FORUMS
Damien

Aggro Jade Shaman Standard

Any power that supports your aggression will work well: Warlock, Hunter, Mage are the top 3. Druid is pretty good too, Rogue less so but can prove useful if you have already played your Jade Claws. Warrior, Priest and Paladin are best avoided. 

Guest Donkey

Patches seems pretty useless? Am I not using him right? there are no buffs for him...

3 hours ago, Guest Donkey said:

Patches seems pretty useless? Am I not using him right? there are no buffs for him...

Patches may seem weak on the surface but he is much stronger than he looks. He is a free summon when you play a Pirate as long as he is in your deck, so say turn 1 you play Southsea Deckhand on turn one, Patches is then summoned from your deck and you can go face with him. On turn 2 if both are still alive you can play Flametongue Totem in the middle and go face with Patches and Southsea Deckhand for 7 damage which brings the total to 8 damage for only 3 mana plus you also thinned your deck by one card. This is just one example, there are many other different combos that he can play a part in. So all in all he is stronger than he looks. 

23 minutes ago, KingMe said:

Patches may seem weak on the surface but he is much stronger than he looks. He is a free summon when you play a Pirate as long as he is in your deck, so say turn 1 you play Southsea Deckhand on turn one, Patches is then summoned from your deck and you can go face with him. On turn 2 if both are still alive you can play Flametongue Totem in the middle and go face with Patches and Southsea Deckhand for 7 damage which brings the total to 8 damage for only 3 mana plus you also thinned your deck by one card. This is just one example, there are many other different combos that he can play a part in. So all in all he is stronger than he looks. 

To add to these, turn 1 pirate + Patches lets you counter a turn 2 Doomsayer by using Flametongue Totem. This exact sequence of cards has won me many games against renolocks.

9 minutes ago, CodeRazor said:

To add to these, turn 1 pirate + Patches lets you counter a turn 2 Doomsayer by using Flametongue Totem. This exact sequence of cards has won me many games against renolocks.

This adds to the point I was trying to make. He is a very explosive card and honestly I'm glad they made him a Legendary. Could you imagine if you could have 2 in your deck? Hmm, Now I'm thinking about playing him in a rouge with Gang Up.  I'll let you know how badly this fails. lol

Really liking this Shaman List, made a few changes though to make it more consistent in my meta game. 
I think Doomhammer is too slow, also allot of people play ooze since it is such a good tech card in current meta.

I run 2 claws instead. And to replace rockbiter I run Thalnos and a 2nd Lava Burst. 
Games vs Rogue become much weaker though. 

Edited by Aexra

Guest Tippy

I was a dumbass and disenchanted Finley a while back, what should I replace it with for now? I was thinking a Thing From Below so having to totem is a bit less bad, or maybe just a second Maelstorm/Burst

1 hour ago, Guest Tippy said:

I was a dumbass and disenchanted Finley a while back, what should I replace it with for now? I was thinking a Thing From Below so having to totem is a bit less bad, or maybe just a second Maelstorm/Burst

Maelstrom Portal would be the better card out of the ones that you mentioned.

Guest SpookyWolf

Having just grinded out gold Hunter in Wild I felt like playing a meta deck, and even though I basically knew what to expect from this deck, the raw value is insane. I'm not sure what the general opinion is, but I'm pretty sure Aggro Shaman is better than Pirate Warrior.

Some questions in general;

Why there is no Leeroy Jenkins in shaman decks in general, I think it is a good finisher, and you can just play it right next to a Flametongue Totem for like 5 mana and 8 damage.

Also, Doomhammers don't feel good in general. I mean, it is a wonderful weapon in general, wouldn't it be better to replace them with, I don't know, Lava Burst and maybe even Aya Blackpaw or Leeroy Jenkins ?

I know that decklists can be changed, everyone has their preferences, but I wondered these questions.

Yes, I also know there is a version without Doomhammers, it is just a general question, especially about Leeroy Jenkins.

1 hour ago, FanOfValeera said:

Why there is no Leeroy Jenkins in shaman decks in general, I think it is a good finisher, and you can just play it right next to a Flametongue Totem for like 5 mana and 8 damage.

This deck runs Doomhammer and Rockbiter Weapon as the finisher. If you feel the need for more finishers, feel free to add Leeroy Jenkins or alternatively a bit weaker Al'Akir the Windlord.

1 hour ago, FanOfValeera said:

Also, Doomhammers don't feel good in general. I mean, it is a wonderful weapon in general, wouldn't it be better to replace them with, I don't know, Lava Burst and maybe even Aya Blackpaw or Leeroy Jenkins ?

I know that decklists can be changed, everyone has their preferences, but I wondered these questions.

Yes, I also know there is a version without Doomhammers, it is just a general question, especially about Leeroy Jenkins.

I believe you answered your own question: it's mainly up to personal preferences. 
Doomhammers are much better if you expect your opponent to have cards like Ice Block or Potion of Polymorph, or if you expect your opponent to have good heals, like Greater Healing Potion, as Leeroy Jenkins can be played as a finisher only (as in, not a tempo play), whereas Doomhammer can be used to push huge damage over several turns, with great burst capability as well when coupled with Rockbiter Weapon.

Time will tell; but as of right now I'd keep him in. Even with only 1 health, he is still a threat to bigger drops with a weapon out and the deck needs activators for Patches the PirateBloodsail Corsair is just bad (especially on turn 1 where you want Patchey to appear but your opponent doesn't have a weapon out already), Bloodsail Raider needs a weapon equipped to be efficient and is too slow as an activator and Southsea Captain is even slower.

Another possibility would be to get rid of the Pirate package altogether, but what would be fast enough to replace it?