV Odyn

So I dipped my toe into ToV and while i only got as far as Odyn for now I almost wanted to yell WHY at Bliz.

As far as Odyn goes the damage felt trivial until phase 3 where Stormforged Spear is thrown into the mix.

and given its frequency how do other Blood DKS manage it. By alternating with a DH tank. i can WW the first then die/raid wipe on my second as all movements are on CD.

My work around is I WW the first let the DH take the next 3 so WW is off CD and rinse repeat but it becomes real touch and go when you factor in where everyone else is. what the situation of the floor and tornados etc.

Just wondering if there are any other options besides praying that Blizz gives WW a 15sec CD.

Priest life grip to pull you back and give you a chance.

IBF and VB when the spear is about to hit you and cross your fingers and hope.

• Like 1

I did it last week and we ran double dk tanks.  It all about coordination.  We would just taunt him back and forth, never getting close to each other.  so we would kinda stay far apart and meet in the middle to swap then split again like you do in dragons in EN.

• Like 2

Play Tug-of-War with Odyn. One tank near the throne area, the other tank more towards the door area. If you imagine it like a clock face, one tank is at 12, the other tank at 6. YOu have to move in and out a bit to taunt or move away, but it's doable.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, demonardvark said:

this is actually what I do XD

I wouldn't have pegged you as someone who needed to use Performance Enhancing Potions, DA!!!

I don't believe in nuthin no more, man... ;)

7 hours ago, TeamC said:

I wouldn't have pegged you as someone who needed to use Performance Enhancing Potions, DA!!!

I don't believe in nuthin no more, man... ;)

i've tried to get off the juice, but the pressure to compete is too high!!!!

also i just freely admit I'm bad at situational awareness, so it takes me a second to figure out which way i want to go, then to start moving, we have enough priests to grip me however they didn't like having to stop healing to save my arse so I was told to git gud or get some pots, getting pots was easier XD

• Like 2

I tried the tug of war method,  with both tanks positioned at max taunt range and taunt when the other is targeted with the spear,  the spear target only has to move a short distance if at all eat the spear and move into position. 

The other boon from this is it gave the taunting tank the ability to be in a better position when the floor changes. While Odyn moves towards them 

Well, i do it with a bear as partner but i think it could be the same patron for any other class.
We put Odyn in a place near the entrance or near the throne and the tank wich is targeted for the spear runs in the opposite direction. 
As a DK Blood you should use de WW if you have it, but if you dont (too long cd) keep running, ask for a shaman to put the totem who give speed movement or choose "Rune Tap" or "Spectral Deflection"  to use as talents (or both [i make use of both of them]).
And you should try to stay near 100 - 80% of hp befor Odyn start casting the spear.

I did it last night on normal and if you have the space to run then  you should be fine but if you get stuck in the middle and the other tank is running back to taunt and you eat the spear it can be fatal. 

Its not the best mechanic around for a BDK to soak alas, if it was magical damage then we would be in a stronger place. You really feel the stupidly long CD on WW too for this fight more than any other fight. 

Give us back RT as a baseline skill pls Blizz.

to note, it's kinda really bad to tug of war the boss, cause mdps have a hell of a time with it. I've not done ToV on my DK, unfortunately, as my raid lead asked me to tankadin it.

• Like 1

Yeah, its hell on the melee having to run and lowering their dps by a good bit. 

We run with 1 toon per person currently so I cant switch out to another tank for certain fights which is a pity sometimes as there are fights where my BDK is sub optimal , that being one of them.