FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kazistrasz

Value of 4pc as Demo?

To begin with, here is my current armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Kazistrasza/simple

I'm reforged and gemmed to meet the 25% haste cap for Doom and then into mastery.

I use standard Demo rotation with ensuring I refresh Doom every time I get Unerring Vision of Lei Shen proc.

I'm almost comfortable with my numbers (I'd like to be breaking 200k on Jin'rokh and Horridon, but I'm close).

My question is how important is the 4-piece bonus for Tier 15? 10% Fury seems like a lot to me, and lets me spend a lot of time in meta as well as let's me match my output during Dark Soul so I can pop CDs and burst high right off the bat on a fight.

If it's as good as I've thought it is, it would mean not being able to a lot of my gear for quite sometime to not break the set bonus. If the general consensus is that only the 2-piece is worth it, then I can begin looking at other upgrades available to me (as it stands I would be going after almost nothing from the first few bosses). I'd just equip the gear and run SimCraft and look at it that way, except I don't yet have the new gear to play with, and I need to know if I should be using bonus rolls for it.

I don't generally look at Best in Slot lists, simply because I'm not going to get there. Half of everything listed on BiS lists comes from Ra-den, who I certainly won't be killing before 5.4 comes out. For the most part, I need to know what I should be after in normal modes, but no one seems to keep a "BiS" list for people that aren't into heroic guilds (our guild is new, so we're only expecting to maybe get one or two heroics down before next tier).

Any help is much appreciated in this matter.

4-piece is worth it, but not if the items you have available blow them out of the water with item levels.

Click on my sig and take a look at my gear. I'm rolling with the 2 piece because the bosses that would give me the heroic versions of the tier either haven't dropped it yet or we haven't downed them on heroic. I'm looking at you Iron Qon and Twins respectively.

Then is it worth it for me to start going for some of the items off of the first bosses and just go down to the 2-piece? Should I wait to use them until I can replace two at a time or would getting just one to 522 be worth dropping the 4-piece?

I think you would need more than one to replace the 4 piece. It really depends on if the piece you got is thunderforged vs LFR.

Your absolute two tier pieces are 543 Helm and 543 Shoulders. This is because there are MUCH better options for Gloves, Legs, and Chest than there are for the helm and shoulder slot. The tier Gloves and Legs have lots of Crit on them which sucks for Warlocks. The Gloves off of Durumu have Hit and Haste and there are Hit/Mastery Gloves off of Jin'rokh. For the Legs and Chest, both the Chest from Ji'kun and the one from Raden has Haste and Mastery while the tier has Hit on it, which isn't much needed. Jin'rokh and Raden also have much better Legs than the tier version.

All of this considered, the differences mentioned here are small and are only considered for min-maxing. If you don't have 13/13H on farm, just get the best item level piece you can get your hands on.

But it not worth the break of the 4TP for only 1 heroic item, or I'm wrong?

The 4tp probably worth more than 1-2k dps increase.

Edited by JvChequer

I dropped my 4pc by swapping out Hit/Haste gloves over Mastery/Crit ones. Let me hit the 14.9k Haste threshold and I never felt starved for Demonic Fury. Didn't feel any different and DPS marginas are too difficult to calculate with how RNG affects each individual parse.

Zagam, that entire first paragraph is basically irrelevant to my question, as I said I wouldn't be killing Ra-den or most heroics before 5.4 (our goal is to get maybe one or two down before patch). I am talking about min-maxing here. Just because I don't have the time to go applying to higher-end guilds (of which none are left on ally side for my server) and started my own to raid with my friends doesn't mean I don't take it just as seriously.

Then the set bonus is likely good for you if you're not going to be rolling in HTF gear.

4-piece is worth it, but not if the items you have available blow them out of the water with item levels.

Click on my sig and take a look at my gear. I'm rolling with the 2 piece because the bosses that would give me the heroic versions of the tier either haven't dropped it yet or we haven't downed them on heroic. I'm looking at you Iron Qon and Twins respectively.

really sir? Those two bosses are easy.. unfort i always seem to be last to get gear on my tier.. (tank/healer/.... off healer... then me) Good luck with your gear!

I've got some heroic pieces but not Heroic Thunderforged.. those get snatched to quickly.. i've got some HEROIC THUNDERFORGED GOLD i've rolled about 10000x

• Like 1

Get it until you get better stuff. Take what you can get. 5.4 is approaching and we will all be getting sexy new gear to roll around and rub our procs in.

I've got some heroic pieces but not Heroic Thunderforged.. those get snatched to quickly.. i've got some HEROIC THUNDERFORGED GOLD i've rolled about 10000x

I hear that HEROIC THUNDERFORGED GOLD is the rarest, 1337est loot there is, complete bis for the wallet.

• Like 1

I hear that HEROIC THUNDERFORGED GOLD is the rarest, 1337est loot there is, complete bis for the wallet.

Well i have around 200k gold on my lock.. maybe that is why.. LOL

really sir? Those two bosses are easy.. unfort i always seem to be last to get gear on my tier.. (tank/healer/.... off healer... then me) Good luck with your gear!

I'm sure they are if you don't have carries in your raid team. It's a lot easier to get a fully competent raid team in a 10 man. :D

• Like 1

I'm sure they are if you don't have carries in your raid team. It's a lot easier to get a fully competent raid team in a 10 man. Posted Image

Yes sir.. i do miss being able to cheese certain mechanics though in 25 mans, but i don't like how sometimes it feels like half the team is carrying the other half. >_<

I'm sure they are if you don't have carries in your raid team. It's a lot easier to get a fully competent raid team in a 10 man. Posted Image

Ha, that and space to spread out around is at more of a premium on 25 (I'm getting the most out of KJC while I can and run around jumping and casting Posted Image ).

• Like 2

Ha, that and space to spread out around is at more of a premium on 25 (I'm getting the most out of KJC while I can and run around jumping and casting Posted Image ).

I'm going to miss running around and casting. Occasionally our officers will place a marker over my head to be a collapse target. Magaera for example when it's important that we don't spread out too much to keep the ice in a neat fashion, I'll be jumping around left and right.

"Xythin will you stop jumping all over the fucking place!?"

"Lol, ya sorry, habit!!!"

Edited by Omaric

I LOVED being the stack target. I'd say at least once a week I trolled my group in stacking on me. Great memories having them stack on me then me using my Teleport and leaving them all to die in a bad place. KJC enabled us to act like Resto Druids. I was always jealous of Resto Druids being able to jump, heal, and run around like chickens with their heads cut off. I still do this in Meta form...just to be that asshole.

• Like 2

I also liked setting up gateways on the 2nd bridge to Horridon. Start casting and it pushes you back while you're casting for a super long distance gateway. And casting pets while moving..... And...... FUCK YOU BLIZZ! :(

• Like 1

My group left me as the stack target once... ONCE. They stacked on me, and i wasn't used to having so many people close to me, so i started running to get some space. That marker came off my head rather quickly, lol

Nah, this didnt go off topic at all.

I replaced my 4set for HC gloves to replace normal ones. The other warlock that was in my raid team at the time called me a noob for it. Then the rest of the group started acting as if they knew my class better than I did. Fun times.

However now I replaced thoes gloves with the very same gloves, just TF instead.

Edited by Vestion