FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dotzon

Frost DK, Trinkets?

Hello Friends!

Recently rerolled frost from unholy, having a hard time figuring out which trinkets i should use, both for ST and cleave.

I got:

875 Memento - This should be given i think.

890 Urn - using this atm.

875 Chrono shard.

880 socketet ursoc paw.

860 eye of command.

855 darkmoon,

My stat weights are around 21% haste, 30ish% critt And 33-34% mastery while using urn.

I would guess im using the best ones for most fights, but i see so many DKs on logs using the ursoc one and eye of command, even if its low ilvl.

Cheers!

First I'd like to ask if you're using the chestpiece off of NIghtbane? If not, I'd go with Memento+Urn for all occasions. My 875 Urn simmed slightly better than 860 Eye, so yours is quite amazing. Your Paw will be very close to the Memento. Your haste might need a bit of a boost to around 24% though. Good luck! Welcome to Frost, hope they fix UH now!

Sorry it took me a little to reply. 

100% the urn, then Angryboda. Unless you have the nightbane chest, if you have the nightbane chest use EoC and Urn. Boda can/is a great trinket with that said though they are Rppm so random and can very well not always yield the same results.

got a question about my trinkets too.

using 880 ursoc with socket along with 860 eoc.

i have:

875 chain (1557str/1024 vers)

865 horn (3403 str for 30 sec/986 vers)

870 terrorbound nexus (mostly use this for aoe)

am i correct to use the combination i am using?

i got 20% haste and 25% crit.

eye of command, I prefer using momento, as I have a general dislike for on use trinkets. ursocs is OK. but the bleed is really weak. so its more of a stat stick.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 7:47 AM, Dotzon said:

Hello Friends!

Recently rerolled frost from unholy, having a hard time figuring out which trinkets i should use, both for ST and cleave.

I got:

875 Memento - This should be given i think.

890 Urn - using this atm.

875 Chrono shard.

880 socketet ursoc paw.

860 eye of command.

855 darkmoon,

My stat weights are around 21% haste, 30ish% critt And 33-34% mastery while using urn.

I would guess im using the best ones for most fights, but i see so many DKs on logs using the ursoc one and eye of command, even if its low ilvl.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Metabolic said:

got a question about my trinkets too.

using 880 ursoc with socket along with 860 eoc.

i have:

875 chain (1557str/1024 vers)

865 horn (3403 str for 30 sec/986 vers)

870 terrorbound nexus (mostly use this for aoe)

am i correct to use the combination i am using?

i got 20% haste and 25% crit.

momento, and eye of command, the eye is BIS until you get to nighthold.

Edited by drakne
stuff

Eye of command for frost is by far bis atm, with its effect it allows you some leeway as far as stat prior goes,  allowing you to still hit the crucial crit break point without having to stack to much with gear, currently there are not to many fights other than maybe oydn due to all the movement where u cant maintain 98%+ uptime on it please note i'm referring to mostly mythic based content.

tbh it really depends after eye what trinket is used, especially as sims for trinkets are abit messed up imo,  take memento for example an 880 will parse higher than 880 chains of valorous with w/e extra stat , mostly due to its rng effect on it.

u could go for a pure stat stick ie ursoc,chains,memento w/e or if u are someone who has for example: torvans whiteout bracers and are stacking mastery to get the most out of your POF windows, and using glacial advance talent over obliteration, u might want something with mastery over pure str.  I have played with many variations my self. just be careful with sim's and if ur really interested do tests as a majority do via dummy or raid spamming.

just my 2cents

Edited by Kro