FORUMS
Damien

Reno Priest Standard

17 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

I find the jade druid match up close to unwinnable.  I have had far better luck in the freeze mage vs control warrior match up.  Any suggestions?

As usual, a replay would be very helpful.
What often players do, as they are not used to playing against jade decks, is that they play the long game. You should be more aggressive, secure the board and finish as fast as possible. Druids don't have a way to deal with massive boards and once they start falling behind, it's quite easy to win by just going face.

Guest Skeptical Anon

You only have 2 deathrattle minions.  Is N'Zoth really going to be that pivotal?

9 hours ago, Guest Skeptical Anon said:

You only have 2 deathrattle minions.  Is N'Zoth really going to be that pivotal?

Sylvanas Windrunner is simply so good that it is worth playing N'Zoth, the Corruptor only for her, if the meta is suitable. The deck also runs options to get more deathrattle minions - Museum Curator, sometimes Kazakus and Confessor Paletress, rarely ThoughtstealShifting Shade and Potion of Madness, and very rarely from a spell from Nexus-Champion Saraad.

One of the cards it says to mulligan for isn't included in the deck anymore. Besides museum curator what should the replacement card be?

18 minutes ago, Abelcain said:

One of the cards it says to mulligan for isn't included in the deck anymore. Besides museum curator what should the replacement card be?

Thank you for reporting it, I added it onto the to-do list. Additional cards to mulligan for are Holy SmiteDoomsayer and Wild Pyromancer against aggro, and minions and spells that allow you to put pressure on the opponent in the midgame if you are facing control.

On 12/8/2016 at 7:39 AM, Abelcain said:

The mulligan is one of the most difficult parts of this deck.  Reno should be kept in most matches, druid being the one exception I can think of off the top of my head, it is almost always correct to tempo reno against jade druid, because if you have to use it for the heal, you have probably already lost.  Against control decks, thought steal, and shifting shade are powerful cards, with death being of particular use against warlock to answer an early mountain giant.  Brann is a strong keep if you have a card that goes with him against control, particularly Kazzakus but curator and kabal courier (if you run it) are also strong options,  I would also advise agianst keeping Kazzakus without brann in control mirrors, you often want to be as greedy as possible and brann him.  Against aggro, any 2 or 3 cost minion is strong, holy smite and potion of madness are both strong, power word shield is also good if you have pyromancer.  Shadow word pain is also very strong against most aggro decks.  If the rest of your hand is pretty decent, Kazzakus or excavated evil are pretty good keeps since the AoE they bring will simply win quite a few aggro matches out right.  I also run infested tauren and priest of the feast, which also help.  In matches that are not shaman or warrior, razza can be a very powerful keep as well.  The amount of value that the free hero power can gain you will simply win some games.

Edited by VaraTreledees

13 minutes ago, Guest Aaron said:

Is there any chance of running Shadowform? With Raza the Chained you are able to do two damage per turn for free. Reno Jackson and Greater Healing Potion should provide you with enough healing to last. Any thoughts?

It wouldn't hurt to try though I am always for testing crazy ideas. I really want Shadowform to succeed so let me know if it works out. 

20 minutes ago, Guest Aaron said:

Is there any chance of running Shadowform?

If the meta slows down, sure. As of now, you want to be healing, rather than doing damage. This might change after Sir Finley Mrrgglton rotates out as your aggro opponents will no longer have a way to be hunters.

What are the rules for madness mechanics?

I know that taking and killing a death rattle minion let's you keep the death rattle bonus, but are there any other lesser known rules for madness?

If I was playing a rogue and got a shadow step from their deck, could I use it on a madness minion to keep it?

If I buff the minion's attack to higher than 2 while its in my control, can I still use it, or does it no longer meet the requirements?

15 minutes ago, Abelcain said:

I know that taking and killing a death rattle minion let's you keep the death rattle bonus, but are there any other lesser known rules for madness?

To my knowledge there is no lesser known rules for madness or at least non that I have ever seen. 

20 minutes ago, Abelcain said:

If I buff the minion's attack to higher than 2 while its in my control, can I still use it, or does it no longer meet the requirements?

If you are asking if the minion you borrowed stays with you if you boost it above 2 then the answer is no. At the end of the turn if it is still alive it still returns to it's owner unless of course you kill it, then it just dies. :P

22 minutes ago, Abelcain said:

If I was playing a rogue and got a shadow step from their deck, could I use it on a madness minion to keep it?

Now this is a very interesting question and to answer it honestly; I don't know. So I apologize for not being able to help out more on this one. I have never seen this situation in my thousands of games played.  I mean does it go back to your hand? Their hand? Does it just cease to exist? If you do however find out the answer to this question before someone on this site answers it please let me know because now my mind is going crazy trying to figure it out. 

5 hours ago, Abelcain said:

The rules are same as the ones of Shadow Madness (which you can read here).

From experience, yes.

The enchantment uses the same rules as Shadow Madness, which means that it returns at the end of the turn it was played (at the end of you turn), unless silenced (in that case the minion will return immediately) or opponent's side of board is full (as a result, the minion dies), for example after playing Leeroy Jenkins.