15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Blizzard stated yesterday that they are now at a point where the Beta mechanics and numbers are fairly stable. They invited everybody to begin their theorycrafting in earnest now that the numbers are stable enough to draw real conclusions from. There is currently a thread open where you can launch any and all number questions (strictly numbers; design feedback is not wanted) can be launched at the Devs. This is an extremely useful thread for theorycrafters and I will be keeping an eye on it (as should anyone vaguely interested in the craft).

What this means is that it's finally the appropriate time to start talking about what will happen to healers in Mists. We can already say with some certainty that several things will happen, but the problem I have is that there is no single place where all of these things are summed up (at least not on these forums). With that in mind, if anyone interested in what's going on in the theorycraft world will post updates about skills/numbers/mana regen/glyphs and talents/stat scaling formulas or anything else, please post a link along with a short summary of the point behind it. I will maintain several sections; one for each healing spec and another for healers in general.

I also propose that the relevant classes create theorycraft threads for their healing spec and discuss the details there.

Some ground rules;

• No class design posts; numbers and mechanics modelling only please. We don't care about why Telluric Currents "should be nerfed" - we care what it's going to be doing.
  • Opinions are fine but must be backed up by some kind of evidence.
  • Anything construed as a fact must be quoted with a source.
  • No QQ - that's what the official forums are for. This is for information gathering, not complaining.
  • If you disagree with someone, be polite and quote more evidence. If the consensus seems divided, I will say as much in the relevant section.
  • Make it clear which Class, Spec, and Ability you are posting about. The clearer your post is, the easier it is for me to collate information. Poorly organized posts will just be ignored.
  • When quoting formulae, check your brackets - this is very important, as I will copy your formula character perfect if it's relevant to the section.
  • Have fun! :)
Sections

• Healers
  • Restoration Shaman
  • Holy Paladins
  • Restoration Druids
  • Priests
  • -> Holy
  • -> Discipline
  • Mistweaver Monks
Let the information commence! :)

(Reserved for General)

Edited by Stoove

(Reserved for Shaman)

Edited by Stoove

(Reserved for JUST IN CASE! ^_^ )

JUST IN CASE they stealth-add another healing spec Posted Image

I'm still in charge of the Resto Shaman guide on this website, so I'll need to contribute a few things to this topic after I've leveled up my Shaman. Thanks for taking the time to write all this ;)

This is great. I'll get into this discussion tomorrow, since I'm managing all the healing guides except Resto Shaman :)

Let's see what we can get!

P.S.: We seem to have a bunch of Priests around here, so let's see some action *cracks whip*

I've got some of my own blogposts in the works with proposed consequences for Shaman (should be done today) and a proposed tool for evaluating regen balance relative to other stats (which will take a while) - I'll want someone to at least comment on them before I put them in the top though. It may be relevant to discuss the second post here, but the first one I expect can be discussed in a (forthcoming) Resto Shaman MoP theorycraft thread.

ALSO: I have no access to the Beta at all. If anyone can post places we can find numbers for typical heal values, stat values on gear, etc - I'd LOVE to get my hands on those.

Edited by Stoove

My first set of sources for information:

1) Manapools change to fixed values in MoP - 300k total. Shaman, Paladins, Druids have a base manapool on 60k and a 400% bonus (totalling 300k) (source, thanks to Matticus) (secondsource, thanks to Derevka)

Also from these sources:

2) Intellect only scales Spellpower and Critical Strike, Spirit is now the only passive regen stat. It scales linearly as;

Combat Regen = Total Mana *0.02 +(1.1287*SPI*Meditation%)

3) For Meditation = 50% and at level 90, this simplifies to;

Combat Regen = 6000 + 0.56435*Spirit

We need to know about exceptions to the Meditation=50% rule.

4) Almost allMana regen cooldowns are now based on a fixed % of the manapool - this means that they do not increase with gear. One exception to this is Mana Tide Totem - any other exceptions we want to know about.

Edited by Stoove

Never really been into the theory crafting side of it all but I'll do my best to help out from a holy priest point of view!

Never really been into the theory crafting side of it all but I'll do my best to help out from a holy priest point of view!

