Damien

Midrange Beast Hunter Standard

15 posts in this topic

The Value vs. Tempo section twice mentions Getaway Kodo instead of Dispatch Kodo.

I'm impressed that you managed to publish this many decks on release day.

Paragraph 3.1.1, should be Dispatch Kodo, not Getaway Kodo.

Looks like a fun deck, and relatively cheap to play. I'll be experimenting with this over the weekend.

5 hours ago, zifmia said:

The Value vs. Tempo section twice mentions Getaway Kodo instead of Dispatch Kodo.

I'm impressed that you managed to publish this many decks on release day.

I suppose you see the downsides of publishing so many decks - there are slight issues with the guide, though they should be resolved soon. Thank you and @Allegro for pointing it out!

11 hours ago, Allegro said:

Looks like a fun deck, and relatively cheap to play. I'll be experimenting with this over the weekend.

It's honestly fairly solid. It finally allows you to play to Knife Juggler's strengths again, rather than watching him die with little to no impact.

Poor pleb who doesn't have Karazhan here. Any suggestions for a Kindly Grandmother swap? I was thinking something like 2x Huge Toad or maybe even one Desert Camel, one Huge Toad (DC to make up some of the Knife Juggler potential lost with no KG).

2 hours ago, Guest HBH said:

Poor pleb who doesn't have Karazhan here. Any suggestions for a Kindly Grandmother swap? I was thinking something like 2x Huge Toad or maybe even one Desert Camel, one Huge Toad (DC to make up some of the Knife Juggler potential lost with no KG).

Huge Toad is a very good swap.

How's everyone getting on with this deck?

After 50 games I'm 60% win rate from rank 20-15

I loose badly to warriors ( 1-5) but everything else is fair enough

Enjoying it so far

1.png

2.png

Edited by Jonesyy

The main thing I would change is the mulligan.  Unleash the Hounds and Knife Juggler are great for regaining the board against a bunch of small/medium minions, but against Druid, you need to be the one leading with tempo and forcing your opponent to respond.  If you can do that successfully, then you'll have enough bodies on the board to either take out a big threat or hit face and end the game before the big threat can be relevant.  Tossing those two cards back would make it more likely for you to have 1-drops like Alleycat, Smuggler's Crate (into a 2-drop), and Fiery bat.

Hi again everyone. First off I want to thank everyone on this site who helped me last season for all the great advice I made it to a solid rank 9 and I am happy with that. 

On the next note I was wondering is anyone else outraged by the fact that hunter is now a dead class? Here is what I mean by this. The hunter class itself is built on 1 of 2 options. Face and midrange. Face is fine because you usually get alot of aggro cards early with hunter decks and are able to rush them out and overwhelm. Midrange is good for a little control until a specific combo is met for the win. Usually damage spells combo. But both of those decktypes face a huge problem now.  There is now ZERO chance of killing anyone early! And by the time the midrange option hits that is when everyone else now flurishes. They have more cards than you and EVERYONE has bigger clear damage spells and creatures. 

I mean look at it this way. The biggest field clear spell that hunter has is the explosive trap card that does a measly 2 damage to all the enemy creatures. Last season this was usefull. This season it is useless. Barely any creatures go out with 4 or less health anymore. Everyone is midrange. Everyone is taunts. Everyone is heals. And EVERYONE is DRAWS. There is a rediculous amount of draw cards for each and every class except 1 and that is hunter. 

I have narrowed down the reason for this major hunter weakness to 2 things. Lack of draws spells and cards for the hunter class (that would go along with the new meta). And a disappointing lack of clear damage spells. Is it really fair to give priests who already have huge clearing spells a card that does 5 damage to every creature except theirs? Especially while hunter got no spells of the sort. Pumping up creatures is fine and dandy but it is of zero use is everyone else is built against them.

Warriors are just rediculous now. Mages have too many spells and draws they out last any face hunter and insta kill anything a midrange throws out. Warlocks are just impossible now. Druids have a million things to throw out early which either counters every single face hunter or just face hunts the midrange decks. Giving the rogues an extra coin when they already had basically 3 in their decks was just rediculous, not needed, and extrememly stupid on the side of blizzard.  Paladins have sort of the same issues as hunters but they were already better equipped. I would guess they are second worst right now with hunters being the worst. Shamans I have not seen many of but I assume they are down here with the hunters and paladins. But at least they have the ability to add windfury and draw to their decks. 

Blizzard has severely screwed hunters and I am hoping against hope the next adventure fixes that. I am think about leaving and not coming back until at least reno leaves standard mainly because that card is the ultimate hunter killer. You waste all your cards face hunting or mid ranging and then reno comes out and with no draw you are dead useless crap just waiting to die. 

Anyways that is my season rant. Not angry just extremely disappointed

11 hours ago, Guest ThisRandomGuy said:

On the next note I was wondering is anyone else outraged by the fact that hunter is now a dead class?

Not really. I remember the times when hunter was pretty much the only class on ladder, similar to pre-MSG shaman, which is why I don't really miss him. For the same reason I don't miss paladin as much as I miss rogue.

17 hours ago, Guest ThisRandomGuy said:

On the next note I was wondering is anyone else outraged by the fact that hunter is now a dead class?

I wouldn't say outraged, but I agree with a vast majority of what you're saying. I don't think I've won a ranked game against a Kabal class since MSG dropped. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor