FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
peekaboo

Whats changed in standard meta after MSOG?

I know its too early but I have faith in the deck builders out there .. 

So far on ladder (I played Aggro beast druid, Pirate warrior and Discard Zoo) .. Reno/ Kazakus is everywhere they are beatable, jade golem druid is too slow, secret mage (j4ckiechan's secret mage looks OP), OTK priests .. fewer Shamans IMO .. 

Edited by peekaboo

Dude, give it a rest, we're barely 48 hours into the expansion!

My personal observations include tons of Pirate Warriors, Jade Druids, various classes Reno and then some brews I barely care about to remember. Dragon Priest that I'm playing is not really around my rank 10, but I guess it rounds up the obvious decks people were going to play. 

Old decks include Shaman and Zoo. Still as good as advertised.

25 minutes ago, peekaboo said:

I know its too early but I have faith in the deck builders out there .. 

So far on ladder (I played Aggro beast druid, Pirate warrior and Discard Zoo) .. Reno/ Kazakus is everywhere they are beatable, jade golem druid is too slow, secret mage (j4ckiechan's secret mage looks OP), OTK priests .. fewer Shamans IMO .. 

So far I am enjoying playing Dragon Priest (For the first time in.....ever) and Pirate Warrior.  Out of the Jade decks I'm more enjoying playing the Shaman than the Druid but have yet to try the Rouge, which I feel I might enjoy more as I enjoy the class overall anyways. Today was my first day playing the set (also in a month) and so far I have seen every class except Hunter.  

6 minutes ago, KingMe said:

Rude much?

Am I asking for something inappropriate? 

I can't give data when there is so little time to collect it. I would have been glad to play 6 more hours today and provide additional feedback, but my girlfriend said "no". 

Because of that and because I'm not the only data collector, there can be no definitive answer to the question "what has changed" yet. 

So, I'm asking again, where I was rude?

2 minutes ago, Paracel said:

Am I asking for something inappropriate? 

I can't give data when there is so little time to collect it. I would have been glad to play 6 more hours today and provide additional feedback, but my girlfriend said "no". 

Because of that and because I'm not the only data collector, there can be no definitive answer to the question "what has changed" yet. 

So, I'm asking again, where I was rude?

I was intending to say that in a joking way but it appears I have failed. I understand where you were coming from in your response. I apologize if I made you feel like I was calling you out. No hard feelings? 

9 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Jade Rogue is the way forward!

I was hoping to get that response. It is on my list to try out. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingMe said:

I was intending to say that in a joking way but it appears I have failed. I understand where you were coming from in your response. I apologize if I made you feel like I was calling you out. No hard feelings? 

Yep, we're good.

19 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Jade Rogue is the way forward!

This is the deck I thought about brewing because on the surface in looked exactly like I want my brews to be - underdoggy, cool and probably totally unplayable. A shame that my packs did not cooperate - 16 packs got me 15 rares and a whole one Epic, so I was locked into choosing an actually playable deck :(

1 hour ago, Paracel said:

This is the deck I thought about brewing because on the surface in looked exactly like I want my brews to be - underdoggy, cool and probably totally unplayable. A shame that my packs did not cooperate - 16 packs got me 15 rares and a whole one Epic, so I was locked into choosing an actually playable deck :(

It's so horrendously frustrating, yet so worth it when you manage to pull of a single turn board of 6/6s - 10/10s. 

1 hour ago, KingMe said:

I was hoping to get that response. It is on my list to try out. 

GET ON IT!

Not offended by anything someone says on Interwebs +  blainie has been super helpful since I've joined here ..  I just wanted to know what kinds of good decks I could make (my packs got me utter rubbish 2 Legendaries in 70 packs, but got enough dust for my Rag) ..

Played 10 hrs since expansion only seen the new expansion cards in Reno decks and OMG OTK priest turn 5 Raza Turn 6 Coldarra 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, peekaboo said:

Not offended by anything someone says on Interwebs +  blainie has been super helpful since I've joined here ..  I just wanted to know what kinds of good decks I could make (my packs got me utter rubbish 2 Legendaries in 70 packs, but got enough dust for my Rag) ..

Played 10 hrs since expansion only seen the new expansion cards in Reno decks and OMG OTK priest turn 5 Raza Turn 6 Coldarra 

In honesty, it all depends on what you want to play. The super-control style Renolocks etc. are probably out of your reach if you're looking for cheaper decks.

The Jade decks aren't the most expensive, but I still find them fun to play! 

You could also try some of the refreshed aggro decks that are surfacing, like Aggro Paladin, Pirate Warrior. 

They all have decklists up, they're not the most expensive and, when they do have legendaries, they can often be replaced (except in Druid, they're pretty important tbh).

I recommend playing Rager Rogue. While already trash before MSoG, it got even more Ragers to clog up the deck and make it even worse - currently sitting at 42% winrate, though with some refinement, it can surely go up to 50%. It actually has nice winrate against warriors and priests.

• Like 1

I love to play against Jade druids with my demon-heavy zoo. This new demon buffing 5\4 card is doing a great job. It is little tricky to survive against all those pirate warriors but those are really fun fast-paced matches. Renolocks are tough but still preferable to midrange shaman after midrange shaman. I can enjoy playing zoo again, YAY!

• Like 1

On 12/3/2016 at 9:32 AM, positiv2 said:

I recommend playing Rager Rogue. While already trash before MSoG, it got even more Ragers to clog up the deck and make it even worse - currently sitting at 42% winrate, though with some refinement, it can surely go up to 50%. It actually has nice winrate against warriors and priests.

I'm proud of you for sticking with your own personal meta!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Strongpoint said:

I love to play against Jade druids with my demon-heavy zoo. This new demon buffing 5\4 card is doing a great job. It is little tricky to survive against all those pirate warriors but those are really fun fast-paced matches. Renolocks are tough but still preferable to midrange shaman after midrange shaman. I can enjoy playing zoo again, YAY!

Care to share your decklist? Always open to seeing new decks shared!

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Care to share your decklist? Always open to seeing new decks shared!

I don't have a stable decklist because I change it every few games trying different things. The current version is:

all 1 drop demons (yes, including blood imp), 2xAbusive sergeant, 2xArgent squire 2xDark Peddler, 2xdire wolf alpha, 2x acidic swamp ooze, 2xDemonfire, 2xImp Gang boss, 2xBloodfury potion,  2xCrystalweaver , 2xDefender of Argus, 2xDoomguard,  

Four 4 drops and two 5 drops is often a problem for the curve and I suspect that I should stop trying to use both Crystalweaver and Defender of Argus or go for a 2+1 

• Like 1

Just putting in an image of the decklist that Strong described above. Thought it was easier to digest like this:

edXipAd.png

• Like 3

Dragon Priest returns!!! always been my favorite.

we cannot overlook jade idol druids. they pack a serious punch.

jade golem + deathratle rogue is also very strong in my meta (rank 12-4 eu)

and I dont see it listed here but secret mages are doing well too. first mage deck in history I actually enjoyed playing.

On 12/8/2016 at 7:54 AM, Blainie said:

Just putting in an image of the decklist that Strong described above. Thought it was easier to digest like this:

edXipAd.png

My hero. lol

• Like 1

On 12/11/2016 at 1:07 PM, KingMe said:

My hero. lol

When I saw it, I was just: ???? how did anyone read this

1 minute ago, Blainie said:

When I saw it, I was just: ???? how did anyone read this

I read it like it was originally posted and my eyes went cross for a second. lol