FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Splat

Shaman - any good professions for this class?

Greetings and good morning from Portugal everyone.

I recently created this account here, this website has been very useful for me since i came back to WoW.

I was wondering if in Legion professions feel useful again? Some people say yes but others don't feel it that way.

I am playing as a shaman for the first time and having fun honestly, i am here asking for help and advice about recommended professions for shaman, any good ones and useful ones out there?

Thank you in advance.

Depends what you mean by "useful".

My warlock has benefited none from Tailoring except for the beginning of the xpac.

Alch/Herb is always a good combo for money making.

Leatherworking/Skinning if you're looking to make mail gear at max level, but most of it will be promptly replaced with mythic dungeon gear.

On 12/10/2016 at 0:47 AM, Kazgrin said:

Depends what you mean by "useful".

My warlock has benefited none from Tailoring except for the beginning of the xpac.

Alch/Herb is always a good combo for money making.

Leatherworking/Skinning if you're looking to make mail gear at max level, but most of it will be promptly replaced with mythic dungeon gear.

What about Mining and Jewelcrafting combo?

By useful i meant a profession that can be good for me while leveling up but also to make money.

13 hours ago, Splat said:

What about Mining and Jewelcrafting combo?

By useful i meant a profession that can be good for me while leveling up but also to make money.

Alch/Herb is definitely more profitable.

I've heard JC makes money, but kind of slow.

11 hours ago, Kazgrin said:

Alch/Herb is definitely more profitable.

I've heard JC makes money, but kind of slow.

So Alchemy can be more profitable than JC?

Also will Alchemy will be usefull for a shaman with potions, elixirs etc?

So I am going to ask a few questions first. 

What are you trying to do, level this character or will you be leveling multiple characters? 

Are you just trying to make money?  Or do you want to wear the gear you make? 

Crafting Skills:
Blacksmithing (Only really for Platewearers)
Leatherworking (You can make your own armor, Makes 2 of the 4 items to open a Forge for destroying Crafted Items)
Engineering (PVP Favorite, can craft a helm and Make things to make moving around easier)
Alchemy (Potions, Flasks - If you are going to do end game can save you money in the long run)
Inscription (Meh, I am not impressed with this expansion)
Jewelcrafting (Ok if you have sockets, Very expensive to level and very dependent on Luck)
Enchanting (Destroy tons of stuff for Mats to sell, some people make money Enchanting (Not this guy not enough patience))
Tailoring (Make Cloth and Bags, but I would do this on a cloth wearer to get most benefit)

Gathering Skills:
Mining - Get Rocks (Supports Blacksmithing, Engineering, Jewelcrafting)
Skinning - Supports Leatherworking 
Herbalisim - Supports Alchemy and Inscription

Fishing - Provides Food Buffs
Cooking - Make your own food
Archeology - Time suck can get several items.  Get at least 1 point to just have it.  May find it useful at some point.
First Aid - Bandages Maybe semi useful depending on class.

Pet Battles - you can level using these.  Your choice.  Some like Poke-mon (Blizzard Style) some don't.

Gather stuff all around and craft with these or just sell on the Auction House for a profit.  Note you can only track Mine or Herb Nodes at a single time.  Might want to take one and Skinning if you are just going to sell stuff.

If you are going to level from level 1 in a profession.  You might want to go back to Dreanor and level your Garrison.  This can provide older mats to help you level your professions.  Just a thought.

If you want to ask something else, just ask.

Alchemy has pretty much always been useful in some way, shape or form and that's not something I see changing any time soon. Double duration flasks is a nice perk to have as well.