Topic Details

Mists of Pandaria Healer Theory Thread

14 replies to this topic Started by Stoove, Jun 21 2012 02:20 PM Healer Mists of Pandaria Mana regen restoration holy discipline throughput mistweaver
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
Hello everyone,

Blizzard stated yesterday that they are now at a point where the Beta mechanics and numbers are fairly stable. They invited everybody to begin their theorycrafting in earnest now that the numbers are stable enough to draw real conclusions from. There is currently a thread open where you can launch any and all number questions (strictly numbers; design feedback is not wanted) can be launched at the Devs. This is an extremely useful thread for theorycrafters and I will be keeping an eye on it (as should anyone vaguely interested in the craft).

What this means is that it's finally the appropriate time to start talking about what will happen to healers in Mists. We can already say with some certainty that several things will happen, but the problem I have is that there is no single place where all of these things are summed up (at least not on these forums). With that in mind, if anyone interested in what's going on in the theorycraft world will post updates about skills/numbers/mana regen/glyphs and talents/stat scaling formulas or anything else, please post a link along with a short summary of the point behind it. I will maintain several sections; one for each healing spec and another for healers in general.

I also propose that the relevant classes create theorycraft threads for their healing spec and discuss the details there.

Some ground rules;
  • No class design posts; numbers and mechanics modelling only please. We don't care about why Telluric Currents "should be nerfed" - we care what it's going to be doing.
  • Opinions are fine but must be backed up by some kind of evidence.
  • Anything construed as a fact must be quoted with a source.
  • No QQ - that's what the official forums are for. This is for information gathering, not complaining.
  • If you disagree with someone, be polite and quote more evidence. If the consensus seems divided, I will say as much in the relevant section.
  • Make it clear which Class, Spec, and Ability you are posting about. The clearer your post is, the easier it is for me to collate information. Poorly organized posts will just be ignored.
  • When quoting formulae, check your brackets - this is very important, as I will copy your formula character perfect if it's relevant to the section.
  • Have fun! :)
Sections
  • Healers
  • Restoration Shaman
  • Holy Paladins
  • Restoration Druids
  • Priests
  • -> Holy
  • -> Discipline
  • Mistweaver Monks
Let the information commence! :)

Stoove is the wizard of all things shaman related. He is neither late nor early, For he arrives precisely when he intends to.

The sole test of theory is experiment. The sole test of experiment is theory.

Theorycraft, Simulationcraft, Experimentalcraft. Who says WoW and science are different?

I use this as my moderator voice.

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
(Reserved for General)

Edited by Stoove, 21 June 2012 - 02:21 PM.

Stoove is the wizard of all things shaman related. He is neither late nor early, For he arrives precisely when he intends to.

Theorycraft, Simulationcraft, Experimentalcraft. Who says WoW and science are different?

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
(Reserved for Shaman)

Edited by Stoove, 21 June 2012 - 02:21 PM.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
(Reserved for Paladins)

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
(Reserved for Druids)

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
(Reserved for Priests)

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
(Reserved for Priests)

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
(Reserved for Monks)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
(Reserved for JUST IN CASE! ^_^ )

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
JUST IN CASE they stealth-add another healing spec Posted Image

I'm still in charge of the Resto Shaman guide on this website, so I'll need to contribute a few things to this topic after I've leveled up my Shaman. Thanks for taking the time to write all this ;)

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France
This is great. I'll get into this discussion tomorrow, since I'm managing all the healing guides except Resto Shaman :) Let's see what we can get! P.S.: We seem to have a bunch of Priests around here, so let's see some action *cracks whip*

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
I've got some of my own blogposts in the works with proposed consequences for Shaman (should be done today) and a proposed tool for evaluating regen balance relative to other stats (which will take a while) - I'll want someone to at least comment on them before I put them in the top though. It may be relevant to discuss the second post here, but the first one I expect can be discussed in a (forthcoming) Resto Shaman MoP theorycraft thread. ALSO: I have no access to the Beta at all. If anyone can post places we can find numbers for typical heal values, stat values on gear, etc - I'd LOVE to get my hands on those.

Edited by Stoove, 22 June 2012 - 09:20 AM.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
My first set of sources for information:

1) Manapools change to fixed values in MoP - 300k total. Shaman, Paladins, Druids have a base manapool on 60k and a 400% bonus (totalling 300k) (source, thanks to Matticus) (secondsource, thanks to Derevka)

Also from these sources:

2) Intellect only scales Spellpower and Critical Strike, Spirit is now the only passive regen stat. It scales linearly as;
Combat Regen = Total Mana *0.02 +(1.1287*SPI*Meditation%)

3) For Meditation = 50% and at level 90, this simplifies to;
Combat Regen = 6000 + 0.56435*Spirit

We need to know about exceptions to the Meditation=50% rule.

4) Almost allMana regen cooldowns are now based on a fixed % of the manapool - this means that they do not increase with gear. One exception to this is Mana Tide Totem - any other exceptions we want to know about.

Edited by Stoove, 22 June 2012 - 10:19 AM.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Never really been into the theory crafting side of it all but I'll do my best to help out from a holy priest point of view!

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK

Never really been into the theory crafting side of it all but I'll do my best to help out from a holy priest point of view!

Sources for spell numbers, sources of other people theorycrafting (with specific points), and anything else you can help out with is appreciated. You don't necessarily have to be directly involved in the theory itself - we want sources and summaries here so we can make a compilation of the relevant things we will see in MoP.

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users