FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MrEdren

Outlaw trinkets - confuzzled

So the outlaw trinket simulation has Infallible Tracking Charm (vs demons) #3 overall... I know nobody can answer conclusively, but does that seem like it can be even remotely right?  Proc or not, I do not see how an 815 item can compete with raid tier stuff.  

Also, nature's call is the worst trinket I've ever seen.  Yeesh.

On 21/11/2016 at 8:10 PM, MrEdren said:

So the outlaw trinket simulation has Infallible Tracking Charm (vs demons) #3 overall... I know nobody can answer conclusively, but does that seem like it can be even remotely right?  Proc or not, I do not see how an 815 item can compete with raid tier stuff.  

Also, nature's call is the worst trinket I've ever seen.  Yeesh.

You must be looking at outdated information. It was absolutely competitive with other trinkets in pre-raid tier, but now that M+ and raids are open it's not strong.

These are Outlaw trinket rankings

Yeah, looks like you are correct - the trinket simulation in the class guide must not have been updated recently.

So with that in mind - my SimCraft puts my 870 Chrono Shard (set bonus) about 4k ahead of an 855 Horn - since I don't think I'd see any real difference in 10,000 sims or so, what do you all think of the two?  Seems like the on-demand stat boost would be really nice on certain bosses.

11 minutes ago, MrEdren said:

Yeah, looks like you are correct - the trinket simulation in the class guide must not have been updated recently.

So with that in mind - my SimCraft puts my 870 Chrono Shard (set bonus) about 4k ahead of an 855 Horn - since I don't think I'd see any real difference in 10,000 sims or so, what do you all think of the two?  Seems like the on-demand stat boost would be really nice on certain bosses.

It's a tough argument, the difference between on-use and proc trinkets.

I tend to keep both on hand, unless there is one that's distinctly better than the other, because they're good in different situations and for different specs / playstyles. 

You're completely correct in that on-demand ones are great on certain bosses - trying to 1 phase Ilgy is a good example, since the dps required outside isn't super significant, but a big stat boost inside is very valuable. Other ones include high priority adds, if it's your job to swap, or bosses with periods of increased damage (think Gorefiend from HFC), etc. I'm sure you can figure it out lol

4 hours ago, Carrn said:

It's a tough argument, the difference between on-use and proc trinkets.

I tend to keep both on hand, unless there is one that's distinctly better than the other, because they're good in different situations and for different specs / playstyles. 

You're completely correct in that on-demand ones are great on certain bosses - trying to 1 phase Ilgy is a good example, since the dps required outside isn't super significant, but a big stat boost inside is very valuable. Other ones include high priority adds, if it's your job to swap, or bosses with periods of increased damage (think Gorefiend from HFC), etc. I'm sure you can figure it out lol

That's what I'll most likely do, just swap it in for M+ and Ilgy-type bosses - at least if\until I get a better one or something in the meta changes. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this