FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
littlewillow

Feelin like a noob - stat quesiton

So, I'm doin my best to read up on how to better my outlaw - loving the class! I see that you need Versatility over Mastery... but everything I get seems to be +Mastery? How on earth can I better stack on the Vers? I feel like I'm missing something.. : /

Any input? Thanks all ..
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Amelianna/simple

I suppose it's all about RNG, there isn't much to be done besides farming the bosses that can drop Vers parts for you.

Btw loved the cow image.

The math isn't really that straightforward - vers is best to a point, at which point the increased % for main gauche (mastery) procs creates more dps than another 1% flat dmg or what have you. Edit: this point comes much sooner if you use the +mg dmg relic.  Shadowcraft\Simcraft do a pretty ok job of simulating it, but if you're mathematically inclined you can do an excel workup to run millions of strings rather than the thousand or so Sim uses.

Edited by MrEdren

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By justsomeguy
      Does anyone have issue where a ton of versatility gear is dropping?
      In the effort to increase my item level, so I can do heroics (i know I'm late to the game), all the higher level gear that drops has versatility, do BM hunters need versatility now or is this just bad luck?
    • By ygzumc
      Hi. After reaching %33.3 Crit cap. What's your opinion stacking versa or haste.i go with versatility right now have %23.63/%11.82 versatility %16.71 haste %37 crit.i know i have little bit more crit but its good stat
    • By Laggasaurus
      Something's been bugging me recently - why is mastery more valuable to an Unholy DK than versatility?  It seems to me that versatility should be superior because it increases ALL damage (shadow & physical) while mastery only increases shadow damage.  Does 1% of mastery scale differently than 1% of versatility in some way?  I assume I am misunderstanding something here about how versatility works. 
    • By vecroct
      Hi, I've been struggling since the patch to understand what is going on.  I have been getting versatility on most of the drops I receive from dailies/quests and world bosses.  Before the 7.2 patch I was getting plenty of master items and afterwards nearly all of the items are versatility.  I am perplexed and wondering if somehow the game is broken and thinks I'm survival or somthing.  I've checked everywhere, it's set to MM and my loot specialization is set to Marksmanship. This is not a case of exaggeration, it's nearly a night and day difference.  Out of like 10 items which used to be mostly +mastery they are all now +versatility.  Trying to open a ticket for this is confusing as well.  Unless someone can offer any advice, I suppose I now have something to discuss at the Blizzcon Benefit dinner with the devs.  I'm totally not enjoying playing with all this gear dropping with this crummy versatility.  Anything people can think to check?  It seems like a bug to me..... I'm lost.
    • By Keldren
      I use AMR to quickly get an idea of different gear upgrades pretty often. With the changes to mastery they have yet to really set up a new default stat weight and I didn't really like the stat weight they had before anyway. I know the priority of Vers>Haste>Mastery>Crit. This is more about the technical weights for AMR.
      Does anyone have any thoughts on what stat weighting they use for AMR or what the new weights should be?
      Thank you.