FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Chillychill

Gearing question

hello everyone, i have a question about gearing, i have 4pc t15 502, with helm being off set piece, the legs were off nalak (got lucky). now our group has started 10mans and im starting to get 522 non tier pieces. would it be worth it to sacrifice set bonuses for better stats/ilvl?

any advice/opinion will be appreciated.

His name is Chillychill, Oltier. C'mon bro, your detective skills are slipping.

People want help? I demand them to read: http://www.icy-veins...with-your-mage/ !!!

*evil face!* Posted Image

I can't help but to laugh, sorry! You gave me very general, yet excellent advice on whether or not to go with 1h and OH or 2H, without knowing my spec, but this guy you can't give him some general advice? I'd be curious to know as well ;-)

Anyway, my advice to this guy is try to keep at least a 2pc together with 522's, even if you have better legs than the tier ones. Yesterday I was so excited I had a tier piece drop from Nalak on my bonus roll but alas it was the gloves I ALREADY have :-( I was sooo disappointed especially because I was really mulling over on whether or not I even wanted to use my bonus roll!!!

• Like 1

I can't help but to laugh, sorry! You gave me very general, yet excellent advice on whether or not to go with 1h and OH or 2H, without knowing my spec, but this guy you can't give him some general advice? I'd be curious to know as well ;-)

Anyway, my advice to this guy is try to keep at least a 2pc together with 522's, even if you have better legs than the tier ones. Yesterday I was so excited I had a tier piece drop from Nalak on my bonus roll but alas it was the gloves I ALREADY have :-( I was sooo disappointed especially because I was really mulling over on whether or not I even wanted to use my bonus roll!!!

Haha, yes, you are right. Occasionally a moderator can have a bad day, can't they?

Anyhooo...

hello everyone, i have a question about gearing, i have 4pc t15 502, with helm being off set piece, the legs were off nalak (got lucky). now our group has started 10mans and im starting to get 522 non tier pieces. would it be worth it to sacrifice set bonuses for better stats/ilvl?

any advice/opinion will be appreciated.

If you are a Frost/Fire mage, keep only the 2 set bonus, and replace any iLvL 502 items with non-tier 522.

If you are an arcane mage, keep the 4 set bonus, even if you get 522 non-tier upgrade.

The reason for these is that for Fire and Frost the 4 set bonus only modify 1-1 spells and only in a way, that it only affecs the single target DPS. (Maybe the council combustion spreading, but with Skull banner, that 5% on Pyro really doesn't matter.)

However, for arcane Arcane Charges, it increases the effect of several abilities, and some of them has no mana cost (Arcane Missiles), that will allow you to stay on maximum mana, benefiting from mastery greatly, aaand... Yep.. Arcane 4 set is good :D

This is my general thought, although it may vary, depending on your other items. For this reason, it would be really great if you linked your armory (just as we asked in the topic I linked above).