FORUMS
Damien

Jade Druid Standard

23 minutes ago, Paracel said:

Brann only has synergy with Spirit and Behemoth, which I believe to be not enough to warrant his inclusion. He also will die a lot and you won't capitalize on him much until it's too late in the game.

Ancient of War is a better defensive option if you do not run Arcane Giant. Portals are good with them.

I vote for neutral, because if we delve in technicalities, they have cross-class applicability, like the neutrals, and they are, in fact, on neutral pages in-game. 

And seeing them on neutral side just makes navigating through decklists more easy. Class cards are, in fact, reserved for that class only.

Aya Blackpaw?

Uhmm, I havent played this deck for even one game since I dont have the cards mostly.

But, I played a lot against this. This deck feel awful lot like a dragon deck. Either my opponent have the cards at the point he needs them, and just destroys me, or cant find any and die playing a golem 2/2 at most.

Also, I'd go with neutral too, just as Paracel mentioned, even though people can just search the cards, putting them into neutral is just more practical, because they are under neutral in collection.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2016 at 11:19 PM, positiv2 said:

He isn't beneficial to the deck's goal as much as other cards in the deck can be. The card feels too slow (too expensive) in this deck from my experience. Could be only me though, and the card could work for you quite well. if you decide to try the card out, please tell us your results with it, thanks.

Brann Bronzebeard should work quite well in theory. I will ask Sottle why the card is not included in the deck.

I change Emperor with Brann... It works for me

Guest Charlotte

I only plays druid in ranked got over 30000 wins and currently rank 3 in europe.

Before expansion I was really looking forward to have jade druid deck. However i started playing it I realized it was really weak compared to other decks i play. Its bad against zoo/discard lock(you dont have small drops to contest board). Its bad against midrange hunter (cant really deal with savanna highmain on turn 6). Bad against new reno mage. Bad against new buff paladin. 

Yes its good against control decks such as control priest and control warrior. But when youre playing as cthun druid youll own priest and warrior just cuz of youre big treads.

I tryed this deck with so many versions. For example a vversion with reno version with ancient of war version with nzoth (btw nzoth+sylvanas+aya is quite good) and even tryed to include 1 defender of argus to gain more life and tryed moon portal none of them is just not working. Currently I got sad 120-32 record. Compared to 2598-1240 cthun druid and 3908-1271 malygos druid 1208-319 beast/violet teacher druid its just not working. (Btw I always makes notes of my decks winrate wins loses and matchups)

The answer to why Brann Bronzebeard is not present in the deck is that this build uses Arcane Giants as it's main "sudden" threat. There will be another version of the deck released very soon with Brann Bronzebeard as the main threat, and will include an Ancient of War as a defensive tool, like Paracel said.

2 hours ago, Guest Charlotte said:

I only plays druid in ranked got over 30000 wins and currently rank 3 in europe.

Before expansion I was really looking forward to have jade druid deck. However i started playing it I realized it was really weak compared to other decks i play. Its bad against zoo/discard lock(you dont have small drops to contest board). Its bad against midrange hunter (cant really deal with savanna highmain on turn 6). Bad against new reno mage. Bad against new buff paladin. 

Yes its good against control decks such as control priest and control warrior. But when youre playing as cthun druid youll own priest and warrior just cuz of youre big treads.

I tryed this deck with so many versions. For example a vversion with reno version with ancient of war version with nzoth (btw nzoth+sylvanas+aya is quite good) and even tryed to include 1 defender of argus to gain more life and tryed moon portal none of them is just not working. Currently I got sad 120-32 record. Compared to 2598-1240 cthun druid and 3908-1271 malygos druid 1208-319 beast/violet teacher druid its just not working. (Btw I always makes notes of my decks winrate wins loses and matchups)

Could you please provide a proof that you indeed have over 30k ranked wins and are #3 in Europe, especially if you are located in Mongolia?

6 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

Aya Blackpaw?

I admit I forgot that one. IMO a difference between 4 and 5 is still fairly marginal in this context. Naturally, you already have things to do with your mana once you get to big numbers, and having slightly more of such things which effectually net you a single golem, maybe two, is not worth investing a deck slot. 

3 hours ago, masamune said:

I change Emperor with Brann... It works for me

Emperor's synergy with all things Druid is a historical fact. He gives you bigger Gadgetzan Auctioneer turns, which can be devastating in this deck and the ones who need actual help, because a lot of the time the goblin feels pretty mediocre, while being just solid Emperor on its own. Once again, I state my position that Brann is a peg that you don't necessarily need. My additional concerns come from the fact Druid cards are traditionally Choose One, not Battlecry, which reduces the output of Bronzebeard even further.

