FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Moraxus

Mythic+ question regarding BDK

Last week I was doing +12`s on my DK (raging/necrotic/fortified) and it was going fine until we hit Maw of Souls (considered one of the easier ones?)
I had  a real problem in this dungeon as alot of the mobs cant be cc`d, my question is what do you do as a BDK when you cant CC/kite really hard hitting mobs? Especially when they have necrotic/raging/fortified, I have no way of resseting necrotic stacks and as soon as they go into rage and i have like 15-20 stacks of necrotic im doomed. How do you guys deal with this as we have no real mitigation except icebound and that dosnt really cut it for raging/fortified mobs at +12.

Ams can reset necrotic stacks maybe not always applicable I believe the debuff is 12 seconds or so and the ams without the cloak elgendary is 10, but something that you can do to avoid getting stacks originally or later on depending. You could always do a big pull lets just say 10 mobs, AMS as soon as AMs wares use Runic weapon which gives you a ton of Parry which would both reduce damage take, amount of times hit, and in doing so also reduces the amount of Necrotic applications applied to you. Just some tips, generally speaking you should also try and save your Vampiric blood until they are lower like it really depends on group comp/dmg being out put but lets say they are 50% and you estimate the mobs to be alive for another 20 seconds with your current DPS you can pop vampiric blood, the important part here is your not applying it for the healing increase your doing it for the shield you will gain after it expires a just guesstimate 3m shield will help some. If you run with a shaman Spirit link works still regardless of the healing reduction, same thing with Hpriest GS. 

Added a couple extra tips @Moraxus

Edited by Drtain

1 minute ago, Drtain said:

Ams can reset necrotic stacks maybe not always applicable I believe the debuff is 12 seconds or so and the ams without the cloak elgendary is 10, but something that you can do to avoid getting stacks originally or later on depending. You could always do a big pull lets just say 10 mobs, AMS as soon as AMs wares use Runic weapon which gives you a ton of Parry which would both reduce damage take, amount of times hit, and in doing so also reduces the amount of Necrotic applications applied to you. 

Well, pulling 10 Mobs in a +12 with fortified raging is gonna get you in trouble anyway.
And for the other part even if ams/drw is enough to survive the one pack you gonna sit around for 3min waiting for all ure cds before progressing?

Was an example of what my group was doing from our Fort/Raging/Necrotic week, we ran with a shaman that week and a bear druid not a DK so different applications of course but I'm just mentioning it. 

11 minutes ago, Drtain said:

Was an example of what my group was doing from our Fort/Raging/Necrotic week, we ran with a shaman that week and a bear druid not a DK so different applications of course but I'm just mentioning it. 

Yes, the thing about bear tanks is that they have 100% mitigation uptime. You can argue that DK has "similar" with 100% heal uptime but with necrotic.. not really. And ure suggestions are good if you pair them with dnd slow/kite but im talking specifically about MOS where alot of mobs are immune to stun/slow where there is no other choice then facetanking the dmg for the full duration of the fight  :)

Edited by Moraxus

Well if you came to that conclusion by your self why did you ask? I gave you a way to reset necrotic stacks, a way to survive, and the advise I could. There isn't some super secret thing that blood dks can do to make it so you take 0 necrotic damage and never get killed by raging necrotic it's the hardest week for a DK. I told you exactly what I do on MoS necrotic aim carefully with ams and DRW. All the rest there is to do is pull slower, get better heals and hope you don't hit 0 healing received, and kill stuff faster.

Edited by Drtain
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Drtain said:

Well if you came to that conclusion by your self why did you ask? I gave you a way to reset necrotic stacks, a way to survive, and the advise I could. There isn't some super secret thing that blood dks can do to make it so you take 0 necrotic damage and never get killed by raging necrotic it's the hardest week for a DK. I told you exactly what I do on MoS necrotic aim carefully with ams and DRW. All the rest there is to do is pull slower, get better heals and hope you don't hit 0 healing received, and kill stuff faster.

If this has worked for you on 12+ necrotic and fortified then I guess ure ust better then me.
Sounded like you had a bear tank last week doing it and since its been alot of weeks since last time this set of affixes was up I assumed you didnt do it on 12+ back then.
I feel like I did most of what you suggested (but like I said I might ust be bad) however we did run resto druid and that might be a bad setup?

Anyway thanks for your response.

It's true the necrotic is a bitch. I concur with drtain. I can complete a +12, but definitely not in time. I do have the clock legend, though. 

My suggestion for necrotic in general, and necrotic fortifying in particular, is chain cc. I run with a fury warrior, resto druid, mm hunter, and havoc dh or frost dk as our 5th. So they coordinate group stuns for the most part. The lower cd dg talent that also slows in dnd is essential. Strong cleave is also very helpful. Depends on your comp, though. 

11 minutes ago, Aegis said:

It's true the necrotic is a bitch. I concur with drtain. I can complete a +12, but definitely not in time. I do have the clock legend, though. 

My suggestion for necrotic in general, and necrotic fortifying in particular, is chain cc. I run with a fury warrior, resto druid, mm hunter, and havoc dh or frost dk as our 5th. So they coordinate group stuns for the most part. The lower cd dg talent that also slows in dnd is essential. Strong cleave is also very helpful. Depends on your comp, though. 

I absolutely agree, I made the post specifically about mobs that cannot be cc`d though.
I guess I could have been more clear about my question in my OP.
My question was, should I be pretty much #%"ed in MOS with these affixes, or am I doing something wrong. Based on drtain`s posts I have to conclude that either I only think im doing those things and not executing it correctly or yes, bdk`s are #%"ed with this combo.

4 minutes ago, Aegis said:

Wait, which mobs can't be cc-ed? The champions, that mariner, and the giant are the only ones that come to mind. 

Champions are the ones that are a bitch as they also have their own "rage" ontop of the m+ affix.

I dunno, in 12 I had only a slight problem with champions on raging/necrotic/fortified. My group suffered more with the stupid mariner. 

The one that I had a ton of issues with was that miniboss in bow - the demon hunter after the first two packs. Meta adding 50% on top of raging on fortified meant a one-shot.