FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nimiah

(Assass) Mythic Ursoc Logs

What's up! I seem to be underperforming at Ursoc in a fight that I had thought went quite well. I currently sim 425k over 5 minutes and I only achieved 409k here in spite of the added damage from cleaving the add (which isn't accounted for in sims), my DPS for the actual boss seems to be way lower than it should and I'm not sure why.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/y3M6nYT1XKJrzF9L#fight=18&type=damage-done

Right off the bat I notice a few things myself looking at those logs and will comment on them:

1. Low Garrote uptime (90%). Unsure what caused this, likely bad line-up with some Ursoc charges or not refreshing immediately after switching off from the add, I can get this a bit better, however, my overall Garrote damage is still higher than rogues outDPSing me so I don't think this was the defining issue.

2. Bad line-up with Bloodlust. Thought about this, I don't believe there's anything I can do about it. Either BL lines up well with my Vend+Exsang combo or it doesn't, there's very little I can do if it doesn't as delaying exsang is not an option and missing the combination of the two is also too much of a damage loss. I did, however, notice that my exsang usage isn't on-point, I could use some more practice to make sure I get exsang immediately as it comes off cooldown, as there's a 49 and 54s delay between my 3 exsanguinates instead of 45-47 (time spent making sure I get a good rupture), fixing that actually makes the line-up a little bit better and if the fight is slow it can allow for a few seconds of a 6th just at the end.

3. My damage looks extremely low at the end (Zoldyck should be active on the last 30% HP!), not sure why.

I've compared my logs against these just now: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tJnGwNbF1VxD2h9A#fight=20&type=damage-done&source=14

456k DPS vs my 409k DPS in the same fight duration. His damage at the end is ridiculously high. His better usage of exsang on CD, at this fight duration, essentially gives him 10 seconds of an extra exsanguinate (which clearly procced BotA as well), where mine is cast as the boss dies. Could it be that using exsang immediately on CD as opposed to having a 4-9 second delay be almost the sole cause of the DPS difference? A nearly 50k DPS difference feels insane (we have the same legendaries). What else am I doing wrong?

Edited by Nimiah

On 21/11/2016 at 2:44 AM, Nimiah said:

What's up! I seem to be underperforming at Ursoc in a fight that I had thought went quite well. I currently sim 425k over 5 minutes and I only achieved 409k here in spite of the added damage from cleaving the add (which isn't accounted for in sims), my DPS for the actual boss seems to be way lower than it should and I'm not sure why.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/y3M6nYT1XKJrzF9L#fight=18&type=damage-done

Right off the bat I notice a few things myself looking at those logs and will comment on them:

1. Low Garrote uptime (90%). Unsure what caused this, likely bad line-up with some Ursoc charges or not refreshing immediately after switching off from the add, I can get this a bit better, however, my overall Garrote damage is still higher than rogues outDPSing me so I don't think this was the defining issue.

2. Bad line-up with Bloodlust. Thought about this, I don't believe there's anything I can do about it. Either BL lines up well with my Vend+Exsang combo or it doesn't, there's very little I can do if it doesn't as delaying exsang is not an option and missing the combination of the two is also too much of a damage loss. I did, however, notice that my exsang usage isn't on-point, I could use some more practice to make sure I get exsang immediately as it comes off cooldown, as there's a 49 and 54s delay between my 3 exsanguinates instead of 45-47 (time spent making sure I get a good rupture), fixing that actually makes the line-up a little bit better and if the fight is slow it can allow for a few seconds of a 6th just at the end.

3. My damage looks extremely low at the end (Zoldyck should be active on the last 30% HP!), not sure why.

I've compared my logs against these just now: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tJnGwNbF1VxD2h9A#fight=20&type=damage-done&source=14

456k DPS vs my 409k DPS in the same fight duration. His damage at the end is ridiculously high. His better usage of exsang on CD, at this fight duration, essentially gives him 10 seconds of an extra exsanguinate (which clearly procced BotA as well), where mine is cast as the boss dies. Could it be that using exsang immediately on CD as opposed to having a 4-9 second delay be almost the sole cause of the DPS difference? A nearly 50k DPS difference feels insane (we have the same legendaries). What else am I doing wrong?

I think I found your armory link but I'm not sure. If this isn't you my analysis will be a little wrong, but it's still mostly based on logs and therefore accurate.

