FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bigboyee

Log help. Desperate.

Me and my raid group are still progressing through Mythic EN, though we have Nyth, Elerethe, and Ursoc all easily on farm. I'm consistently parsing very low for my ilvl, and consistently losing out in dps to a lower ilvl shaman of the same spec. Despite usually having better buff uptimes than him and better cd usage he parses much better than me. Usually the main difference i find is he gets off way more stormstrikes than me. Recently I've started mashing that button almost nonstop in fights, sometimes sacrificing a few seconds of buff time to get off more stormstrikes, but the results seem to be about the same as before. 

Below you'll find logs that have both of us in them, as well as mine and his armory links. I'm Bigboyee and the other shaman is Cyrashapa. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

The Ursoc fight in particular on this one: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vnpwPdAC7FrHxcWV#type=damage-done&fight=12

Ursoc and Odyn were the only clean fights we had here:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YfgFwB3rzH6mV1jM/#fight=2&type=damage-done

My armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Bigboyee/simple

His armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Cyrashapa/simple

Edited by Bigboyee
The first log link had mentioned the Elerethe fight instead of ursoc by mistake

Scratching on my head on why you're linking a parse where you died 2 minutes in. Doesn't seem very helpful to your DPS.

The other shaman has more points in his weapon than yours, which also makes a difference.

I'm not sure why you have the Sundering talent, it doesn't show on the logs so I'm assuming you weren't actually using it then.

On Odyn, Cyrashapa had 356 casts of abilities (backing out Doom Vortex since that is passive), you had 303. That's more than I could account for with the difference in Haste on your gear. I suspect efficient movement and target selection are a problem there. In general, make sure you are filling as many empty GCD's as you can - Boulderfist, Crash Lightning, or Flametongue should be available. If not, you can also refresh Frostbrand a hair earlier than you have to.

I was tired last night when i posted, meant to say Ursoc instead of Elerethe (edited now). 

According to the summary tab of the log he only has 1 trait over me, which was a pretty weak minor trait, unless I'm reading that wrong?

That was for some pvp I was doing, on the summary tab of the logs you can see i was running with proper talents in the fights.

Wow, really. I'll see what I can find on that. I'll watch replays for that fight and see how he moves compared to me. 

Thanks a bunch Tarazet, and if you find anything else in the Ursoc fight in the first link now, that would also be greatly appreciated. Especially since that fight isn't really about efficient movement or target selection. 

Looked at Ursoc and found pretty much the same thing going on, which is interesting. You have better uptimes than him on your buffs, and your gear is better as well. Neither of you are wasting a lot of Maelstrom. Doom Vortex doesn't make enough of a difference to close the gap. The only thing I can really point to is, the other Shaman is being more aggressive with Stormstrike and letting Flametongue fall off if he has a lot of Stormbringers in a row. His Maelstrom generation overall was some 10% higher.. because every time an attack procs Windfury, it refunds 5 Maelstrom, so it adds up to a higher gain throughout the fight which in turn allowed him to use even more Stormstrikes.

I also don't know if you are refreshing buffs early with pandemic. Normally it's a good thing, but you never know when that next Stormbringer is coming, and our auto-attack damage is nothing to write home about. So I'll let it fall off and apply it on the first available GCD if I have the chance to use Stormstrike instead.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By Exstage
      Hay,

I seem to struggle to get better DPS. I figured out that i used chaos strike and blade dance to less. and i should use less Throw glaive and fellrush. 
      But i stil seem to have trouble getting my dps on.  Please take a look on the logs at the 14th. 
      I really dislike using the "eye beam build" (it feel slow to me) so i still use the 2221311 build. 
      Profile:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/15410865
      Armory:
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/magtheridon/zoéy

Thanks already for helping / reading!
      P.s. i have all legendary's
    • By Xzylion
      Hi
      So, lately I have been looking around the web for someone to explain how I can insert an icon/bar that displays the "buff" Feral Spirit. I am mainly using the Tell Me When addon, but I had to go  through Weak Auras this time to get it right. I also want to mention that I would not have been able to get it right had I not imported the Weak Auras string from Wordup (author of the enhancement shaman guide). The reason for this being so complicated is because contrary to what you might think, Feral Spirit does not work as a buff. Therefore you will have to manually work around this problem to get it to work. I have added some pictures that will hopefully make the process easier.
      PS. I am in no way an expert on either Tell Me When or Weak Auras, so be gentle...
      1) Tell Me When:

This is the general layout. If you dont want an icon, but a bar. You can go into the "group" tab (bottom right of tell me when) and select bar (on the very top)

This is how the layout inside Tell Me When should look after completion. Feral Spirit is no longer a "buff", so you will have to make a Combat Event where you manually enter the amount of seconds the combat event (Feral Spirit) should be active, in this case 15 seconds

This is important: Events to check --> Casts --> Spell Cast Success
      After all that you should be ready to go!

2) Weak Auras:

Feral Spirit is no longer a "buff", so you will have to make a Combat Log where you manually enter the amount of seconds the combat event (Feral Spirit) should be active, in this case 15 seconds

Just scrolling down

All the way at the bottom you have to enter the Spell Name and the amount of seconds that the Combat Event (Feral Spirit) should be active.
      Now you should be all ready to go!

• By Pedruid
      Hello i was hoping someone could take a look over my logs to see if i'm doing something wrong. I personally think i'm doing everything right but i cant seem to get my DPS up and i'm always almost at the bottom of the logs. Any help would be awesome! 

logs for recent raid 
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Nwbptvq3D8X6L7H9#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=12
      log page for toon 
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/exodar/pendruid
    • By Krommush
      Hello, sorry for my bad english. I post here because i've some problems with my DPS in ToS M, my IL is 928 and i only can rise and mantain 900k-1M but when i will do simmin in raidbots my dps rise 1.4 M :S.
      Here is lastest logs of yesterday, i've between 250 -350 ms of ping always.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RHXLrcZvYn9KN8bh/
      I can't put images of my gear and talent set, i don't know why.
      Thx for answer this and help me :)