40 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

The answer to why Brann Bronzebeard is not present in the deck is that this build uses Arcane Giants as it's main "sudden" threat. There will be another version of the deck released very soon with Brann Bronzebeard as the main threat, and will include an Ancient of War as a defensive tool, like Paracel said.

That's a good point as well. And yeah, you know, 'cane Giants are still pimp.

I actually enjoy seeing new builds but I have a hard time actually tracking them. Can you guys do some forum magic to make all the stuff more digestible, like, make a round-up when you're done or something?

11 minutes ago, Paracel said:

I actually enjoy seeing new builds but I have a hard time actually tracking them. Can you guys do some forum magic to make all the stuff more digestible, like, make a round-up when you're done or something?

We have changelog for this, but sure, we could do a round-up.

What about Lunar Visions instead of Nourish? I'm running one of each and I'm leaning towards Lunar Visions. 

Edited by Prelude

10 hours ago, Prelude said:

What about Lunar Visions instead of Nourish? I'm running one of each and I'm leaning towards Lunar Visions. 

I don't know how much mana Lunar Visions should generate to overvalue a card. And with 12 creatures, you're barely above 1/3 chance to hit, which is a rough estimation but also a rough equivalent of drawing an Innervate as one your your 3 from Nourish. Except you still can whiff and draw Innervate normally.

Nourish is de-facto the best card draw engine in the game. You don't need to cut it at all.

You also have utility with mana mode and a chance to make any early Fandral an instant game win.

Against Control matchups such as Control Warrior, it is often best to add more copies of the card to your deck. Over the long term though you will need to assess how many copies of the card you have remaining in the deck when you draw each one. In most scenarios the best pattern against Control is to shuffle extra copies into the deck, then play out copies for pressure on the board, then fall back on adding more to the keep with your final copy if you need more pressure.

Isn't it pretty much always better to summon in the early turns of the game, even against control?

Summoning early means all future golems are +1/1 better off + you only need the 1 remaining copy to win the fatigue game later in the game anyway, so why give up the tempo and dilute your deck so early in the game?

13 minutes ago, PaasHaaS said:

Isn't it pretty much always better to summon in the early turns of the game, even against control?

Summoning early means all future golems are +1/1 better off + you only need the 1 remaining copy to win the fatigue game later in the game anyway, so why give up the tempo and dilute your deck so early in the game?

This is a common misconception, much like the original idea to shuffle early.

By investing a Jade Idol into shuffling early, you lose some tempo and dilute your deck, that's a fact. The question is whether you want tempo from a 1/1 dude, a pump and how much this "dilution" hurts you.

My perception of this relies on the fact a lot of Druid cards are not effective in your Control matchups. You don't really want to see a ton of Swipes, Wraths, Vates and Growthes in your first couple of draws, especially if you have them in hand already.

So what I'm asking myself is "do I want my next card to be Jade Idol more than others?" 

And Jade Idol is gas against Control. I'd like all my topdecks bar couple to be Jade Idols.

So, this is why I do t1 shuffle and I feel like I am doing the right thing.

As far as the tempo goes, I don't think that you get a lot of pay off if your hand is initially Jade-light. Shuffling here may be a best play in this worst-case scenario, again, to start the train rolling. This card is a one man army. If you have a natural follow-up, then yeah, shuffling is worse. You should make this decision based on the contents of your hand.

I would never shuffle in a defensive scenario, because my access to removal is so crucial, and Druid removal is already bad. 

Guest Leonmorte

So, no aya as of yet, but I do have the rest of the deck, any suggestions for swaps?

4 hours ago, Guest Leonmorte said:

So, no aya as of yet, but I do have the rest of the deck, any suggestions for swaps?

You can benefit from a defensive card, like Ancient of War. It also doubles up as a beater.

Or just slot in a copy of Raven Idol. It increases overall consistency of the deck, albeit I'm not sure if singleton is that effective.

I am rather new to playing hearthstone but have watched it for quite some time. I have picked Jade Druid as my first deck and have been playing it on a budget. I've managed to work myself up to rank 14 playing very casually, maybe 5 games a night. So far I have Brann and Aya as far as legendarys  go for my deck. I think both fit nicely especially when working together if you can save them to play together. Brann also works as a useful taunt against an aggro deck when your getting wrecked and need to stall. I  am also running Rag right now because I do not have Fandral yet but he has managed to win some games, however he can be very hard to play when your playing from behind. 

I am torn on wether to craft Emperor next or fandral, any suggestion ? Emperor seems pretty clutch considering the multiple 5 or 6 mana cards. Oh and im running druid of the claw x2 which I feel is so important for this deck. I am attaching a screenshot of my deck if you guys could give me any pointers. 

Cheers

Hearthstone Screenshot 12-19-16 03.02.52.png

2 hours ago, Gorehak said:

I am torn on wether to craft Emperor next or fandral, any suggestion ?

