Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Catchup: Warlock and Priest Cards

12 posts in this topic

QKtjpVU.jpg

Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Spoilers for the third week are well underway. This is the final catch-up article from week two. It covers the Warlock and Priest cards that have not previously been previewed.

nMK0Ct9.png

Abyssal Enforcer gives control Warlock decks yet another AoE option. This will almost certainly be tried in Reno Jackson decks, as extra survival is always welcome. Putting Seadevil Stinger in Warlock is a strange design choice. While Murloc Warlock has been an archetype a long time ago, Murlocs  have moved away from Warlock in recent times. The effect is a very powerful one though, and if many more Murlocs are released then will be a card to keep an eye on.

XNtBwTY.png

Priest continues to get cards that look strong. Mana Geode is the 2-drop that might enable Priest to play on curve like other decks. Personally, I feel this isn't great for the game, as I would rather classes did not all merge into the same thing, but Priest fans will be very happy with it. It is very hard to see how Raza the Chained is going to fare. The card seems very powerful, but as with all cards in a deck with no duplicates, the downside is very high and we will need to see the entire set, and how it works in the new meta before we can judge how strong Raza is in actual play. 

8 hours ago, YourGod said:

Is the 2/2 a vanilla minion?

I believe so.

My love for Highlander Priest is hitting new heights.

Any idea how Raza will interact with Justicar? (Will the reduction remain)

Once all the cards are released are you'll guys planning to post a final rating for all the cards? I've watched most of the popular streamers (Kripp/ Nox/ Kibler/ Thijs), most of them are false positive ratings for the cards .. Jade Lotus/ Potions mechanic looks really nice but rest are meh so far .. I see maybe Secret mage being a thing .. 

1 hour ago, PaasHaaS said:

I'm not sure but just thinking about the general mechanics of hearthstone I would think you should play justicar first.

since justicar replaces you hero power with a new one I think playing him after Raza's battlecry would cause you to lose the 0 cost effect.

This is just speculation based on how the general rules in hearthstone seem to apply to other similar effects (i.e. playing sir finley after justicar)

3 minutes ago, Shine said:

I'm not sure but just thinking about the general mechanics of hearthstone I would think you should play justicar first.

since justicar replaces you hero power with a new one I think playing him after Raza's battlecry would cause you to lose the 0 cost effect.

This is just speculation based on how the general rules in hearthstone seem to apply to other similar effects (i.e. playing sir finley after justicar)

Yeah it's what I expect too. Was just hoping it would be different :P

Seadevil is a such an interesting looking card. It may become super strong should some murloc-focused expansion arrive in 2017

3 hours ago, PaasHaaS said:

Unfortunately they might have not even really looked at this too drastically since they claim to focus on standard for card balance and interactions, and Justicar will be leaving soon (it's a 2015 set, so in theory the new season of 2017 kills it, but who knows when in the year that will actually roll out). Should be an easy fix though when they chose to do it, because I doubt they want to make one card cancel another just one turn apart.

7 hours ago, PaasHaaS said:

Mike Donais confirmed that a change in hero power doesn't nullify the effect [src] and it was confirmed on twitter as well.

This means that Shadowform is spookier than ever before.

1 person likes this

On 23.11.2016 at 2:42 PM, Strongpoint said:

Seadevil is a such an interesting looking card. It may become super strong should some murloc-focused expansion arrive in 2017

I do feel like this has to happen eventually. Just an expansion filled with so many wonderous Murloc cards. Would definitely buy it.