Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Mean Streets of Gadgetzan: All Cards Revealed

15 posts in this topic

QKtjpVU.jpg

Earlier on PlayHearthstone's Twitch channel, the rest of the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan cards were revealed. They also confirmed that the release date for the set will be December 1.

Frodan teamed up with Matt Place to play a series of show matches to reveal the new cards. The decks played where we could see the players' hand were: Grimy Goons Warrior, Reno Mage, Jade Golem Druid, and Reno Warlock.

The two things that stood out the most during the games, were that Grimy Goons decisions about whether to buff a Minion or to play your cards out look complex, and that Jade Golems look really powerful if you can stretch the game out long enough.

Things we learned:

The card symbol for each gang changes colour depending on which class is playing the card.

When Grimy Goons effects buff a card in hand, the opponent can see the which card is buffed.

The Spell generated with Kazakus can't produce the same effect twice.

The cards are available to view on Hearthstone's official facebook page. The VoD of the event is available here.

1 person likes this

I'm really glad they didn't stretch this out. They said "early December" and it's hard to be earlier than the first day! With so many releases left I was worried we would be stuck a couple weeks still.

1 person likes this

Druid Jade Golem looks really strong .. I'm wondering if like Hex/ Poly/ Tink/ Entomb stop C'thun from respawning via Doomcaller, will similar effects reset the Jade Golem mechanic .. 

Also entombing a 9/9 Jade Golem will it give a 9/9 or a 1/1?

Edited by peekaboo

6 hours ago, Laragon said:

I'm really glad they didn't stretch this out. They said "early December" and it's hard to be earlier than the first day! With so many releases left I was worried we would be stuck a couple weeks still.

In my mind, this shows that they have lots more planned for the future and so they are able to release things in a proper, timely fashion. Really glad to see it happening.

28 minutes ago, peekaboo said:

I would assume it works as entombing C'Thun does.

13 hours ago, Blainie said:

I would assume it works as entombing C'Thun does.

14 hours ago, peekaboo said:

Druid Jade Golem looks really strong .. I'm wondering if like Hex/ Poly/ Tink/ Entomb stop C'thun from respawning via Doomcaller, will similar effects reset the Jade Golem mechanic .. 

I'm assuming you would get a 9/9. Unlike C'thun, which gains buffs, it looks like the jade golem generates a larger version each time with a new casting cost, not buffed

19 minutes ago, Oddlane said:

I'm assuming you would get a 9/9. Unlike C'thun, which gains buffs, it looks like the jade golem generates a larger version each time with a new casting cost, not buffed

Exactly. The summoning phase is the one deciding how big will the Jade Golem be. Once it is a 6 mana 6/6, it will stay as a 6 mana 6/6. If it is returned by a Freezing Trap, it will be 8 mana 6/6. 

So if a Jade Golem was destroyed/resummoned by a moat lurker, it would come back as the same size that was destroyed? or the next size larger?

1 hour ago, Allegro said:

So if a Jade Golem was destroyed/resummoned by a moat lurker, it would come back as the same size that was destroyed? or the next size larger?

From what I have read, the Jade Golem will come back in the size it left the board (when it was destroyed by Moat Lurker), except for buffs, of course.
So, if Moat Lurker destroys a 7/7 Jade Golem, the Golem should come back as a 7/7. 

As far as I understand after you summon the first jade golem it automatically changes the card scripts of the jade golem cards to summon the next higher up golem, so unless Hex/Poly/ Tink over write that script I think its a scary mechanic ..

So many questions regarding the mechanics of this so unclear ..

I am very interested in one thing - should I shadowstep a jade golem, will playing him give +1\+1 to the next jade golem?

Edited by Strongpoint

53 minutes ago, Strongpoint said:

I am very interested in one thing - should I shadowstep a jade golem, will playing him give +1\+1 to the next jade golem?

It seems likely that this will be the case.

Can't wait to get solid answers to all the JG questions tbh.

On 11/30/2016 at 5:19 AM, L0rinda said:

It seems likely that this will be the case.

From what I've seen, no.  Its not the jade golems themselves that ramp up the size, but the cards that create them.  

So Shadowstepping a 7/7 jade golem gives you a 7/7 jade golem card in hand with no bonus to your next one.  But play a Jade Spirit to get a 7/7 golem means the next card that creates a golem makes an 8/8 one. Shadowstep the Jade Spirit and the next time you play it gets you that 8/8.

2 people like this

12 hours ago, Allegro said:

From what I've seen, no.  Its not the jade golems themselves that ramp up the size, but the cards that create them.  

So Shadowstepping a 7/7 jade golem gives you a 7/7 jade golem card in hand with no bonus to your next one.  But play a Jade Spirit to get a 7/7 golem means the next card that creates a golem makes an 8/8 one. Shadowstep the Jade Spirit and the next time you play it gets you that 8/8.

Yep, pretty much this. 

The big mistake I made when looking into it pre-expansion was the same as others. I wasn't thinking in terms of cards, but minions instead!