If you intend to play druid often, then Fandral Staghelm is a sure investment. He is a key card in almost all high-level druid decks.

I am rather new to playing hearthstone but have watched it for quite some time. I have picked Jade Druid as my first deck and have been playing it on a budget. I've managed to work myself up to rank 14 playing very casually, maybe 5 games a night. So far I have Brann and Aya as far as legendarys  go for my deck. I think both fit nicely especially when working together if you can save them to play together. Brann also works as a useful taunt against an aggro deck when your getting wrecked and need to stall. I  am also running Rag right now because I do not have Fandral yet but he has managed to win some games, however he can be very hard to play when your playing from behind. 

I am torn on wether to craft Emperor next or fandral, any suggestion ? Emperor seems pretty clutch considering the multiple 5 or 6 mana cards. Oh and im running druid of the claw x2 which I feel is so important for this deck. I am attaching a screenshot of my deck if you guys could give me any pointers. 

Cheers

Hearthstone Screenshot 12-19-16 03.02.52.png

Craft Emperor Thaurissan? That is a part of Blackrock Mountain adventure, so you don't craft it, unless you already obtained it then dusted it.

Why one Swipe, it is like the only viable board clear-ish card druid has, also Azure Drake is a great card, you may want to ad two copies of it if you have it, if not try to get one as soon as possible. Maybe take out one of the Druid of the Claw and the Raven Idol

Theoretically, Ragnaros the Firelord could fit here, yes, but the main weakness of this deck is aggro decks, as it has little to no early game most of the time, and Rag doesn't solve it.

For the legendaries part, go with Fandral Staghelm, not just if you are between him and Emperor, but most other cards too. Deck has some powerful choose one cards, like Nourish (which is ridiculous with Fandral Staghelm), Jade IdolAncient of War and some more, and in general Fandral is definitely one of the best class legendaries in the game (I would definitely put him in top 3), and you can see it in most druid decks.

One last thing, I don't think Emperor Thaurissan would have a big impact on this deck. It is not a combo deck, you have some high mana cards, yes, but not many, actually, if you take out Rag, you have a one 7-mana and 4 6-mana cards, it is not enough to spend a slot for the Emperor.

Cheers

15 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

Craft Emperor Thaurissan? That is a part of Blackrock Mountain adventure, so you don't craft it, unless you already obtained it then dusted it.

Why one Swipe, it is like the only viable board clear-ish card druid has, also Azure Drake is a great card, you may want to ad two copies of it if you have it, if not try to get one as soon as possible. Maybe take out one of the Druid of the Claw and the Raven Idol

Theoretically, Ragnaros the Firelord could fit here, yes, but the main weakness of this deck is aggro decks, as it has little to no early game most of the time, and Rag doesn't solve it.

For the legendaries part, go with Fandral Staghelm, not just if you are between him and Emperor, but most other cards too. Deck has some powerful choose one cards, like Nourish (which is ridiculous with Fandral Staghelm), Jade IdolAncient of War and some more, and in general Fandral is definitely one of the best class legendaries in the game (I would definitely put him in top 3), and you can see it in most druid decks.

One last thing, I don't think Emperor Thaurissan would have a big impact on this deck. It is not a combo deck, you have some high mana cards, yes, but not many, actually, if you take out Rag, you have a one 7-mana and 4 6-mana cards, it is not enough to spend a slot for the Emperor.

Thanks for your input, I have tried the variations you suggested minus the Fandral of course,Taking forever to save up another 1600 dust :(. I was running two swipes and really wasn't having a ton of success with it. I have been relying on Raven Idols for removal and it has been extremely disappointing most of the time. Do you think it could work to drop the Raven idols for another drake and swipe untill I get fandral? 

Thanks for your input, I have tried the variations you suggested minus the Fandral of course,Taking forever to save up another 1600 dust :(. I was running two swipes and really wasn't having a ton of success with it. I have been relying on Raven Idols for removal and it has been extremely disappointing most of the time. Do you think it could work to drop the Raven idols for another drake and swipe untill I get fandral? 

Sure. After you get Fandral Staghelm, you might want to replace Ragnaros the Firelord as the card is not that good in an aggro meta, just like FanOfValeera said. If you have Arcane Giant, you could try including one right now, until you get Fandral Staghelm.

7 hours ago, RIPAX said:

Is it viable this deck without Aya?

It's the only card that I don't have

Yes, but you will be losing 2 Jade Golems, which is a big deal in the late-game and in mirrors. To compensate for this, you should run Brann Bronzebeard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toh said:

Nice deck. Worket well for me. Remove comment about Azure drake.

Thanks for pointing this out. We'll remove the mention shortly.