Blizzard stated yesterday that they are now at a point where the Beta mechanics and numbers are fairly stable. They invited everybody to begin their theorycrafting in earnest now that the numbers are stable enough to draw real conclusions from. There is currently a thread open where you can launch any and all number questions (strictly numbers; design feedback is not wanted) can be launched at the Devs. This is an extremely useful thread for theorycrafters and I will be keeping an eye on it (as should anyone vaguely interested in the craft).
What this means is that it's finally the appropriate time to start talking about what will happen to healers in Mists. We can already say with some certainty that several things will happen, but the problem I have is that there is no single place where all of these things are summed up (at least not on these forums). With that in mind, if anyone interested in what's going on in the theorycraft world will post updates about skills/numbers/mana regen/glyphs and talents/stat scaling formulas or anything else, please post a link along with a short summary of the point behind it. I will maintain several sections; one for each healing spec and another for healers in general.
I also propose that the relevant classes create theorycraft threads for their healing spec and discuss the details there.
Some ground rules;
- No class design posts; numbers and mechanics modelling only please. We don't care about why Telluric Currents "should be nerfed" - we care what it's going to be doing.
- Opinions are fine but must be backed up by some kind of evidence.
- Anything construed as a fact must be quoted with a source.
- No QQ - that's what the official forums are for. This is for information gathering, not complaining.
- If you disagree with someone, be polite and quote more evidence. If the consensus seems divided, I will say as much in the relevant section.
- Make it clear which Class, Spec, and Ability you are posting about. The clearer your post is, the easier it is for me to collate information. Poorly organized posts will just be ignored.
- When quoting formulae, check your brackets - this is very important, as I will copy your formula character perfect if it's relevant to the section.
- Have fun!
- Restoration Shaman
- Holy Paladins
- Restoration Druids
- -> Holy
- -> Discipline
- Mistweaver Monks