FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Syx

Tracking "in combat" targets

Hi all,

First time poster here but have had a lot of help from the available guides. However I've come a little unstuck with this issue so hoping to get some advice!

As a mage using spell_mage_nethertempest.jpgNether Tempest, I often find that I struggle to manage the number of mobs I'm currently in combat with in terms of keeping it applied. I use stacking unit frames to help, but it's not ideal.

What I'd really like is an addon that can basically make a raidframe-like list of mobs I'm in combat with, so they are easily selectable without having to mouse all over the place to track them down. Does anyone know of such a thing?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Hello Syx!

I am afraid I don't know about such add-on however, this might be something similar

Posted Image

It tracks all mobs' dots by name on the right side. It's called ForteXorcist.

Although you will have to select them manually. DBM usually places raidframes on the right side of the screen with the most important bosses (like 4 raidframes on council).

Also, shown in the screenshot Oltier provided, you will notice dot and debuff icons above the name plate of each mob. That is from the Tidy Plates addon and gives a countdown on each mobs debuff. That is all I ever use for multi-dot tracking.

Now if only they would allow us to move nameplates to the feet of mobs.. /sigh

Thanks guys - I already use TidyPlates and it's a huge improvement over the standard interface. I'll have a look at ForteXorcist and see if that's helpful.

Oltier - is that a cooldown timer in the lower middle of your screen?

Thanks guys - I already use TidyPlates and it's a huge improvement over the standard interface. I'll have a look at ForteXorcist and see if that's helpful.

Oltier - is that a cooldown timer in the lower middle of your screen?

Yush, that is Weakauras, which is tracks my trinket procs. If a trinket is not RPPM trinket (so has an internal CD) it also tracks when the ICD will expire and indicates that the trinket will proc again soon.

+Meta gem proc +Jade spirit +tailoring cloak proc.

(If you meant this by CD timer : D)

Yush, that is Weakauras, which is tracks my trinket procs. If a trinket is not RPPM trinket (so has an internal CD) it also tracks when the ICD will expire and indicates that the trinket will proc again soon.

+Meta gem proc +Jade spirit +tailoring cloak proc.

(If you meant this by CD timer : D)

I did :D

Thanks again - amazingly helpful and much appreciated!

• Like 1

I did Posted Image

Thanks again - amazingly helpful and much appreciated!

If you have any questions in connection with that addon, how to set up stuffs, just ask. It is not always trivial.