FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gatsu

Destro Warlock looking for dps pointers (Heroic Ursoc/Xavius) as examples

Greetings,

Am currently an iLvl 869 Warlock and am not doing as well as I would like. Was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on how I could improve.

Here is a link to a recent Ursoc Heroic kill we had last night for single target.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vm9y6f7kZKFRpcMa/#view=replay&fight=2

And Here is a recent Xavius Heroic kill

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vm9y6f7kZKFRpcMa/#

Any help analyzing these or showing me what to look for would be helpful

Thanks

Gatsu

Edited by Gatsu
Title clarification

8 hours ago, Gatsu said:

Greetings,

Am currently an iLvl 869 Warlock and am not doing as well as I would like. Was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on how I could improve.

Here is a link to a recent Ursoc Heroic kill we had last night for single target.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vm9y6f7kZKFRpcMa/#view=replay&fight=2

And Here is a recent Xavius Heroic kill

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vm9y6f7kZKFRpcMa/#

Any help analyzing these or showing me what to look for would be helpful

Thanks

Gatsu

Hey Gatsu,

You're about 28% haste? If so keep grabbing more.

Should summon Doomguard when you have the Lord of the Flames debuff. Ideally do Infernal with BL/Hero however if you are not quite sure of fight length then Infernal is better at the start than not at all.

Immolate fell off once. A couple if times the casts were probably a bit too close together.

Several casting gaps (understandable when you got Focused but that was only once). Ursoc is all planned movement (except for the focus). Keep 1-2 Rift charges back and a Conflag. Every time you cast an instant start moving to where you need to be next (though yes stay close enough for roars if you  need to soak). You should be able to get in a lot more Incinerates in this fight time.

Chain casted CBs a few times. Sometimes you cap, cap, cap but if not then you are lowering your Eradication uptime.

Ideally space your Conflags a little further apart. You want 3 buffed casts in every Backdraft,

Maybe 1-2 missed Conflags or it was fine (really hard to tell as CD is effected by haste).

Possibly missed Rift or again it was fine! Hard to tell as well with the trait.

7 wasted SSs

Potion use time at the 2 min mark was weird. You want to combine as many cooldowns and buffs as you can. So Grimoire: Imp, Infernal/Doomguard, BL, Blood Fury etc are all good together. Your potion only covered Blood Fury however yes you want it early enough so you get a full minutes use.

Ultimately not bad. Needs some polishing and your opener looked pretty good.

Xavius:

All what I said above will be here as well. So think about those issues on every fight.

Most people will use GoSac on this fight. The two talents are very close on ST so if you tank the boss and add together you will probably come out just ahead overall with GoSac. However, there is not a lot of cleave and using a pet is fine too and will support you more when you move/aren't always casting. Ah it could go either way actually. 

Only 9 CBs copied is really low.

Again use Infernal only once, Doomguard the rest.

You didn't have full Havoc coverage on the big add at the end and missed a lot of DPS that way. A couple of times Havoc refresh was too early or you move it around before the 20 seconds is up. 

For the little adds I keep Havoc on Xavius (saves recasting it whenever something dies) and then hit the ones others seem to be leaving alone. You'll have to judge if it's worth dotting them. I tend to just throw in CBs but ours die really quick and I have better shard regen than you.

Again out of sync potion time.

As Destro if we dot enough stuff so we have a constant stream of CBs going into our priority target it should be a DPS increase on it, Might be worth you dotting a few tentacles and seeing how that goes for you. Keeping Havoc up on a tentacle as well will be a DPS increase as well but that's technically not needed (assuming you are not killing tentacles).

For really good damage you need MC here when you are in the dream stage (so it wears off again without death). Not always possible though to get if people are fighting for it and when things die faster.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Disclaimer: Always may be errors.

Thanks Spikeysquad! Greatly appreciate the time you took to look it over and the recommendations. Movement has been a challenge and am just learning how to watch the replays of other warlocks for ideas. will certainly try and drop some more immolates on the tentacles for phase 3. Your input on this site has been very helpful.

Thanks

Gatsu

On 11/12/2016 at 0:01 AM, Gatsu said:

Thanks Spikeysquad! Greatly appreciate the time you took to look it over and the recommendations. Movement has been a challenge and am just learning how to watch the replays of other warlocks for ideas. will certainly try and drop some more immolates on the tentacles for phase 3. Your input on this site has been very helpful.

Thanks

Gatsu

You're welcome Gatsu. I am still not that great with the movement thing but it is a learned skill (for most people) and can be improved. Think carefully before each fight about the best positioning, whether you really need to cancel your cast to move straight away and whether your gateway and circle would be useful.

Also practising your rotation a lot on dummies/in raids so you know it so well that you can perform it perfectly (or near enough) and can just focus on the mechanics will help a lot too for when you do have to move. Go practice, work on the stuff I brought up and if you want post some more logs in say 2 weeks and we can then see how you are progressing and what you need to focus more on then. Until then feel free to ask any questions etc.

Good luck!