FORUMS
Damien

Reno Warlock Standard

2 hours ago, peekaboo said:

Unlicensed Apothecary should be decent in Reno warlock's .. 3 mana 5/5 seems good for a deck that doesn't zoo .. 

You then become super open to multi-minion zoo though. You'll be burning AoE to clear boards of 1/1s, you can't play any other minions to deal with the damage and you'll be super behind on tempo once the 5/5 is eventually cleared.

You already have an excellent 3 drop in Imp Gang Boss anyway.

7 hours ago, peekaboo said:

Unlicensed Apothecary should be decent in Reno warlock's .. 3 mana 5/5 seems good for a deck that doesn't zoo .. 

To add to what Blainie said, the card is very bad against decks like freeze mage control warrior where you want to have a solid board presence, but with Apothecary you can't play more minions and the 5/5 does not do as much as 2 or 3 more minions would do.

Guest R1CK_D0M

If I don't have sally and don't have the ability to create her what's a good substitute?

This deck seems unplayable against Jade Rogue or Druid, which is at least half of what I see. Also pretty bad against Paladin Buff decks. Pretty bad overall, given the meta.

51 minutes ago, catsclaw said:

Lost to an aggro Warlock and aggro Hunter. How is this deck even playable? I'm 1 and 9 with it. It's a complete loser. 

Can you show us a replay of you playing the deck, please? It helps us to identify whether the issue lies with how you are playing the deck, or the deck itself. I'm using the exact list in the guide and I'm not having many problems currently.

3 hours ago, catsclaw said:

How do I record a replay?

21 hours ago, positiv2 said:

You could use HearthStone Deck Tracker (which offers a lot of other possibilities and is my personal recommendation) or plays.tv (especially if you already have AMD Gaming Evolved or Raptr) and link us the replay. 

If you have any issues, let me know and I will try to help you.

2 minutes ago, FattyNipples said:

I'm having fun so far with this deck, but what can i replace for Kazakus? i've tried refreshment vendor but your opinion would be nice!

Refreshment Vendor is already in the deck and using 2 is way too risky. Main advantage of Kazakus is that he is very flexible. This suggests the use of discover, but the deck already runs Kabal Courier, and Jeweled Scarab is not as important since the release of MSoG, but is still a possible swap in case you don't like or have the cards I am about to suggest. Since the deck has no 5-drops, adding some would be highly beneficial. Among powerful 5-drops we see Azure DrakeStranglethorn Tiger or Stampeding Kodo. A very popular card is Mind Control Tech even though the deck runs a lot of removal. You can also add Possessed Villager to deal with pirate warriors more easily.

8 minutes ago, lrdrichter said:

This deck is trash. I burned all my GvN and Naxx cards to build it and I'm 1 in 14.

Sottle owes me 8000 dust,....

Actually this deck is pretty good so I'm thinking it might be user error. If you were 8000 dust short from completing a 9,700 dust deck than I'm going to assume you are not familiar with quite a few of the cards in the deck. So my suggestion would be to go practice against the AI until you are more familiar with your new cards. If you still don't find success then I would suggest maybe trying a new deck. 

I've been playing since the game launched on mobile, I think that was shortly after GvN if I'm not mistaken.

I've had some great success and fun with the other decks I've used as frames here. 

I'll thank you for your suggestion even though it has a pretty patronizing and belittling vibe (especially for one who is supposed to moderate conversations).

Legendaries are expensive and this deck is legendary heavy. Matches, tavern brawls, and Malchezaar provide plenty of exposure to the cards in this deck.

Could you please explain to me how the amount of dust one has corresponds to their familiarity with cards?

Does simply owning/buying lots of cards grant one some innate synergistic brilliance?

1 hour ago, lrdrichter said:

I'll thank you for your suggestion even though it has a pretty patronizing and belittling vibe (especially for one who is supposed to moderate conversations).

I'm going to start by apologizing for my belittling response. I was responding to your comment with same attitude in which you commented with and as a moderator I should not have done so.  So for that I am sorry.

1 hour ago, lrdrichter said:

Does simply owning/buying lots of cards grant one some innate synergistic brilliance?

Owning a card and playing it regularly vs seeing one played is two different things. First you are playing a deck that you are not familiar with playing. Secondly you are playing with at least 5 cards (I'm assuming the 8k Dust was towards crafting all legends) that you are not use to playing with. As I said, there is a difference between owning a card and playing it on a regular basis versus simply seeing often on ladder.  

2 hours ago, lrdrichter said:

This deck is trash. I burned all my GvN and Naxx cards to build it and I'm 1 in 14.

Sottle owes me 8000 dust,....

