FORUMS
Damien

Jade Druid Standard

5 hours ago, Guest running 4 ramps? said:

lol

Don't see why not. You want to ramp up quickly and overwhelm your opponent in the early late-game and if that does not work, simply keep playing the jade cards and win the value game.

1 hour ago, Ithilrandir said:

Haven't visited this site for a long time due to personal reasons.

So anyone has success with this deck on ladder?

The new cards just came out yesterday, so its a little early to tell.

Guest DaveG44

If I remember right, the new Druid Legendary (Kun) was used during the Gadgetzan preview stream in their Jade Druid deck. Why is it not included here?

3 hours ago, Guest DaveG44 said:

If I remember right, the new Druid Legendary (Kun) was used during the Gadgetzan preview stream in their Jade Druid deck. Why is it not included here?

He isn't beneficial to the deck's goal as much as other cards in the deck can be. The card feels too slow (too expensive) in this deck from my experience. Could be only me though, and the card could work for you quite well. if you decide to try the card out, please tell us your results with it, thanks.

1 hour ago, Allegro said:

How well would Brann work in here?  Double the golems from Jade Spirit, Jade Behemoth, and Aya.

Brann Bronzebeard should work quite well in theory. I will ask Sottle why the card is not included in the deck.

5 hours ago, positiv2 said:

He isn't beneficial to the deck's goal as much as other cards in the deck can be. The card feels too slow (too expensive) in this deck from my experience. Could be only me though, and the card could work for you quite well. if you decide to try the card out, please tell us your results with it, thanks.

Supporting this to show it's not only you. Played two mirrors of Jade vs Jade that ran the legendary, by the time they played their refill combo, I was ready to win. From a survival perspective (clutch moment of restoring health) against aggro decks, just compare it to Feral Rage. 

I actually played this deck for a while, but I feel that this deck is too slow.
It is very hard to out tempo a midrange shaman or hunter. Not only that, against combo decks like freeze mage or miracle rogue, this deck does not have enough health gain to actually survive their combo, because of how slow the deck play style is.

This deck only shines in a control matchup, which is very unlikely, since all the warriors I've met so far are the new pirate warrior, which just trashes this deck

In my opinion, the shaman and rogue version of the jade lotus deck probably will perform much better. In the current meta, provided that the meta isn't swarming with aggro pirates.

2 hours ago, Ithilrandir said:

It is very hard to out tempo a midrange shaman or hunter.

That's because this deck isn't supposed to out tempo a deck, but rather out value it. That's why this deck should not be played in a meta swarmed with fast decks, sadly.

2 hours ago, Ithilrandir said:

Not only that, against combo decks like freeze mage or miracle rogue, this deck does not have enough health gain to actually survive their combo

You should save your Feral Rage for the turn after mage plays Alexstrasza, or if you feel you are in danger. This way the damage mage deal before it just goes to waste.

1 minute ago, positiv2 said:

That's because this deck isn't supposed to out tempo a deck, but rather out value it. That's why this deck should not be played in a meta swarmed with fast decks, sadly.

You should save your Feral Rage for the turn after mage plays Alexstrasza, or if you feel you are in danger. This way the damage mage deal before it just goes to waste.

I did. I even used both my feral rage for armour. Still does not out last their burn. Pyro,double bolt,double icelance, double fireball, forgotten torch and flaming torch.

Just now, Ithilrandir said:

I did. I even used both my feral rage for armour. Still does not out last their burn. Pyro,double bolt,double icelance, double fireball, forgotten torch and flaming torch.

In that case you could try the new Druid legendary, Kun. 10 extra health should be more than enough to keep you alive. You should also play more aggressively against freeze mage. I don't really have issues when playing against it with jade Druid.

Guest JohnnieBlue

I have used this deck now for about 25 games.  Its terrible. cant get a win to save my life.  I make a few tweaks to try to improve, adding health buffs, card draws and the like. 

If you can get perfect draws and play a complete idiot or have them go afk you can pull out a win but if they have played the game even once your going to lose. 

