FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gogo

New Balance drood - DPS low !!

Leveled healing only via dungeons - little questing. Hit 90 and ran LFG raids and did a feral off-spec. Got bored and figured its time for some boomkin actoin but my dps is HORRIBLE!

Got a mix of healing gear (but its rated high per this site anyway).

15% hit and enchants - I could use Mr. Robot and fix up some things but again my dps in a Nalak fight was 38k (But fogot to go boomkin for 60% of the fight)!!!

Yikes bottom of the dam list. So I was about to just go back to feral but I'll keep at it for a bit more.

I use buttontimers and it lights up on what I need to hit. I have the rotation down (I think).

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/buttontimers

Is there something obvious I'm missing (Besides forgetting to go boomkin??

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/stormscale/gogogodzilla

Why didn't you use the optimizations from Ask Mr. Robot? You're missing about 8% critical chance over the optimal build which gives you a lot more Shooting Stars procs. With no weapon enchant, improperly reforged and gemmed gear, and having one trinket that provides no benefit to you other than the Intellect boost, and playing a spec that is extremely sensitive to suboptimal setups, I'm not sure why you're expecting to be high on the charts.

Fortunately, those are all problems that can be solved by spending gold and Valor Points. Not being in Moonkin form, having to rely on add-ons to follow your rotation and most likely not using your cooldowns properly if at all - that's a personal play issue and you need to spend some more time learning what to do and why. I play a lot of different classes, and I never use rotation add-ons because it's no substitute for having a full understanding of how a class works.

I've used button timers for years on my hunter, warlock, dk and warrior with great success, topping dps charts. It helps with letting you know when a dot is running out, etc. But you are right in that I don't understand this balance druid rotation yet. I'll put Mr. Robot into effect and see where that leads to with practice. I've just found other dps classes to produce better numbers without a perfect setup.

I've used button timers for years on my hunter, warlock, dk and warrior with great success, topping dps charts. It helps with letting you know when a dot is running out, etc. But you are right in that I don't understand this balance druid rotation yet. I'll put Mr. Robot into effect and see where that leads to with practice. I've just found other dps classes to produce better numbers without a perfect setup.

Yes, as I said, Balance is very sensitive to not being set-up properly. It's almost as bad as trying to play a Fire Mage with low Crit and the wrong trinkets. That's the trap you can fall into as a healer-hybrid.. you think OK, this healer trinket might not be the best, but it'll do until I can find something better. And then you really, really suck and it hurts. :)

Yes, as I said, Balance is very sensitive to not being set-up properly. It's almost as bad as trying to play a Fire Mage with low Crit and the wrong trinkets. That's the trap you can fall into as a healer-hybrid.. you think OK, this healer trinket might not be the best, but it'll do until I can find something better. And then you really, really suck and it hurts. Posted Image

Also like mentioned....druid boomkin is not a spec that will do high amount of damage with any gear unless you touch about 10000 crit and 10000 haste....to achiev that you need to have about 525 odd gear....only then can you achiev uber dps....i currently have a 514 moonkin(with 2 piece tier 14) and their was a big difference in my dps from my 517 gear which had no set....i literaly went from maintaining a dps of 90k to 114 k dps. (granted through procs we shoot up.....but maintaining a dps throughout the fight).

So basically you need to have the patience to play this toon....

Edited by Reaperofsoul

I'll keep at it. After some tweaking last night I ended a LFG boss at 61k - so I'm already seeing an improvement.