FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nerfmod

Pawn Frost DK scale tag?

18 hours ago, Nerfmod said:

Looking for a pawn Scale tag for Frost spec using icy-viens scale. I can't seem to find one. If anyone has one please post it.

Thats because it changes depending on gear and spec.

Your best bet is to sim and tool your character yourself. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nerfmod said:

Looking for a pawn Scale tag for Frost spec using icy-viens scale. I can't seem to find one. If anyone has one please post it.

The pawn scale changes basically every time you get a piece of gear so it'd be useless (or even detrimental!) to give you one to always use. As Sniz said before me, it's best to sim your own character and use the pawn string it gives you. Simming your character is very easy, so I highly recommend you try that if you'd like to use pawn.

4 minutes ago, Andell said:

The pawn scale changes basically every time you get a piece of gear so it'd be useless (or even detrimental!) to give you one to always use. As Sniz said before me, it's best to sim your own character and use the pawn string it gives you. Simming your character is very easy, so I highly recommend you try that if you'd like to use pawn.

Problem is, even those post-sim pawn scales are misleading.  It gives you the weight of stats with your *current* gear. So of you take those weights and start removing "weaker" stats for "stronger" ones, you could still see a dps loss!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sniz said:

Problem is, even those post-sim pawn scales are misleading.  It gives you the weight of stats with your *current* gear. So of you take those weights and start removing "weaker" stats for "stronger" ones, you could still see a dps loss!

That is exactly what I dislike of our current situation. What I did is try different configurations of gear, find the most effective with my playstyle and then calculate the stat weight. My bank is currently full of gear because every new piece I get, there are some optimizations to be done. 

5 hours ago, Daggnar said:

That is exactly what I dislike of our current situation. What I did is try different configurations of gear, find the most effective with my playstyle and then calculate the stat weight. My bank is currently full of gear because every new piece I get, there are some optimizations to be done. 

Its good to have choice

For 7.1.5 ilvl will have more of an impact so I would clear your bank and save only the high ilvl bits for now, anything 860 and above perhaps. 

Everyone stresses about the perfect gear set, make the most of the one you have and you will be grand.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shells said:

Its good to have choice

For 7.1.5 ilvl will have more of an impact so I would clear your bank and save only the high ilvl bits for now, anything 860 and above perhaps. 

Everyone stresses about the perfect gear set, make the most of the one you have and you will be grand.

In a lot of ways Blizz setting the way stats work with each other the way they have adds an interesting dynamic for those who like the process of "tooling" their characters. *raises hand*

But I feel its that process that alienates a lot of players who aren't necessarily into that kind of thing and prefer being shown (or simply researching) what is the proper thing to do quickly so they can concentrate on playing the game.

Banking gear is literally the #1 best piece of advice anybody can give at this point.

• Like 1