FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kez

Help My Unholy DK Stats & Talents for Mythic Il'gynoth

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alonsus/Kezath/advanced

So this is just an Alt character but I'm needed for Mythic Il'gynoth for my grips.

I'm wondering how my current talents are and my stats at the moment? I have 40% crit with the 375 food buff. Should I swap all my crit gems and enchants to hit 18% haste then the rest mastery, or am I right in always just stacking that crit? Also should I change the talents I currently have?

Mastery isn't as good for unholy if you don't have the bracers. That being said it's still very good. You're current talent set up is fine, I would aim for 18% haste if I were you, drop crit if you can try to stay as high on crit as possible though. Try not to go over 40% crit though just for future, if you go over 40% crit it's pretty over stacking I guess you could say and you would want to start to aim for other stats.

@Cirrem I believe you are refering to the sweeping claw ability or what ever just being shadow damage, to be honest I have no real idea I'm assuming mastery will gain in value still falling behind haste, with this said there will still be merit to having crit I reckon just because castigor is so strong.

@Drtain

Yes I was supposing taking Clawing Shadows instead of castigator. I wonder when the increased damage of Festering wounds, bursting sores, scourge strike, and now pet claw outweighs the extra application of sores and the extra bursting of sores when you take the bracers into account. 

@Cirrem Not 100% sure I understand what your saying. But I highly highly doubt clawing shadows would out weigh castigator especially with bracers, the extra applications of wound with bracers is soooo strong. Other wise you'll be doing 2 even 3 festering strikes before you can start using SS or in this cast Clawing shadow which means you're not using Clawing Shadows as much, which in turn also means mastery starts to lose value. Plus your opener is more likely to be even more unlucky and results in you casting millions of FS to get your first Apoc off. It'd require extreme numbers of mastery for clawing Shadows to outweigh castigor it's design is very flawed to make it nearly the only logical choice. With this said who knows what might happen... It's blizzard. I'm just talking from my logic on why I don't believe it'd be a damage increase. I should also mention that SS nearly does identical damage to Clawing Shadow, even though I have 50% mastery SS scales with mastery as well which is why it's damage will stay -similar- in terms of how hard it hits.

Edited by Drtain