FORUMS
Damien

Questing Miracle Rogue Standard

Loved Questing Rogue before MSG and love it still. 
This version has some aggro early game which give you more breathing room and tactics depending on what your playing against.
Just like before I like to keep Questing in my hand and mulligan for it, even vs aggro opponents. You need to have some balls though.

See the replay  in the link. ^_^
Turn 5 was awkward I traded in on the spell power totem because Lave Burst still exists. 
Made a good comeback after a really good aggro start of my opponent. But Questing Adventurer saved my ass once again!

https://hsreplay.net/replay/7s5w3GbmZgsNKT3MeKk2tH

Edited by Aexra

Guest Spooky Wolf

The lack of Thalnos in any Rogue deck suprises me, I guess the spell damage is mostly irrelevant against 1 health pirates?

1 hour ago, Keizoku said:

If you are encountering lots of Pirate decks, you might want to look at this variant of the deck. It cuts out SI:7 Agent for (you guessed it) Bloodmage Thalnos and The Aggro Magnet in order to have more options to deal with those pesky sea dogs.

Everytime you write Leeroy, I learn a new way to describe it. Keep up the good work :)

51 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

I don't have Tomb Pillager - what do u think of replacing him with Arcane Giant?

It could be alright since the deck is already running double Conceal. The issue is that the deck does not run enough spells that can be used before you drop the Arcane Giants, meaning that their mana cost will still be high(-ish). You could consider running cards from the other build - Leeroy Jenkins and Bloodmage Thalnos. You could also try some spells to replace The Coin from Tomb Pillager, such as Shiv. You could also go with tech cards - Dark Iron Skulker or Acidic Swamp Ooze.

I realy like playing this deck.

It is way more satisfying winning this way compared to a "stupid" pirate aggro warrior deck imo.

I would have loved to see this warriors face:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/LTdXwkptxcHRhEi9h56oGj

(But I have to admit - winning with Pirate Warrior isn't as easy as I thought. After 21 games I have just 11 wins with pirate warrior. With the rogue deck my win ratio is way better. But obviously the number of games isn't realy that huge until now)

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Guest Alex said:

any substitution for edwin? is the only card i miss from this deck

I would recommend Bloodmage Thalnos or Leeroy Jenkins, or if your budget is limited, you could try the second Swashburglar Keizoku mentioned, or an Acidic Swamp Ooze to help you win against pirate warriors, who seem to be pretty much an even matchup.

Guest Alex
On 28.12.2016 at 10:06 AM, Keizoku said:

Shiv, a second Counterfeit Coin or a second Swashburglar. Be aware though that those are rather poor substitutes and that you should make crafting Edwin VanCleef a top priority if you want to play this deck.

thank you for convincing me to craft edwin. this deck might not be as good as those running thalanos and leeroy (i might be wrong, first time miracle player here) but it's the best fun i've had in this game. i still have to learn playing this deck but i quite enjoy it at ranks 12-10.

58 minutes ago, Guest Alex said:

thank you for convincing me to craft edwin. this deck might not be as good as those running thalanos and leeroy (i might be wrong, first time miracle player here) but it's the best fun i've had in this game. i still have to learn playing this deck but i quite enjoy it at ranks 12-10.

If you get/have Leeroy Jenkins or Bloodmage Thalnos, you can swap them in for SI:7 Agents and see which playstyle you prefer.

7 hours ago, Aoshi said:

Patches the Pirate is very important on this deck? Just missing him, but dunno if i spend 1600 dust on him.

Patches the Pirate is indeed a very powerful card and I recommend crafting it, especially when it's used in so many decks. In the meantime, you can use a second SwashburglarLeeroy Jenkins or Bloodmage Thalnos.

39 minutes ago, cooolconnor said:

im pretty sure Red Mana Wyrm would work

Red Mana Wyrm is too slow. Edwin VanCleef's low cost allows him to be a part of a bigger combo, allowing him to be huge in just one turn. Red Mana Wyrm does not have such option as it costs two mana crystals more. Additionally, 6 health on turn 5 is not that hard to deal with. You also can't afford to drop Red Mana Wyrm as a 2/6, unlike dropping Edwin VanCleef as a 4/4. Lastly, Red Mana Wyrm grows too slowly, gaining only 2 attack per spell (not even a card), making it a not-so-good card into this aggressive deck, sadly.