Sources for spell numbers, sources of other people theorycrafting (with specific points), and anything else you can help out with is appreciated. You don't necessarily have to be directly involved in the theory itself - we want sources and summaries here so we can make a compilation of the relevant things we will see in MoP.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• [US-Sentinels][A] <Hyrulian Knights> Recruiting for Mythic! 3/13M
      By Zeliah
      About Hyrulian Knights - Sentinels - US
      Hyrulian Knights is a place to call home. This guild was built on family and friendship and we strive to keep that atmosphere. We are a dedicated raid group who want to experience end-game raiding without all the stress. We raid because we love coming together with friends and fighting our newest enemy. This doesn't mean we don't try our hardest to get as far as we can, but we want to have fun doing it.  

Our Goal
      We are seeking like-minded individuals who are prepared to put in the effort for the challenges ahead. Our main goal is to bring a group of  laid-back, dedicated people together to have fun and do what we love. Raiding. 

Raid Nights
      Thursdays (Normal/Alt), Fridays (Heroic), Saturdays (Heroic/Mythic) @ 7:30pm - 10:30pm CST

Progression
      Mythic HFC - 3/13!
      Heroic  HFC - 13/13!
      Normal HFC - 13/13! 
      *Currently 5th on the connected servers!

Recruiting
      We're currently looking for a solid, dedicated ranged dps and one/two more aoe healers. 
      Ranged - Mage/Warlock/SPriest/Boomy  
       Melee - DK, Rogue, Feral  
      Healers - Shaman/Druid

***Also, we will consider cross-realm raiders!

We expect you to know your class and keep up-to-date on any changes. If everyone is doing their part, then it makes raiding (and life) so much easier! 

We are looking to start pushing into Mythics. We just need a few more rdps & aoe healers that are serious about showing up and are able to put out the dps/hps required. We are accepting people for trials on Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays @ 7:30pm - 10:30pm CST.

====================================================================
      Contact
      For more Information, please see our guild website, 
      http://hyrulianknights.shivtr.com/

***Recruitment  Officer - Zeliah#1674***
       or Sigil1975#1732

Thank your for taking the time to read about Hyrulian Knights! I look forward to talking to you in the future! (:
    • [US-Zul'jin][H] <Wardance> 3/13M HFC 8-11pm Tue-Wed DPS Healer
      By Nergul
      Who we are
      Tight knit group of professional adults seeking like-minded raiders for 2 nights a week heroic and mythic progression. 

Current Progression - 3/13 Mythic HFC
      http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/zul-jin/Wardance

Website
      http://wardance.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=24986

We are Looking for:
      DPS - Death Knight, Mage, Monk, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior
      Healers - none currently 
      Tanks - Blood Death Knight (low interest)

Please be at least 710+ ilvl and have your legendary ring completed or be awfully close

All Exceptional classes/roles that may not be listed are still encouraged to apply.

Our Schedule
      Progress Nights: Tuesday and Wednesday 8pm to 11pm server time (EST.) Attendance is tracked. 
      Lesser Progress Runs, Alt raids and Challenge Modes: week nights and weekends based on interest. 

Contact Info
      Via web at our forums
      In-game Nergul #1277, Dineb #1423, or Daemon#1359

More Info About us
      Wardance is an active raiding guild whose goal is to see and conquer all of the current content and beyond while allowing our members to enjoy a life outside the game. We have been actively raiding as a guild team since ToC in Wrath of the Lich King some of us have been playing together much longer than that. We are a smaller guild and because our turnover among our core has been almost non-existent, we've hardly needed to recruit in the past as we are pretty tight knit group.

We are currently looking for exceptional individuals that want to progress through current raid content and beyond including future expansions. We will be working on completing mythics and achievements for the encounters and intend to raid through this entire expansion and beyond. If this interests you please contact us.

Recruitment Expectations & Member Conduct
      Our reputation on Zul'jin is very important to us, as it should be. We expect all of our members to act mature, and show the utmost respect towards others, whether it be in guild or out of guild. We do not participate in realm forum trolling or epeening. We let our guild achievements and attitude do the talking.

As a recruit, our expectations as far as gems, enchants, consumable usage and attendance is identical to our veterans. Not meeting that expectation means you have failed your application. While we do not ONLY consider players decked in Mythic Raiding gear, please do not you waste your time and ours if your main cannot out-gear my alts, there are plenty of opportunities to gear up out there between heroics, LFR, and pug raiding. Do not go AFK during trash, show up late to raids, or fail to understand the basic mechanics of your class or raid encounters or you will not make it to full member status. Assuming you reach the end of the 28 day Trial period, the officers will determine whether you were successful or not and will decide to either promote you to veteran, extend your probation or ask you to leave the guild.

