FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Kirin Tor World Quests Hotfix

8ib4Slb.jpg

It happened with Suramar World Quests in the past and now the issue is back with the Kirin Tor. Players were unable to complete The Kirin Tor of Dalaran to get their Kirin Tor ChestKirin Tor Chest given the few quest spawns and Blizzard has deployed a hotfix that resolves this issue. All you need to do is log in and get your chest.

This is just a temporary solution to the problem and once Kirin Tor World Quests are back, the team wants to make sure that enough quests are up to get the emissary chest.

emissaryhotfix.png

Placeholder for tweet 803016811050475521
Placeholder for tweet 803017699211128832

36 minutes ago, PaasHaaS said:

I would appreciate a hotfix that removed the 'like the wind' quests. Horrible horrible stuff.

Haven't done it and went and had a look at it

So... essentially they introduced a world quest in which you can actually die in?

I am trying to see how this is a bad thing? ^^'

1 hour ago, PaasHaaS said:

I would appreciate a hotfix that removed the 'like the wind' quests. Horrible horrible stuff.

Ive completed both the Suramar and Azsuna "Like the Wind" world quests on 3 toons, and had done the Azsuna one a few days prior, and having said that, while it's certainly quite tedious and frustrating to get a handle on it and complete it the first time, I can assure you that all that trial and error pays off as the next time you encounter that world quest, it will be nowhere near as intimidating.

And because I'm all too aware that my enjoyment of these quests is a rarity among players, I can offer two tips that made the ordeal far less painless for myself:

1) Zoom your camera into very-close 3rd-person (or even 1st person); that way, you have a much more precise notion of exactly where your toon is at in case you find you need to fall into a sphere.

2) Hold down your right mouse button throughout the entire exercise. Doing so will cause your character to face the exact direction that the camera is facing, making it easier to aim your dash into a sphere.

And also, just keep in mind, while the quest is extremely fast-paced, the hardest part is getting into the proper groove to sail thru the route, but one you've got it down, it starts feeling surprisingly simple...

Oh and as for the prospect of falling to your death while failing, that happened to me once on the Suramar version several days back, but today I fell in the same area and hit the ground but rather than dying, my life dropped to 1, I was instantly ported back to the top of the waterfall, and my gear did not incur the 10% durability damage that comes with death... So I dunno.

In any case, I hope this helps some folks out in the future.

Edited by dogface
Fixed misspellings, minor editing

Couldnt agree more, but sometimes the issue was latency... you know those with horrible latency will be having hard times finishing these kind of wq...

a good game will see what other games are doing and may implement similar content, why in the hell the jump quests from maplestory seemed like a good idea is beyond me. those were bloody awful. especially the boosting mechanic and trying to orientate yourself in 3D space. i did what i could find but not without extreme amounts of profanity. those new WQ are just awful.

• Like 1

I personally liked those quests. 

Considering the other ones are so ridiculously easy...  Besides - its completely new territory for WOW in general, other than maybe the Havoc Hidden appearance fight?  Kael'thas, how many expansions ago...  Vortex Pinnacle...?

But even those are... vague comparisons.

5 hours ago, demonardvark said:

a good game will see what other games are doing and may implement similar content, why in the hell the jump quests from maplestory seemed like a good idea is beyond me. those were bloody awful. especially the boosting mechanic and trying to orientate yourself in 3D space. i did what i could find but not without extreme amounts of profanity. those new WQ are just awful.

It's like a nightmare. So many flashbacks.

32 minutes ago, Blainie said:

It's like a nightmare. So many flashbacks.

That might have been my problem, I had PTSD flashbacks to MS while doing them. Vanilla was so unforgiving and if you wanted your pink flowered earrings you had to suffer for hours!!! Was even worse on the mobile games XD. 

8 hours ago, demonardvark said:

That might have been my problem, I had PTSD flashbacks to MS while doing them. Vanilla was so unforgiving and if you wanted your pink flowered earrings you had to suffer for hours!!! Was even worse on the mobile games XD. 

Hey, I don't blame you tbh. I think those are fair things to have bad flashbacks to! :p

1 hour ago, ChaosDecides said:

Seems odd that the Nightfallen would get the least amount of reputation from the Kirin Tor emissary. Story-wise they are the most important to get to exalted.

I believe this was due to the fact that they wanted to ensure it stayed gated for long enough at the start of the expansion. Perhaps we'll see an increase to the 1500 on their token in the future since it doesn't really matter anymore.

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

I believe this was due to the fact that they wanted to ensure it stayed gated for long enough at the start of the expansion. Perhaps we'll see an increase to the 1500 on their token in the future since it doesn't really matter anymore.

Makes sense. Now they are just adding things each week as far as the questline is concerned.

Edited by ChaosDecides

On 11/29/2016 at 0:30 PM, ChaosDecides said:

Makes sense. Now they are just adding things each week as far as the questline is concerned.

Yeah, this was probably the better approach. I would expect that they thought people would then complain that there wasn't enough to do, whereas this way they could simply say "It's there, you just need to farm the rep!"