Now, none of these things are enough to really push the damage that much individually, but together they stack up to make a pretty big difference. Here are a few things:

1. Bleed / buff uptimes. As you mentioned, Garrote was applied a few percent less than his, but also his Elaborate Planning was 5% higher than yours
  2. Poison damage. His 2nd and 3rd sources of damage were Deadly Poison and Envenom, where yours was Mut. All of his hit just a liiitle harder, which over the course of the fight added up to an extra couple million damage. I'm going to attribute this mostly to the next point
  3. Trinkets. He has an 880 Memento of Angerboda (with socket), which procced a decent amount while Ursoc was under 30%. His Bloodthirsty Instinct is also wf where yours isn't 
  4. Your raid pushed into 30% later than his did. Ursoc was at 35% when you lusted, his was at 30%, so his Bracers had a longer duration to be active with Lust
  5. Blood of the Assassinated. His procced twice under 30% where yours procced once - one of his was immediately after an Exsang cast
  6. 2 seconds of Vendetta - he got a 4th cast off at the very very end, which did buff a tick of Rupture
  7. Weapon Relics. Not sure what either of you are using in this regard, but he might have slightly better than you. Yours seem to be higher item level, which is great, but having the correct traits will be a bigger benefit in most cases than higher item level pieces.

Again, none of those things are a huge difference, but together they add up 

On 21/11/2016 at 2:44 AM, Nimiah said:

Not sure if you're looking at the same log I am, cause you didn't cleave the add at all. At least not with any auto attacks, since your Eye of Command had 100% uptime :P

3 hours ago, Carrn said:

Not sure if you're looking at the same log I am, cause you didn't cleave the add at all. At least not with any auto attacks, since your Eye of Command had 100% uptime :P

Yap! Definitely not with auto-attacks in order to keep EoC up, but I did mutilate and keep ruptures on the add, I've figured that if I have enough energy and wait for the GCD, I can quickly tab the add, cast, tab back into ursoc so the auto-attacks go there, tab back into the add, cast again, and so on, without ever AAing it and losing my crit.

If you compare the logs here with "done to enemy": Mine and His. You can see that I have 6M more damage on the add than he does, a nearly 60k DPS gain from the add alone, I just seem to be dealing significantly lower DPS to the actual boss than it feels like I should, so much so that I feel a little bit concerned that I'm screwing up my rotation somehow, but other than not exsanging perfectly on CD, looks like I have everything else down.

Your analysis is somewhat soothing in that regard, it doesn't look like it's a major problem with the way I DPS, it's mostly gear difference and rolls. Will see after a couple more Ursoc kills.

Edited by Nimiah

2 hours ago, Nimiah said:

Yap! Definitely not with auto-attacks in order to keep EoC up, but I did mutilate and keep ruptures on the add, I've figured that if I have enough energy and wait for the GCD, I can quickly tab the add, cast, tab back into ursoc so the auto-attacks go there, tab back into the add, cast again, and so on, without ever AAing it and losing my crit.

If you compare the logs here with "done to enemy": Mine and His. You can see that I have 6M more damage on the add than he does, a nearly 60k DPS gain from the add alone, I just seem to be dealing significantly lower DPS to the actual boss than it feels like I should, so much so that I feel a little bit concerned that I'm screwing up my rotation somehow, but other than not exsanging perfectly on CD, looks like I have everything else down.

Your analysis is somewhat soothing in that regard, it doesn't look like it's a major problem with the way I DPS, it's mostly gear difference and rolls. Will see after a couple more Ursoc kills.

Yeah I didn't check to see who you were casting on, I assumed you had a macro for hitting it with Rupture if you were hitting it lol

But yes, I don't see any glaring problems with your performance at all. It's some gear stuff and some bad RNG for the most part

I'd just like to update this. One more Ursoc attempt this week and this time: 460k.

Fixed the exsanguinate usage, it looks like I'm playing as close to optimal as I can, number doesn't feel low this time, I feel a lot more relieved that I'm not doing anything excruciatingly wrong. Thanks!

Edited by Nimiah

On 01/12/2016 at 6:07 AM, Nimiah said:

I'd just like to update this. One more Ursoc attempt this week and this time: 460k.

Fixed the exsanguinate usage, it looks like I'm playing as close to optimal as I can, number doesn't feel low this time, I feel a lot more relieved that I'm not doing anything excruciatingly wrong. Thanks!

Congrats!

80th percentile for your ilevel is pretty respectable. The differences between you and the top parses will be mostly RNG based - trinket procs, crits, etc. 

Looks really good to me, you'll only go up :)