FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cedrin

Sacrifice with my current stats?

wondering if/when higher geared affliction locks are using more sacrifice. I'm currently setup for 23% haste and 109% mastery. I normally go supremacy but wondered of the high mastery may benefit more with sacrifice. Plus thinking about moving up another haste breakpoint. Any consensus or personal preference?

You have two viable Haste breakpoints right now...one of which you can likely hit around 540 ilvl and one you can hit if you have Haste on every piece of gear, every gem slot, etc. The first is 13737. Doesn't sound like you're at it with 23% Haste. The second is somewhere in the range of 16k. This target is really not optimal because of what you'd have to sacrifice to get to that level of Haste. When looking at Haste thresholds for Affliction, ignore Corruption and focus more on UA and Agony, mostly Agony.

Sacrifice is suboptimal for just about everything unless you are tunneling on something. Even then, it's really close. The additional benefit of Sacrifice (2% heal every 5 seconds) is nice. They are close enough that you can do whatever you want with a minor variance each way due to the RNG of procs.

Thanks for replies. I only use sacrifice rarely and that is for the additional hp to help out my group. I had read that the 9778 haste was a good place to be. I was thinking about playing with another closest breakpoint to compare but would be difficult to reach 31% probably with current gear.

Edited by Cedrin

When looking at Haste thresholds for Affliction, ignore Corruption and focus more on UA and Agony, mostly Agony.

The point about Corruption break is more chance to Nightfall procs, so, I think we cannot ignore it, 1 or 2 more Soul Shards in the fight probably worth the minor mastery loss.

You don't lose Corruption ticks by not worrying about the threshold. I'm saying that Mastery is worth more than Haste being used to reach a Corruption threshold. If you don't hit a Corruption threshold, you just have to apply it a few more times per fight. It won't affect the number of ticks you get at all.

@13737 (38.94%) Haste, you get Corruption + 4 ticks, or 13 ticks in 18 seconds.

@13736 (38.93%) Haste, you get Corruption + 3 ticks, or 12 ticks, but it wouldn't be for 18 seconds. It would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 17 seconds, but your tick interval speed would essentially be the same to 3 decimal points. Haste thresholds increase ticks in a similar window, but not as drastically as you'd think.

TL;DR: Don't reforge for Corruption points because they don't line up with Agony and UA.