Raid Schedule & Attendance
      We pride ourselves on having a minimally invasive raid schedule, however we are very serious for the nights we are raiding as far as getting things done. We would like to see members online more than simply just raid nights and often do other things on those nights even though nothing is officially scheduled. We do not plan to alter our raid times but circumstances could come up that require us to do so. Despite any changes that may occur to the raid schedule we tend to preserve weekends as they are sacred to many of us.

Loot
      Wardance runs a Loot List system (Modified Loot Council) where each member composes a monthly list of up to 12 items valuable to their class and spec and orders it in priority of greatest value. As long as the minimum 80% (rolling 5 week cycle) attendance threshold is maintained, the highest listing of the piece determines who loots the items and in what order. In the event of ties the loot council will step in and decide distribution based on several parameters such as guild rank, attendance, performance, biggest upgrade (including set bonuses), contribution to raid progress, etc. I assure you that these discussions are well thought out and fair.
    • [US-Terokkar][A] <Curio> 13/13 H HFC raid recruiting
      By Ilia
      Sever: Terokkar
      Raid Times: Tues & Thurs 8-11 Central
      Roles needed:
           -Tank (any class)
          - Healer (any class)
           -DPS: need ranged would prefer mage, lock, boomkin, melee would have to be a leather class ( windwalker, feral druid, rogue)
      Expectations:
           -Know your class: dps that do not improve with gear upgrades may be removed
           -Know the fights
           -Be able to come BOTH days and on time
           -If you can not make a day let a raid leader know in ADVANCE 
           -Have time to improve your toon (such as farm valor for upgrades)
           -Keep your gear gemmed and enchanted 

Greetings and salutation! My name is Ilia and I am the GM and one of the raid leader for our raid group. <Curio> is a new guild composed of 13/13 H HFC raiders and have recently broken away from our old inactive guild. We kill H Archimonde every week and we are looking to start raiding again after taking a month long break. We will also accept active players who don't raid. Please add ilia#1583 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!
    • Mistweaving Chi and Overwriting ReM
      By Transistor
      Hi! This might seem like a silly question because nobody else seems to have asked this, but I would just like clarification on the following: To generate chi, should I still use Renewing Mist even if everybody already has Renewing Mist on them?

It seems like Renewing Mist is always on everyone [particularly raiding in 10-man groups] and when the full raid is taking moderate damage, after my first Uplift I'm not sure if I should overwrite a few ReMs on people to get myself enough Chi for a second Uplift, or maybe just Surging Mist on the tank instead...?

It seems like everyone else has figured this out so apologies if this is an obvious question. Thanks in advance!
    • [US-Mal'ganis][H]<Enigma> HFC: 11/13m LF Mage/Rogue/Warlock/Feral/Boomy/Enh Sham
      By HoneyGirl
      <Enigma> US Horde
      13/13H, 11/13M HFC
      Guild Website: www.guildenigma.com

• Gazzuk - Gazzuk#1936 (GM)
      • Yochi - Madesca#1830 (Co-GM)
      • Jaiydia - Persephone#1793 (Recruitment Officer)

-- ABOUT US --

Enigma is an awesome group of people with a dedicated core that wants to down mythic progression bosses but have fun while doing so. We are currently looking for a few more reliable raiders to round out our mythic core roster! We are currently working on mythic Hellfire Citadel progression and are looking for those who would like to join us in pushing our way up the ranks for not only just the end of this expansion, but for the upcoming expansion as well. We are striving to perfect our team to be ready for competitive progression in the upcoming Legion expansion.

For simplicity sake I am trying to keep this post rather short so if you would like more in depth info or have any questions about our guild or its history we would prefer a more personal chat with any potential recruits via btag or mumble! Also, if you are applying and come from a different server and need help with your transfer please let us know and we will work something out with you.

If our raid times and days fit your schedule and you are looking for a guild to see this expansion through and progress into the next feel free to add some of the battletags below so that we can further discuss the raid program, the environment, and why you should join us . Some of us also play other games during off nights together so if you are looking for a community we are always happy to acquire people who enjoy playing other games on non-raid nights.

-- CURRENT PROGRESSION --

• 13/13H HFC
      • 11/13M HFC 

-- RECRUITING --

• RANGED
      - Warlock
      - Boomkin
      - Mage

• MELEE
      - Rogue
      - Feral Druid 
      - Enhancement Shaman

-- SCHEDULE --

• Raid Days
      - Tuesday
      - Wednesday
      - Thursday

• Raid times (All time zones listed for convenience) 
      - 8-11:30PM PST
      - 10PM-1:30AM CST
      - 11PM-2:30AM EST