Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aeikz

Resto Trinkets.

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, had a sick lootday today... I ended up getting 3 upgrades having a hard time to decide which two to use.

I've got:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=139330/heightened-senses ilvl 880
http://www.wowhead.com/item=137419/chrono-shard ilvl 880

and http://www.wowhead.com/item=138222/vial-of-nightmare-fog ilvl 885

I've read that Chrono Shard has weak procc chance, but the stats are as right as they get..

But then again the procc heal from Nightmare is amazing.

Any suggestions or calculations out there?

Thanks!

Omg, grats with the amazing trinkets!

I don't know who wrote that Chrono Shard has a weak proc chance - it's always has around 30% uptime, you can easily see this in logs.

Regarding your question, I'd keep one slot for the Vial pretty much always, and would maybe swap between Senses in raid and Shard in M+. They are equal enough in performance but Shard's speed buff in high M+ is awesome.

Maybe I would try and play around with Shard+Senses in one raid and Vial+Senses in another, to see in logs how it affects resto druid HoT ticks but this is not an advise, I just find it very interesting for min/maxing in different fights.

That certainly is a shiny set of trinkets!

Just to give you some idea about average numbers logged yesterday on 6 heroic bosses (excluding Nythendra, we forgot about the logs):

• Chrono Shard (ilvl 445 only) - average 19,52% uptime (min 11,35 - max 36,49%); doesn't seem low and haste is awesome
  • Vial of Nightmare Fog (ilvl 885) - average 4,56% (min 3,54 - max 5,50%) healing done, I like it mostly because both disciple priest and holy pala don't have their mighty absorbs anymore (well, priest does have some, but PW:Shield is rather weak this expansion), so any damage that can be absorbed may as well save someone's life

From my experience Hightened Senses doesn't proc that well (I've had around 14% average uptime few weeks back), nonetheless proc is great and it might be dependant on personal playstyle (direct healing vs HoT's ratio), thus having it with nice ilvl is certainly worth testing.

I'd say that Senses procs alright - 20-40% uptime for me (around 30% mostly).

link

link

link

1 person likes this

That's more than alright, looks very good indeed considering the main stat proc is great, but unfortunately it didn't look so well for resto druids last time I've checked.

link
I haven't tested it thoroughly, but I guess it's because it doesn't seem to proc from ticks of hots (or very rarely), while Chrono Shard does.

link

link

Edited by saradonin

3 hours ago, saradonin said:

That's more than alright, looks very good indeed considering the main stat proc is great, but unfortunately it didn't look so well for resto druids last time I've checked.

link

This is really weird because  when I just make a search in WCL for resto druids with this trinket, the proc rate is the same or even betetr than mine. Maybe it has something to do with the raid size in your case (very small)?

Link

Link

Link

Thanks for the reply guys! 

Seems the procc is all right in other words. I'll probably do so that I use it for Myth+ just because of the speed boost ( despite of not having any mobility problems as druid of course :P )

My Vial heals about 3-6% depending on fights of course, so it seems even tho it's just crit and the procc it carries quite a lot, especially in raid environments where you hot the hell out of everything.

And the Hightened Senses proccs pretty well for me, at least what I've noticed. Seems most top tier druids use it, but it is probably because of the ilvl advantage I guess. The procc is crazy giving 4500 int (and the haste ofc!), so I always try to time it with my Innervate if possible, reapply an aoe mushroom and full hot the tanks obv.

Edited by Aeikz