Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tazinas

Enhancement | low dps for my gs?

6 posts in this topic

So I've just changed my spec from elemental to enhancement which means I still have some crit chance in the sockets.

My problem is that I think I'm not doing as much dps as I should with my current gear :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dun-morogh/Tazînas/advanced

Logs from the last raid :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wFA1DCt68Q7PBZH4/#fight=1&type=damage-done

Would be nice if someone could tell me what I can do better / where to improve :)

I wouldn't kick an 86% percentile performance out of bed. There is a high random element in performance because of Stormbringer procs, and no amount of Mastery stacking can really get around that. Your command of the rotation seems to be in order. The main faults I am seeing, which are keeping you from hitting that last few % are in your gear:

- Crit gems instead of Agility and Mastery

- No back or ring enchants

- Relatively low ilvl on Doomhammer

- No Enhancement legendaries (obviously nothing you can do about that except play more)

I'm not talking about Nythendra, my performance there was quite good I guess. I'm talking about Ursoc where I only got  52%

or Cenarius with 59..

You mean that Ursoc kill where you went 30 seconds without a Stormbringer proc, while you had your potion up? :) Also, it looks like you didn't line up your cooldowns with Heroism. Waiting a little longer, you wouldn't have missed out on any extra uses of your major cooldowns, so you would've done higher overall damage. Enhancement is a spec that has better sustain than most, but it still focuses a lot of damage into short windows and hitting those on the nose is crucial.

Edited by Tarazet

And how do I get more of these procs? Increase mastery I guess.

I enchanted my rings and changed the gems, I'm at 70% mastery and 18% haste now

Even if you do increase Mastery, it doesn't increase the proc chance of Stormbringer or Windfury that much. It increases by a very tiny amount. It's the flat damage buff to your elemental damage, and the very aggressive scaling, that makes it such a strong stat for Enhancement. There's just RNG involved with your procs. You can make sure that you use all of your buttons available to you whenever possible, according to the priority list.. but that's about all you can do. You summon the elements, but you don't command them. Sometimes they're just going to give you the middle finger.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sappora
      Methodical is in search of dedicated players that are looking to push content in a semi-hardcore environment. All of our raiders try to be on a first-name basis with each other. Our raids are very fun when it comes to farm and carries, however, we do clean up when it's time for progression. When it comes to raiding we do provide benefits, paid for by selling carries. 
      All-in-all we are looking for players willing to: consistently improve their performance, take responsibility, and synergize with a group of players. If this interests you, all of our info is below.
      Information:
      Guild: Methodical
      Creation: 2013
      Server: Bleeding Hollow
      Faction: Horde
      VoIP: Discord
      Raids:
      Raid Progression: 7/7 M EN, 3/3 H ToV, 3/10 H NH
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)
      Benefits:
      Spirit Cauldrons
      Potion Program
      Extensive Raid Repairs
      Recruitment:
      The below are just current needs, we are accepting all exceptional players.
      druid (balance) high hunter medium mage medium monk (healer) medium priest (dd) high rogue medium shaman (restoration) high warlock high If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and our raids. 
      Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)
    • By Babblet
      Location: Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof
      About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; most of our members have been playing together for years. In its older days, when most of us where young, we were more raid focused and demanded a lot from our members. Over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities with a growing list of RL responsibilities and are now, for all intents and purposes, a semi-casual raiding guild.
      At this point in time we are trying to round out our roster and eventually attempt Mythic raids once we feel comfortable with our raid composition.
      Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.
      Recruitment: Currently we are only accepting Ranged DPS / Heals
      Legion Progression:
      [EN]    7/7 Normal - 7/7 Heroic
      [ToV]  3/3 Normal - 3/3 Heroic
      [NH] 8/10 Normal - 0/10 Heroic
      Contacts:
      Sodium#11394
    • By spookychick13
      Hi,

Heading into Nighthold for the first time tonight and now sure how to spec.
      ST?
      AOE?
      MoC or Volley? Is Stampede worth taking?

Help please.
    • By Rodee
      I know Unleash Doom was recommended as the second golden talent before getting Doom Vortex, but since Vortex just got buffed, and I am also using the Overcharge and Hot Hand talent; Is Vortex better to grab first now? Especially due to it proccing off Overcharged lightning bolts and the increased Lava Lash damage on the way down to it.
    • By Darkmograine
      Undaunted Gaming League is a family based guild, that means most of us have families and careers and are unable to play WoW at all times, that is recruiting players to band together for core teams. We would like to form teams for arena, RBG's, Daily Mythic dungeons, raid progression, gold making, and even battle pets. Even if you are a casual player that is looking to socialize, or want a team to work together on professions, we would like to help you help us. 
      http://undauntedgamingleague.enjin.com/home is our guild site, feel free to stop by to fill out an application and email a guild member for an invite. If you would like additional information, please message a player in game or myself directly darkmograine#1675