I and everyone here at Icy Veins appreciates you joining the site and using the decks that our guide writers have posted. But in the future if you are not having success with one of the decks that is posted simply tell us what your problems are with the deck and we will try to help you find success with it. Again, I apologize for the way I had previously responded. 

10 hours ago, lrdrichter said:

This deck is trash.

I disagree. Until you post evidence (a replay would be the easiest) and/or post constructive criticism, we will go with Sottle's and my opinion.

10 hours ago, lrdrichter said:

Sottle owes me 8000 dust

You still have the cards you crafted. Nobody owes you anything. Especially when you have not read the Terms of Use (specifically chapters 7, 8 and 9).

9 hours ago, lrdrichter said:

I do not see how KingMe's tone was belittling or patronizing. He politely suggested you to try the deck outside of ranked play mode in order to get more familiar with the deck, which is something that is often recommended before one starts to play a deck the player has never had experience with.

9 hours ago, lrdrichter said:

Could you please explain to me how the amount of dust one has corresponds to their familiarity with cards?

It is not the amount of dust, but rather the amount of cards. Players who play more often and have better results have more/better cards. I, for example, lack only 3300 dust to create this deck, and I haven't spent a single dime on the game, and have gained all the cards through ranked chests and permanent arena runs.
In this case: If a player lacks 8k dust after 2 years of playing, it surely suggests that the player has either atrocious dust management skills, or does not have enough skill to get good arena and ranked rewards, or had had a massive hiatus and thus lacks experience.

Guest KestheGuest

Sally seems like a bad card here - you already have 7 board clears and Sally is not really good at clearing the board alone.

Demonwrath, Shadowflame, Hellfire, Twisting Nether, Felfire Potion, Abyssal Enforcer, Doomsayer

I think you could rather use more direct removal - blastcrystal potion is probably what I would play- or else second-rate bruiser.

Regarding the guy who spent 8000 dust. This decks runs mostly cards you want anyways (except Sally). 

3 hours ago, Guest KestheGuest said:

Sally seems like a bad card here - you already have 7 board clears and Sally is not really good at clearing the board alone.

Demonwrath, Shadowflame, Hellfire, Twisting Nether, Felfire Potion, Abyssal Enforcer, Doomsayer

I think you could rather use more direct removal - blastcrystal potion is probably what I would play- or else second-rate bruiser.

Regarding the guy who spent 8000 dust. This decks runs mostly cards you want anyways (except Sally). 

The power of Sally is her power in the early game. Most of the good removals have to be played in the later midgame, such as Felfire Potion or Abyssal Enforcer, and since the meta is infested with pirate warriors, an extra clear is welcome. Once the meta slows down (which might be the case in your personal micrometa), she is the first card to be removed.

Guest Inverse

i personally cut sally since she only combos with one card and replaced her with rat to great effect

Finally had a chance to play some more. Here's some replays:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/pNtxvN5Cq2TEYQNPQoQrgH

https://hsreplay.net/replay/SempHfNtXRWLmdXiRgEFoS

https://hsreplay.net/replay/yFAe5veq4kVDbi5Q72Wrud

The deck just doesn't seem to develop threats quickly enough. Aggro kills you too fast, and control decks end up with larger threats than you have.

Guest Warlock Tier 2

Been playing this deck for a while minus Sally.

Pirate warrior beats me 3/4 of the time. If I fluke out on mad healing, or non hero damage board wipe, on curve, I can sometimes level out and they tend to concede before turn 10.

Dragon priests I beat about half the time. It really seems to matter if I get doomsayer down early for a 2 for 1 when they don't have shadow pain in hand.

Hand-Buffing Paladin I beat just under half the time. Those games are all over the map but I usually get overrun.

Sage Druid I beat just under half the time. Holding mind control tech and combo killing windrunner at the right times turns the tide, its a strong counter if Aya drops late. A lot of the "perfect card at the perfect time" to win these games.

Sage Druid with the Aviana -> Kun refill -> Malagos -> Faceless -> Faceless -> Swipe for too damn much beats me 100% of the time. That deck just seems to get there every time against me. They deck themselves to get there, but I am just sitting on cards that can't finish them off after controlling the board.

Freeze Mage beats me 100% of the time. No reliable answer available to them in this deck that I have seen. Jarax can't be played, even double Reno has never saved me.

Overall, this seems like a quality deck for what Warlock is capable of producing, but also that Warlock just isn't top tier in this meta right now. It lacks a needed finisher against several of the decks being played currently who have the "deal 20 damage in one turn" releases. Often I just sit there with 10 cards left in my library knowing they will eventually beat me and I have zero hope. I'd think that the Leroy should be included as it gets the possibility of power overwhelm + faceless combo off that can get the win in a stalemate board-state. But I don't have him to play-test.