Dont waste your time with it. 

11 hours ago, Ithilrandir said:

Imo the shaman or the rogue ones are more consistent.

Rogue ramps their Jade up with total junk. Shaman has a little bit better junk, but they are still mediocre at best. Druid is miles ahead of these two in terms of consistency at least.

You can still play the tempo game pretty well, I'd say even better than Malygos Druid, because you have more mana acceleration and actually things to spend mana on other than removal. And your spells move your Arcane Giant play just as well. If you feel that you struggle against board-centric decks, tech in taunts like Ancient of War of more synergistic Sunfury Protector.

As far as Freeze matchup goes, playing it for 15 turns is a certain death anyways, and responsibility for it is held by either poor draw or poor piloting. Reflect on your games and pick one, but I assure you choosing first gives you no room for improvement.

1 hour ago, Guest JohnnieBlue said:

I have used this deck now for about 25 games.  Its terrible. cant get a win to save my life.  I make a few tweaks to try to improve, adding health buffs, card draws and the like. 

If you can get perfect draws and play a complete idiot or have them go afk you can pull out a win but if they have played the game even once your going to lose. 

Dont waste your time with it. 

Please upload a few replays to see whether it truly is the fault of the deck, as you claim, or if the issue lies within you, which is what I claim, since I do not experience issues playing this deck. Until you provide a replay or a constructive criticism, your post is completely useless.

Guest Dixon

Brann needs to be included in this deck. I took out an Azure Drake for him. Brann and Fandral ramp your Jade Golems very quickly. 

I was playing this with Raven Idols instead of Living Roots. Bad idea. Roots give you the ability to deal with early aggro minions. 

I threw in two Moonglade Portals instead of Arcane Giants. I found I needed more healing. There have been close games where I've used both. 

9 hours ago, Guest Runek said:

Jade spirit is a neutal card, not druid specific

But at the same time it is a (tri-)class card. The decision was to list them as class cards, though we might change it later.

Guest Modulo

Have played a similar list; like it very much (though I'm at too low of a rank to really estimate the deck's power). 

Happy to see that it's not only me running Feral Rage in this shell; have seen many druids omitting it for reasons not apparent to me.

My list is -2 Arcane Giant, -1 Emperor Thaurissan, -1 Gadgetzan Auctioneer; +2 Raven Idol, +1 Bloodmage Thalnos, +1 Mulch. Arcane Giants were a necessary omission for me as I don't have Karazhan (I had stopped playing for about half a year) and I could see them played over Raven Idols. Thaurissan and Gadgetzan felt too slow to me; the time you use to get them running is better spent doing different things IMO. 

Mulch is a tech card to get a tempo swing in the mirror or to grab the board against Dragon Priest; it's also the Druid's best answer to stuff like Ragnaros. That being said, I don't feel too strongly about it and Thalnos (though Thalnos' spell damage increase has been really good to me). Brann could be decent I think, but he really needs one of the 7 cards for Golems. Think Brann's better in a Rogue or Shaman version as they might have more useful battlecries. 

9 hours ago, Guest Dixon said:

Brann needs to be included in this deck. I took out an Azure Drake for him. Brann and Fandral ramp your Jade Golems very quickly. 

I threw in two Moonglade Portals instead of Arcane Giants. I found I needed more healing. There have been close games where I've used both. 

Brann only has synergy with Spirit and Behemoth, which I believe to be not enough to warrant his inclusion. He also will die a lot and you won't capitalize on him much until it's too late in the game.

Ancient of War is a better defensive option if you do not run Arcane Giant. Portals are good with them.

3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

But at the same time it is a (tri-)class card. The decision was to list them as class cards, though we might change it later.

I vote for neutral, because if we delve in technicalities, they have cross-class applicability, like the neutrals, and they are, in fact, on neutral pages in-game. 

And seeing them on neutral side just makes navigating through decklists more easy. Class cards are, in fact, reserved for that class only.