Topic Details

Midsummer Fire Festival 2012

25 replies to this topic Started by Damien, Jun 20 2012 03:53 PM event midsummer
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
The Midsummer Fire Festival is starting tonight and our guide will be ready for release very soon. This thread will be linked in the guide and I'm hoping that many people will come and discuss the event here (be it to ask for help, share screenshots or give tips). I also wanted to remind pet hunters that there are two pets that you can earn: Captured Flame and Ice Chip.

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Yay! One of my favourite festivals! Soon going to be running around stomping on horde fires with Recruit-A-Friend 3x xp toons dinging along the way!

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland
And that ice chip is something I do not have... bring it!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium
For those looking for a cool transmog staff: Frostscythe of Lord Ahune drops from The Midsummer Fire Festival boss.
Healer for Life!

Monk healer MadMonk - Warcry - EU Auchindoun

My opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners or writers of the icy-veins website/guides.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
For the easily confused like me.... Captured Flame is the Spirit of Summer and Ice Chip is the Frigid Frostling. These are the same 2 pets available since previous years (I thought there was going to be new versions *sniff*)

Edited by Peelyon, 20 June 2012 - 04:45 PM.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Neridae
  • Neridae
  • Sergeant
  • LocationWest Yorkshire, United Kingdom

For the easily confused like me.... Captured Flame is the Spirit of Summer and Ice Chip is the Frigid Frostling.

These are the same 2 pets available since previous years (I thought there was going to be new versions *sniff*)

There there *pats head*

You're easily excited.

WOOP WOOP for triple xp. A combination of midsummer and AV dinged Neridae to 80 :D

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
I'm in Paris until tomorrow with a really bad connection, so I won't be able to test the event (as I diligently do every time :P) until tomorrow. Hopefully, there aren't too many mistakes and if there are, they will go unnoticed. ;)

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

Nyxxiana
  • Nyxxiana
  • Footman
  • LocationSilver Hand ....or Virginia, take your pick :)
i cant WAIT! those two pets will get me to my 100! AND i have your guide up, and will be following it most diligently! Im actually really excited about this one!!!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Damien some of the numbers are mislabeled in northrend. Check 12-14 Posted Image Sorry!

Oh and the icon for the "Events" drop down is a blood dk symbol atm! :P Sorry!

Edited by Peelyon, 20 June 2012 - 11:29 PM.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

Damien some of the numbers are mislabeled in northrend. Check 12-14 Posted Image Sorry!

Oh and the icon for the "Events" drop down is a blood dk symbol atm! Posted Image Sorry!

Thanks! I fixed the Northrend section. The drop down menus should be fixed after a few refreshes (it's a browser cache issue).

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

Nyxxiana
  • Nyxxiana
  • Footman
  • LocationSilver Hand ....or Virginia, take your pick :)
i was soooo excited about the festival.... till the stupid juggling quest. I really think Blizzard is into doing the most horribly sadistic things to make us to out of our minds bat s$$t crazy with unbridaled fury at some of these quests......just sayin.

throw torch. okay. got it.

catch torch 4 times. okay, easy breezy, rigth? I can do this! gimme room, here i go!!!

after aproximately 3 hours of yelling, throwing objects around my room and using curse words that even an old sailor would not dare utter, i finally got it done. Now im supposed to do even MORE for an acheivement???

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha!

yeah right.Posted Image

i do not see me getting this title with this as a pre requisite. im gong to go cry now. loudly. Posted Image

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
The juggling for the achievement is really easy as you can choose when you want to send the torches. So you just send them on you and you don't have to move. I've just earned the achievement on my rogue and I had to spam like crazy to make it 40 torches in 15 seconds ;)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland
Aye don't despair! It is not as hard as it seems. I however did spend hours on it a few years ago till I decided to look it up online... then it took me one go. I hate the random drop pet though because I never get them, exept from on my DK which I never play, yet has all the mounts and pets from holidays cause hes jammy :(

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland

Aye don't despair! It is not as hard as it seems. I however did spend hours on it a few years ago till I decided to look it up online... then it took me one go.

I hate the random drop pet though because I never get them, exept from on my DK which I never play, yet has all the mounts and pets from holidays cause hes jammy :(

Sounds exactly like my priest. Done every day possible for Headless Horsemen and Brewfest mounts and never got them. Did them one year for like 2 days on my hunter and rogue and got all 3 on both. Thank god for shared mounts in MoP! And don't get my started on the sinister squashing before last year.....

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland
Actually it gripes me that the swashing is no longer bop. When I first made my mage many moons ago, lvl 5, got the squashling! Took me 2 more years to get it on the hunter and last year I got about 4 on it, and now it is boe. Wish I had kept all the ones in the bank!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

Redcross
  • Redcross
  • Marshal
  • LocationEngland
Cannot find the flame in Deepholm! It is apparently in the temple, Have been around it a trillion times and just can't see it. Not sure if it is bugged or phased... anyone else have this problem?

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
It's 20 yards north of the World Pillar, inside the Temple.

Posted Image

So yeah, you're probably phased out. The game is like forcing you to finish those last quests in Deepholm ;)

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Urgh phased! Got to hurt!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

Redcross
  • Redcross
  • Marshal
  • LocationEngland
Pretty sure I already cleared every single quest in that zone.. Looking at that shot - it's certainly not there when I go in.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland

Pretty sure I already cleared every single quest in that zone.. Looking at that shot - it's certainly not there when I go in.

Although by the time it gets answered the festival will be over but maybe try and ticket a GM?

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users