FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
keepup

Frost DK stats

Hi i am a frost dk, my current stats are Crit 24% haste 12% mastery 49%, but i feel like my dps is low, i am thinking about putting some of that mastery into haste, what are your thoughts???

so, your def, going to want to aim for roughly 25% crit, and at MINIMUM 20% haste.

my personal stats are 32% crit, 22% haste and 19% mastery. haste helps the rotation smooth out.

10 hours ago, Cuvandk said:

im sitting 20% crit 30% haste 32% mastery and am simming around 430k

That's interesting... I am ilvl 875 and simming at 359k... I have plenty of combination of gear that I can try... But ive never tried reducing crit lower than 35, to increase haste to 30...  I wonder if it would sim higher....

27 minutes ago, Daggnar said:

That's interesting... I am ilvl 875 and simming at 359k... I have plenty of combination of gear that I can try... But ive never tried reducing crit lower than 35, to increase haste to 30...  I wonder if it would sim higher....

To put in perspective I am 883 though - however I have never gone as high as 35% crit.. I felt every other stat was simming higher than crit once it was above 30 (at max).. felt in game too, my dps dropping. 

I can almost guarantee ull sim higher :D

1 hour ago, Cuvandk said:

To put in perspective I am 883 though - however I have never gone as high as 35% crit.. I felt every other stat was simming higher than crit once it was above 30 (at max).. felt in game too, my dps dropping. 

I can almost guarantee ull sim higher :D

Ahhh... My bad.. I meant 25% crit and not 35. Right now I am at 30-20-30 (crit-haste-mastery) and the fluidity of runes generation  vs runic power is amazing. I basically always have a button to press. 

J can't wait to get back home and try lowering crit to get 30% haste ?

It's needless to say that I will come back and share my results!!

Edited by Daggnar

Going to be interesting to see results! When you post results can u also list the legendaries you have if you have any?

Thanks mate!

edit: ANNNND trinkets hahah :)

Edited by Cuvandk

On 26/11/2016 at 11:00 PM, drakne said:

so, your def, going to want to aim for roughly 25% crit, and at MINIMUM 20% haste.

my personal stats are 32% crit, 22% haste and 19% mastery. haste helps the rotation smooth out.

So i've changed it around a bit. My stats are currently 22% 20% 33% (C,H,M). My rotation feels alot smoother. Feel free to have a look on my Character, all advice is welcome! http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Creepingup/advanced

On 27/11/2016 at 4:45 AM, Cuvandk said:

im sitting 20% crit 30% haste 32% mastery and am simming around 430k

Thats very nice, also do you have a link on a Sim or do i need to buy one?? i am newly started to go in depth with a character as i always seem to change alot, but i really love Frost dk :) all tips and tricks are welcome. also feel free to have a look on my character! http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Creepingup/advanced

2 hours ago, keepup said:

Thats very nice, also do you have a link on a Sim or do i need to buy one?? i am newly started to go in depth with a character as i always seem to change alot, but i really love Frost dk :) all tips and tricks are welcome. also feel free to have a look on my character! http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Creepingup/advanced

Your gear is pretty good, your sim comes out at 366k which is definitely where you would expect.

Add the bracers to your Sim and you jump up to 390k, you have very good trinkets which is a big factor in reaching up to those high ilvl Sims.

As far as tips go, I would really like to look at a log before I could say anything more constructive.

Edited by Browed

36 minutes ago, Browed said:

Your gear is pretty good, your sim comes out at 366k which is definitely where you would expect.

Add the bracers to your Sim and you jump up to 390k, you have very good trinkets which is a big factor in reaching up to those high ilvl Sims.

As far as tips go, I would really like to look at a log before I could say anything more constructive.

Yeah.. about that... I've been introduced to logs, but haven't really come around to make some, i am pretty busy with school and such. So time is limited :). 

are you talking about legendary bracers?? :). 

indeed ;) they are very nice but generally improving ilvl will have the same effect over time.

Trinkets, Relics and Legendary items are all a mixed bag and getting good ones is going to be just a matter of patience, I have no luck with relics or trinkets.. the legendaries help heal the pain though ;)

27 minutes ago, Browed said:

indeed ;) they are very nice but generally improving ilvl will have the same effect over time.

Trinkets, Relics and Legendary items are all a mixed bag and getting good ones is going to be just a matter of patience, I have no luck with relics or trinkets.. the legendaries help heal the pain though ;)

ohh i want those bracers!!! :P

ye i've been really lucky with trinkets, almost throw my screen out the room when i got the one from xavius :P 

I've noticed recently with OBRA that simcraft is ever increasing my Haste, it's now up to 24% and still has the highest stat weighting simmed, after strength. Has anyone else noticed this? I was skeptical at first, but actually...It does seem to smooth out my rotation quite nicely and adds a bit of dps as a result.

If you hit 31% haste then you get in an extra cast during obliteration which is a massive dps boost.

Not sure if it's worth Gimping your other stats to get it with current gear.