FORUMS
Omalley

Tooltips not working

I've so far tried Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge on my PC and on my Macbook I've tried Safari and Firefox. And as of right now the only one that would show tooltips for me was Firefox while on my Macbook. I've not tried it on my PC but I know I use to be able to see the tooltips while using Chrome on my PC. I've always used Chrome too, but for about the last month now I've been unable to see any tooltips. I don't know if it is related to a setting or what.

Tooltips work fine for me on all 3 mentioned web browsers. Are you encountering this issue in forums, in guides, or both?

Don't know if this is only a mac-specific issue, but opening an article will load tooltips, but after I refresh the page they won't load.

Just a few extra questions:

• Is this specifically for WoW?
  • Does it happen for any other games?

The more information we get, the faster that our team can fix it!

Showing tooltips when hovering with a mouse stopped to work for me too on Mac. WoW tooltips (didn't look into other games) for sure but it was actually not only on IV but on MMOC too so for some reason I assumed that it's a wowdb problem rather that of a specific site.

A not related note: these wowdb links are a bit (a lot) annoying because every time you need more than a basic ability tooltip, you have to click additional time to move to wowhead.

Okay, just to help clarify. I said both Mac and PC. Indicating that I'm having the issue across both platforms. And this is for the website too, not in game. It is happening whenever I hover my mouse over any of the WoW content since that is all I use this site for. I tested on my PC which is what I mainly use btw, not my Mac, but I tested on my PC both Chrome and Edge and no luck. Then like I said, I got on my Mac to test it too and on my Mac Safari doesn't work but Firefox did. I have not bothered to test Firefox on my PC yet.

16 hours ago, Omalley said:

From what I can tell, it's the whole website

Thanks for all your info Omalley! We'll do our best to get it fixed ASAP :) If you encounter anything new that temporarily fixes it or changes how it interacts, just let us know here!

I am encountering this issue with Firefox only and only on this domain.
Tooltips/hover-overs wont be loaded or wrong tooltips will be loaded and the Firefox tab will be loading forever as this rotating circle indicates.

tooltip failure.jpg

Edited by EDGE1

Thanks for your report. I went to the Dehaka guide / talent page with Firefox (on both Mac and PC), put the mouse over Symbiosis and got the right tooltip. What you're experiencing could be due to what you previously did on the page. Can you reproduce the issue? If yes, what steps do you need to take? (or is it just happening on every page with every tooltip?)

• Like 1

Seems to be random. Even if I refresh the site, other (still wrong) tooltips will be loaded, sometimes even the right ones.
It seems that wrong tooltips occur, when the original tooltip of the corresponding hover over related to that particular tooltip was not loaded at all. And it appears on a wrong hover over icon instead. I have no clue about PHP but maybe the tooltips could be set to be loaded in a buffered manner and not on later hover over.
Still the site keeps loading forever on Firefox and is very slow with IE.

icyfail1.JPG

icyfail2.JPG

EDIT: Pictures taken with IE btw

Edited by EDGE1

I tried to reproduce it, but correct tooltips always load for me. Tried Chrome / Safari on Mac (10.3.2). IE/Edge/Chrome/Firefox on Windows. Did you try to clear your browser's cache?

To reproduce the bug you have to mouse over another tooltip as the last one is loading.

Bind tooltip_id to the callback used inside icyveins_tooltips() when loading them, like this:

jQuery.get(load_path, {}, function(tooltip_id, html_data) {
	fetch_and_insert_data(tooltip_id, slugs['wrapper_inner_css'], html_data);
}.bind(null, tooltip_id));

• Thanks 1

Sounds consistent with the "loading forever issue".
So I have to wait for the site to fully be loaded before I hover over any item, I reckon.

p.s.: Haktrum hired, btw. ;)

58 minutes ago, EDGE1 said:

Sounds consistent with the "loading forever issue".
So I have to wait for the site to fully be loaded before I hover over any item, I reckon.

p.s.: Haktrum hired, btw. ;)

They load as you mouse over them for the first time. You have to mouse over and wait for it to load, only then can you go to the next one.

On 02/12/2016 at 10:08 PM, Stan said:

Don't know if this is only a mac-specific issue, but opening an article will load tooltips, but after I refresh the page they won't load.

I roll on a Mac and this definitely happen. However, it sometimes happens on PC as well (on Chrome).

Recently, I've been getting an issue where sometimes when the tooltip does load, it displays a different skill/spell/item/whatever. I noticed this mostly happens with Blaze in his talent calculator.

• Like 1

Don't know if this issue has been resolved or not, but If your window isn't maximized when you're trying to view the tooltip:
1. Maximize window
2. Reload window
3. ???
4. Profit.

This is probably not a fix action for everybody, but i noticed when my page isn't maximized and i've reloaded the window, my tooltips go away. If this helps at least 1 person, i'll feel content in having created an Icy-Veins account just to reply xD

• Like 1